Harrington is right! - Really

GASabresIUFAN

She could but most people don't just start answering questions they haven't been asked on social media. I think it was a big mistake for the Pegula's not to have a press conference after Kim become president.

That's part of what I was suggesting: You don't answer questions when you communicate directly with the public.

Sure, but what if they're right to do it? 

I'm not going to say I agree with our esteemed executive leader, but I think he was at least half right with all of his railing against the media. I consume liberal media, because I'm a liberal guy, and let me tell ya: a lot of it is miserable. A lot of it is crap. The liberal media has not risen to the challenge thus far. 

So I think Kim challenging someone like Harrington is a good thing for the local media. Because either he's going to hit back with a big, really good story some day, or he's going to be rendered obsolete and be replaced by someone from my generation who knows how to exist as a journalist in the late first quarter of this century. 

Maybe the Pegulas live to regret it? I have my doubts about that...

Fair enough. Perhaps the fourth estate has become sloppy and flabby and is in need of pruning.

We'll see.

I still don't like the choice to reply to her dog's account in this context.

Maybe I'm just getting old. (OTOH, I'm about Mrs. Pegula's age.)

Crapping on the media is very popular right now. And given how unpopular Harrington is, this kind of thing definitely hurts him more than anyone. He already has pretty much everyone blocked on Twitter because he's such a dope. Not surprised the Pegulas themselves are completely unafraid of him. That doesn't bode well for the career of someone who is paid to be taken seriously.

Does it hurt him though?  This is an industry that is completely dependent upon getting eyeballs and clicks.  That is exactly what all of this comes from all of this.  Can it get to the point of alienating the teams?  Sure, but until it gets there they gain from it too.

Honest question: does anyone actually take someone like Harrington seriously?  I feel like maybe 5% of all of these writers/media folks out there have any credibility whatsoever.  We're completely flooded with attention everywhere we look.  And that will never change as long as people keep soaking it in.

Does it hurt him though?  This is an industry that is completely dependent upon getting eyeballs and clicks.  That is exactly what all of this comes from all of this.  Can it get to the point of alienating the teams?  Sure, but until it gets there they gain from it too.

Honest question: does anyone actually take someone like Harrington seriously?  I feel like maybe 5% of all of these writers/media folks out there have any credibility whatsoever.  We're completely flooded with attention ###### everywhere we look.  And that will never change as long as people keep soaking it in.

When an international reporter followed by 439K people no longer retweets Harrington because he has blocked him, yes, it hurts him, because it means fewer eyeballs and fewer clicks.

I'm one of the people who likes Mike's work, but I do not like his twitter persona.

Edited by Eleven

When an international reporter followed by 439K people no longer retweets Harrington because he has blocked him, yes, it hurts him, because it means fewer eyeballs and fewer clicks.

I'm one of the people who likes Mike's work, but I do not like his twitter persona.

And I think that is fine. I personally don't but honestly the Sabres reporters are the least of this team's worries. 

I wonder what percentage of people actually follow all of this twitter stuff.  We're going to have a higher rate here on this board for obvious reasons, but I do wonder how many of the typical Buffalo News readers will ever see any of this.  I'm not a twitter guy, so I only know any of this exists due to this board. 

Regardless of that though, I get the feeling that these little twitter feuds wind up leading to more people clicking on his stories to see what the hell is going on.  Even if they don't read any of it, the clicks are still generated.  That's a one time thing, but then you start the next feud and start the process all over again.  As long as people like the Kardashians are famous, I'm going to have a hard time believe that this approach doesn't work.

Pattern of Harrington’s Twitter Interaction.

1.Curse Words-Block which is fair.

2. Agree with his anti-tank position-your Tweet is quoted and agreed with

3. Praise his work-tweet quoted and along with a thank you

4.Tell him the Tank worked as it got Eichel-the response is the Tank failed look at the Sabres Record with him

5. Tell him the Tank worked, but the rebuild failed-you are told that’s revisionist history.

6. Tell him that the Fan base was Ok with Eichel or McDavid- you are told that was not the position of Sabres Management as evidenced by GMTM Reaction and Ted Black refusing to talk to the media at the 2015 Draft Lottert

7. Reiterating 4 or 5 or 6 earns you a zip it, choke on this mute or a block depending on his mood

Pattern of Harrington’s Twitter Interaction.

1.Curse Words-Block which is fair.

2. Agree with his anti-tank position-your Tweet is quoted and agreed with

3. Praise his work-tweet quoted and along with a thank you

4.Tell him the Tank worked as it got Eichel-the response is the Tank failed look at the Sabres Record with him

5. Tell him the Tank worked, but the rebuild failed-you are told that’s revisionist history.

6. Tell him that the Fan base was Ok with Eichel or McDavid- you are told that was not the position of Sabres Management as evidenced by GMTM Reaction and Ted Black refusing to talk to the media at the 2015 Draft Lottert

7. Reiterating 4 or 5 or 6 earns you a zip it, choke on this mute or a block depending on his mood

This is amazing, dead on.  We should tweet this to Mike and see what happens to us :lol: :lol:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.