Harrington is right! - Really

GASabresIUFAN

It was a guy named Mike Straw. He has a Twitter handle of @MikeStrawMedia

Understood. I'm just saying he battles Rob and that guy Joe (BuffaloWins) routinely. He may be tired of the blogger scene.

It was very unlike him.  Both he and Harrington completely crossed the line on Monday and Tuesday.

Wawrow and Graham went after Matthew Coller pretty good a couple years ago - and brought it back up recently. Granted Collar worked for an actual media outlet but bordered on 5th grade bullying. 

Edited by Lanny

Wawrow and Graham went after Matthew Coller pretty good a couple years ago - and brought it back up recently. Granted Collar worked for an actual media outlet but bordered on 5th grade bullying.

He's also done it right here on this very board. This is normal behavior, from what I've seen.

Oh, man. That was bad. I think my strong distaste for Graham started then.

He's also done it right here on this very board. This is normal behavior, from what I've seen.

I don't recall it quite that way. He was engaging with a fella who gives as good as he gets.

I don't recall it quite that way. He was engaging with a fella who gives as good as he gets.

Agreed in that aspect. I was talking more about the not letting it go and behavior unbecoming of an AP journalist. Similar to the recent and Collier incidents in those respects.

• 4 weeks later...

His “Hmmm’s” on Twitter, though.

Brandon is pretty clearly someone who will speak through Wawrow, at times, right?

I guess that’s different than a source, come to think of it.

i love this narrative that it's Russ. it has to be Russ, right? how could  it not be.

and if some fans can't get this right, why would i ever expect these same few fans to get much of anything right.

keep throwing that spaghetti at the wall and see if it sticks

good lord. give it up.

jw

i love this narrative that it's Russ. it has to be Russ, right? how could  it not be.

and if some fans can't get this right, why would i ever expect these same few fans to get much of anything right.

good lord. give it up.

jw

Hey, can you ask somebody from the Sabres what happens if the Sharks re-sign Kane but miss the playoffs next year? Nobody has yet and we're all still confused last I checked.

Hey, can you ask somebody from the Sabres what happens if the Sharks re-sign Kane but miss the playoffs next year? Nobody has yet and we're all still confused last I checked.

good point. will hopefully get that clarified in next few weeks.

jw

oh, wait, let me call russ. (eye-roll gif)

;)

Edited by john wawrow

i love this narrative that it's Russ. it has to be Russ, right? how could it not be.

good lord. give it up.

jw

Thanks for listening, John.

Thoughts and prayers are with you as you endure the slings and arrows of outrageous message board speculation.

Thank u for ur service, sir.

/salutes

good lord. give it up.

Thank you. The Russ obsession lives on with some board members.

jw

Thanks for listening, John.

Thoughts and prayers are with you as you endure the slings and arrows of outrageous message board speculation.

Thank u for ur service, sir.

/salutes

:lol:

I love when John comes in here, digs up an old thread, and sh*ts all over a poster I like over some speculation while providing nothing of substance in return. Really makes me want to read his stuff on the Twitters.

:lol:

I love when John comes in here, digs up an old thread, and sh*ts all over a poster I like over some speculation while providing nothing of substance in return. Really makes me want to read his stuff on the Twitters.

I suspect he found the thread by Googling/searching for his (last) name.

I’d thought for a while that he was a solid guy, but have come to conclude that he’s a self-serious, self-important capital J sports journo out of print media central casting.

You just have to swap out Springsteen for The Replacements.

I wrote him off completely when he joined Harrington in dragging that blogger guy for his Lehner report.

Edited by That Aud Smell

I suspect he found the thread by Googling/searching for his (last) name.

I’d thought for a while that he was a solid guy, but have come to conclude that he’s a self-serious, self-important capital J sports journo out of print media central casting.

You just have to swap out Springsteen for The Replacements.

I wrote him off completely when he joined Harrington in dragging that blogger guy for his Lehner report.

Word.

That attack was unseemly, unnecessary, and very possibly based upon incorrect facts.  

Still, Wawrow is a good reporter, as is Harringon, and both are fun to follow on twitter.  (And Harrington pulls double duty as a columnist and is good in  that role, too.)

I'll give them one pass on that attack.  If they do it again, well, it's one fewer follower, and I'm sure they don't really care that much whether I'm reading their comments while I'm on the shitter, anyway.

Edited by Eleven

That attack was unseemly, unnecessary, and very possibly based upon incorrect facts.  

Still, Wawrow is a good reporter, as is Harringon, and both are fun to follow on twitter.  (And Harrington pulls double duty as a columnist and is good in  that role, too.)

I'll give them one pass on that attack.  If they do it again, well, it's one fewer follower, and I'm sure they don't really care that much whether I'm reading their comments while I'm on the shitter, anyway.

The News guys are always so defensive. Actually they're more preemptively attackers against anyone who isn't in print. Tim Graham's writing is second to none in this area; I'll gobble up his articles, which are often long and detailed, because its just so thorough and well written. But I had to block him on Twitter, because all he does is fight with readers on there and -talk WGR. I'll never forget him going after Matthew Collar of all people about not really playing baseball. It was so dumb.

Agreed that Wawrow is a good reporter. And you may recall that I strongly disagree on Harrington having any redeeming qualities as a writer, reporter, columnist.

I don't find either of them to be a fun follow on Twitter -- quite the contrary, I developed a strong antipathy for both on that platform.

I don't read Harrington at all, out of principle. With Wawrow, I don't imagine that I'll be able to avoid reading him because he will have content that I really want to see. Not so with Harrington.

And those guys should very much care if people stop following or reading them.

The News guys are always so defensive. Actually they're more preemptively attackers against anyone who isn't in print. Tim Graham's writing is second to none in this area; I'll gobble up his articles, which are often long and detailed, because its just so thorough and well written. But I had to block him on Twitter, because all he does is fight with readers on there and ######-talk WGR. I'll never forget him going after Matthew Collar of all people about not really playing baseball. It was so dumb.

Graham is a gifted researcher and writer. I don't read any of his stuff anymore because I found him to be so repugnant on social media -- especially with the Matthew Coller stuff.

That experience, together with the stories I'd heard about why he left ESPN, were more than enough for me to resolve never to consume his content.

The News guys are always so defensive. Actually they're more preemptively attackers against anyone who isn't in print. Tim Graham's writing is second to none in this area; I'll gobble up his articles, which are often long and detailed, because its just so thorough and well written. But I had to block him on Twitter, because all he does is fight with readers on there and ######-talk WGR. I'll never forget him going after Matthew Collar of all people about not really playing baseball. It was so dumb.

And he is, was and always will be a fish fan... a devil in my book... so what if he is gifted.

good point. will hopefully get that clarified in next few weeks.

jw

oh, wait, let me call russ. (eye-roll gif)

;)

Thanks. A lot of guys with WGR/TBN have been asked, and get unbelievably snarky. It's actually been embarrassing. "It's not a lottery pick, so who cares." "Who cares about a pick so far ahead in the future? Come on." 

It is completely reasonable for a fan who wants to know what happens a year from now concerning a pick that could by stroke of luck give us something real nice. And completely foolish for those guys to react that way and then proceed to not ever ask anybody what the deal is. 

I tried the google machine but it didn't help. I even tried clapping it on and off.

What's the confusion here? I thought it was pretty clear cut. If the Sharks win the Cup this year or re-sign Kane after the season, the pick becomes a first rounder.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.