BREAKING: WAWROW: BOTTERILL SLAMMED A DOOR

PASabreFan

"After the second goal." Presumably by the Kings. And then what? He slapped one of the cute little kids in the stands?

Phil Housley didn't know it had happened, so he had no comment.

What is the point of this and what are you trying to start up?

Go look at Wawrow's twitter thread.

He mentioned a "slamming of a door" up in the press box area I guess, presumably implying that Botterill or someone associated with the team was pissed off b/c we suck ass and slammed a door.  Big deal.

Of more interest to me: I noticed a later comment in Wawrow's thread where he mentioned that after a typical Sabres' home game, you can find as many Sabres out in the hallway chatting with visiting players as you can find in the Buffalo locker room itself.

I swear to God, NHL hockey sucks ass nowadays.  It's just horrible.

Regarding the door slamming, do something already Botterill!  The entire team needs to be remade while retaining very few current players.

So get on it!

He mentioned a "slamming of a door" up in the press box area I guess, presumably implying that Botterill or someone associated with the team was pissed off b/c we suck ass and slammed a door.  Big deal.

Of more interest to me: I noticed a later comment in Wawrow's thread where he mentioned that after a typical Sabres' home game, you can find as many Sabres out in the hallway chatting with visiting players as you can find in the Buffalo locker room itself.

Regarding the door slamming, do something already Botterill!  The entire team needs to be remade while retaining very few current players.

So get on it!

So nothing.

He was trying to show Lehner what to do

This is funny as hell.  Thanks, I needed it after wasting time on that game.

Living in NYC, I do not get a chance to see many games played by the Sabres.  I watched the game today, and they looked awful.  I know that this is not news to anyone, but they looked slow and poorly coached.  I have no idea whether this is about the players, the coaches or some combination of the two (most likely), but not only did the Sabres play poorly, but they were boring to watch.

Edited by jahnyc

So get on it!

I would they are pissed off. I am

Living in NYC, I do not get a chance to see many games played by the Sabres.  I watched the game today, and they looked awful.  I know that this is not news to anyone, but they looked slow and poorly coached.  I have no idea whether this is about the players, the coaches or some combination of the two (most likely), but not only did the Sabres play poorly, but they were boring to watch.

You pretty much nailed the whole season.

Reporting an interesting tidbit? A conversation?

He was trying to show Lehner what to do

(insert image of old school Soviet Olympic judge holding up a 10)

For the first time, today the Internet failed me.

www.espn.com/nhl/recap?gameId=400962497

Frustration boiled over for the Eastern Conference's last-place Sabres.

The press box shook with the loud sound of a door slamming, and Sabres general manager Jason Botterill was spotted leaving the team's booth shortly after Kopitar scored his first goal to put the Kings up 2-0

I don't blame him.  This team is horrible.   They look slow, and lack of effort is so evident.  Living in Vegas and watching the GK play, they skate like the wind, shoot quick and often, and have energy for days.  We are old and tired.  We have guys making millions who don't even deserve a minor league contract.

Can't wait for Bots to clean house!

Edited by dejeanerret

So get on it!

The current players under contract next year and the 2019 season are already conducive to this happening. 

www.espn.com/nhl/recap?gameId=400962497

Frustration boiled over for the Eastern Conference's last-place Sabres.

The press box shook with the loud sound of a door slamming, and Sabres general manager Jason Botterill was spotted leaving the team's booth shortly after Kopitar scored his first goal to put the Kings up 2-0

I don't blame him.  This team is horrible.   They look slow, and lack of effort is so evident.  Living in Vegas and watching the GK play, they skate like the wind, shoot quick and often, and have energy for days.  We are old and tired.  We have guys making millions who don't even deserve a minor league contract.

Can't wait for Bots to clean house!

Botterill DID turn over a lot of the roster and hire Housley. So his hands aren't exactly clean. Of course he deserves more time.

I can't help but channel GoDD here and ponder the history of Wawrow and the Sabres. He's been fed stories by the team in the past. A certain narrative works in management's favor: we're fed up, too, it's not us, it's the players, keep calm and buy tickets etc.

If this is true at all, it speaks volumes. There's always been talk of the "culture" being a problem, countryclub atmosphere, all that sort of thing. Never going to fix the product on the ice if this is in fact the attitude off of it. 

If this is true at all, it speaks volumes. There's always been talk of the "culture" being a problem, countryclub atmosphere, all that sort of thing. Never going to fix the product on the ice if this is in fact the attitude off of it.

I this happens every game, aren't all the teams in the NHL guilty of it too?

I this happens every game, aren't all the teams in the NHL guilty of it too?

Yeah. This is normal stuff. Half these guys played together in Juniors or college or on other teams. They're friends. I think if it was the playoffs you might see less of it since the animosity tends to ramp up a bit. But even then.

I think what frustrates me the most about this team is that post-tank (at least the first one) there are only two players from Rochester that may provide immediate upgrades in the near term (Ullmark and Guhle).  I don't think Bailey, Baptiste or Fasching will develop into quality players, bottom six or otherwise.  It seems that Mittelstadt may be a good one, but I have a feeling he is at least a few years away and he may need time in Rochester.

On some level, I understood the tank (although I am not saying I necessarily agreed with it).  The problem was that when we traded all of our assets there was nothing in terms of young players in our system that were ready to play in Buffalo.  Our prospect pool was incredibly weak at that time, and all of our assets that we could trade were traded, which meant everything (and every level) had to be rebuilt.  We are still paying the price for this, and some poor picks and trades has exacerbated the situation, both before and after the tank.

JB has a big job in front of him and it will take time to fix.

If you include Moulson and everybody in Rochester, there are 25 guys currently under contract for next year. A few of those guys may be leaving via trade in the next week or this summer.

JBOTs is going to be busy indeed. Both teams will be unrecognizable by October. It's going to be interesting.

I think what frustrates me the most about this team is that post-tank (at least the first one) there are only two players from Rochester that may provide immediate upgrades in the near term (Ullmark and Guhle).  I don't think Bailey, Baptiste or Fasching will develop into quality players, bottom six or otherwise.  It seems that Mittelstadt may be a good one, but I have a feeling he is at least a few years away and he may need time in Rochester.

On some level, I understood the tank (although I am not saying I necessarily agreed with it).  The problem was that when we traded all of our assets there was nothing in terms of young players in our system that were ready to play in Buffalo.  Our prospect pool was incredibly weak at that time, and all of our assets that we could trade were traded, which meant everything (and every level) had to be rebuilt.  We are still paying the price for this, and some poor picks and trades has exacerbated the situation, both before and after the tank.

JB has a big job in front of him and it will take time to fix.

I had no problem with the theory of tanking. 

I had a problem with the execution of the tank.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.