GDT Sabres at Ottawa 3/8/18 7:30pm MSG GR

Brawndo

Deserving is game-by-game. They deserved to get crushed by Calgary based on how they played. But if the Sabres come out and play like they have against Boston, then they'll deserve to win.

Let's win this game! If we finish last, that's fine, but the draft order percentages and the picking for each of the top three picks... finishing last isn't nearly so important as it was for McJesus/Eichel. Let's win, let the ping-pong balls fall where they might, and take our guaranteed top 6 pick and move on. Let's win and have some fun. The GDTs are more jovial when we win.

If we win enough, we won't be guaranteed a top 6 pick. Vancouver is only up 6 points on us and they've been worse than we've been over the last 10 games.

If we win enough, we won't be guaranteed a top 6 pick. Vancouver is only up 6 points on us and they've been worse than we've been over the last 10 games.

Sure... but there are only 15 games left. A bad team gaining 6 points on another bad team over that span isn't a given. Loser points keep everyone in their place (unless there's a massive streak (5+ wins/losses in a row).

I'd like to add that I am so disappointed with this team/franchise where I've reached the point of embracing a tank for the 2nd time in 4 years. Middle fingers everywhere!

Looks more like a spoon and a cleaver...  :angel:

The tank killed this team and the fan base.

We still have fans openly hoping for loses.  Which I don't really have a problem with, but it shows how the tank and the results have really destroyed us as fans.

I can't fathom hoping for losses at this point. This team needs to be trying to win every night.

The tank was the lowest point for me, so I'm stunned that some people are just now reaching peak apathy. 

I can't fathom hoping for losses at this point. This team needs to be trying to win every night.

The tank was the lowest point for me, so I'm stunned that some people are just now reaching peak apathy. 

At the time the tank was the lowest point for me. Apparently when you hit rock bottom you max out your credit card on a jack-hammer and then max out your other card on extension cords so you can keep drilling deeper and deeper.

I can't see this team winning more than 5 games in the remaining 15 and I'm hoping they sweep Toronto.

how many forwards playing tonight will be on the roster next season? Winning tonight has very very little with how this team plays next October.

However, if the 12% increase of drafting in the top 3 and the 100% guarantee of drafting in the top 4 could have significant impact on next season.

Just tinkered on Tankathon... maybe ran it 6 or 8 times. Never my mind on where I was, hmm, what I was doing, hm! I'm here to tell you, McDavid could really use a quality defenceman. The Oilers and Dahlin happened a few times. The Sabres rolled in the top 3 only twice.

So... yeah... I'm still all for enjoying watching games and hoping that we win. We'll win some games, lose others. Other bad teams will win, too. We'll still get a good player, just maybe not Dahlin. Let's win anyway.

I don't hope for losses.  They will come or not regardless of my desires.

That said, whether we're good or bad, or Ottawa is good or bad, these are usually close, hard fought games, so I'm looking forward to this.

Both of those thoughts are something I can lean into.  Feel the same way.

#Sabres  in warmup:

Pouliot-ROR-Reinhart

Wilson-Larsson-Pominville

Girgensons-Josefson-Okposo

Nolan-O'Regan-Baptiste

Scandella-Ristolainen; Gorges-Nelson; Guhle-Falk. Goal: Lehner

Per Harrington

Line 1: Crap

Line 2: Crappier

Line 3: Crappiest

Line 4: Jordan Nolan - Danny O'Ragan - another piece of crap.

D pairings look similar.

Lehner in net.

Nailed it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.