BREAKING: WAWROW: BOTTERILL SLAMMED A DOOR

PASabreFan

25. Some of the scouts/reporters who were watching Los Angeles at Buffalo last weekend said they haven’t seen a general manager all year as upset as Jason Botterill was during that game.

From Friedman’s 31 Thoughts today

So which deal for a player did he have worked out that went tits up that afternoon?

Too many possibilities to hazard a guess here.

Better check to see who gaffed on that second LA goal haha

Pretty sure that was the one that Pouliot said "here you go" leaving Beaulieu doing his best table top hockey imitation (spin this way, spin that way, soin, wait, what, huh, nuts) & Lehner sliding completely out of the crease somehow expecting that the net was a moving target as in a higher level of breakout or pong.

Could it have been all 3 were out the door? :(

Pretty sure that was the one that Pouliot said "here you go" leaving Beaulieu doing his best table top hockey imitation (spin this way, spin that way, soin, wait, what, huh, nuts) & Lehner sliding completely out of the crease somehow expecting that the net was a moving target as in a higher level of breakout or pong.

Could it have been all 3 were out the door? :(

lol. 

Friedman was on GR this and mentioned that it’s frustration on all levels of the organization about the fact there will be more pain before things are headed in the right direction

I saw that post on Twitter, and find myself genuinely confused.

I wish I could know, from JBOTS' perspective:

After "some suffering," what, in practical terms, constitutes "more pain?"

How much of the current roster needs to be turned over before the franchise has a chance to move forward?

Approximately how long will this take?

I know that these questions are, essentially, 85% of what gets talked about here. But it's helpful for me to frame it relative to what Friedman said and what JBOTS might think -- not relative to what you or I might think.

I need to know. What is the plan, JBOTS?

My conspiracy theory is that J-bots had heard rumors about the players on this team being super problematic and he took the job hoping that it wasn't true. But it is true, at least partially. And all the GM's he might want to trade with believe the rumors which is destroying his ability to make meaningful moves like he would have in Pitt. I don't think he realized how handcuffed he would be.

I saw that post on Twitter, and find myself genuinely confused.

I wish I could know, from JBOTS' perspective:

After "some suffering," what, in practical terms, constitutes "more pain?"

How much of the current roster needs to be turned over before the franchise has a chance to move forward?

Approximately how long will this take?

I know that these questions are, essentially, 85% of what gets talked about here. But it's helpful for me to frame it relative to what Friedman said and what JBOTS might think -- not relative to what you or I might think.

I need to know. What is the plan, JBOTS?

I don't think we'll know this until mid-July-ish.

25. Some of the scouts/reporters who were watching Los Angeles at Buffalo last weekend said they haven’t seen a general manager all year as upset as Jason Botterill was during that game.

From Friedman’s 31 Thoughts today

immaturity

Why do we think the problems are more personality-based than based on the fact Nelson, Beaulieau, Larsson, Girgensons, Pominville, Rodrigues and Pouliot are all playing significant roles?

I mean of course there are morale issues. The team is terrible and has been for quite some time.

Edited by Mick O’Manly

My conspiracy theory is that J-bots had heard rumors about the players on this team being super problematic and he took the job hoping that it wasn't true. But it is true, at least partially. And all the GM's he might want to trade with believe the rumors which is destroying his ability to make meaningful moves like he would have in Pitt. I don't think he realized how handcuffed he would be.

gah-gif-3.gif

I don't think we'll know this until mid-July-ish.

Fair.

immaturity

I initially read this as an observation re why JBOTS was so furious at his players -- because they are immature.

Then I was like.

source.gif

passion

Fire in the belly, and such.

I mean - if JBOTS isn't effing fuming at what he sees from this team, I'd be concerned.

Put another way: If the report came out that JBOTS has been observed watching placidly as the Sabres stink out their home rink night after night, people would be chirping him as milquetoast.

Edited by That Aud Smell

(I'm still hoping he's a solid 5/6/7 guy.)

Sure, he and other young guys might be part of the solution.

But right now we have only three guys (O’Reilly, Reinhart and Okposo - Kane has checked out) who belong in any NHL top nine and just two (Risto and Scandellaj who would be playing in any NHL top four.

And our goalie ain’t good enough to make up for that.

Fix the talent and the stink questions will go away.

Hell, add Jack to the lineup and we’ve had a .500 hockey team lately.

It’s not Eichel and I doubt it’s Housley or O’Reilly.

Edited by Mick O’Manly

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.