Harrington is right! - Really

GASabresIUFAN

Doubt it, if you're doing it in this fashion.  If you really want to try committing "suicide by cop" rather than just staying away for a while or whatever, you're probably going to have to go harder than that.

He could tell us his political opinions 

Doubt it, if you're doing it in this fashion.  If you really want to try committing "suicide by cop" rather than just staying away for a while or whatever, you're probably going to have to go harder than that.

I would challenge WildCard to a football knowledge contest if I were you, jw

John, saddened that you're leaving. Though truthfully, didn't realize you were still here the past couple of years.

True shame that you got into a pissing match w/ TAS. You are one of a very small number of posters (can't recall any others ottomh, tbh) to do so. From my perspective, he's always been a stand up guy.

At any rate, do hope you decide to come back eventually & for more than just the 3AM drive bys. (The 3AM drive bys are what PPP is for. ;)) You have been a valued member here when you were more active.

Don’t have time to respond fully, but, in general, I disagree.

I’m an anonymous message board poster who had inferred over time that Wawrow’s principal source was Brandon, and that Wawrow sorta exchanged access for relating Brandon’s perspective/spin.

And then Wawrow drunk dial flames me.

Seriously. Screw him.

I think the two of you could sort it out if given the chance.  The petty pile on of inside jokes from others runs it completely off the rails.  It turns into nothing more than people blindly defending one of their own.  There's no way an outsider/casual poster can ever cut through all of that.

John, saddened that you're leaving. Though truthfully, didn't realize you were still here the past couple of years.

True shame that you got into a pissing match w/ TAS. You are one of a very small number of posters (can't recall any others ottomh, tbh) to do so. From my perspective, he's always been a stand up guy.

At any rate, do hope you decide to come back eventually & for more than just the 3AM drive bys. (The 3AM drive bys are what PPP is for. ;)) You have been a valued member here when you were more active.

I'll echo all of this.  There's value to be added here if both sides can move past a few things.

I think the two of you could sort it out if given the chance.  The petty pile on of inside jokes from others runs it completely off the rails.  It turns into nothing more than people blindly defending one of their own.  There's no way an outsider/casual poster can ever cut through all of that.

Sure they can. They just have to act like they're not egomaniacs. It's no different than being the stranger who interrupts a group of friends at the bar. If you want a seat at the table, act like you want to be there. You can't sit on a soapbox. 

Sure they can. They just have to act like they're not egomaniacs. It's no different than being the stranger who interrupts a group of friends at the bar. If you want a seat at the table, act like you want to be there. You can't sit on a soapbox. 

Your analogy only works if the friends at the bar are pointing and laughing at the guy constantly.

Edited by shrader

I'll echo this. I never felt like there was any ceiling that I had to break through to last as a poster. Several others have joined and made great contributions, even if they are unpopular opinions. It's how you react to disagreement. Even as an outsider, inside jokes only assure me that this is a place with personable posters that I'd like to interact with civilly. 

I think having a media presence here would be awesome. Valuable contributions are there to be made. But lately JW didn't come here to make valuable contributions. It seemed more like he came here to blow off steam and take a break from AP Style writing.

I've talked before on here about how it felt hard to get into the flow of this forum, feeling like an outsider and all that. Its a real thing, never (or at least rarely) intentional by members of the board, it just can be hard to break through. 

JWs thing isn't that. He just shows up twice a year, searches for his name, calls people stuff, then disappears into the ether again.

It should actually be EASIER for JW, because we know who he is. He doesn't have to come in and prove himself and his opinions, he can be like "hey, I'm John Warrow, I work for the AP, you've read my stuff, any questions?". He's chosen to use his little soapbox of fame to be a jerk to people instead.

I've talked before on here about how it felt hard to get into the flow of this forum, feeling like an outsider and all that. Its a real thing, never (or at least rarely) intentional by members of the board, it just can be hard to break through. 

JWs thing isn't that. He just shows up twice a year, searches for his name, calls people stuff, then disappears into the ether again.

It should actually be EASIER for JW, because we know who he is. He doesn't have to come in and prove himself and his opinions, he can be like "hey, I'm John Warrow, I work for the AP, you've read my stuff, any questions?". He's chosen to use his little soapbox of fame to be a jerk to people instead.

I like this take.

To be fair, he's not far off on this one

Yes, he is very far off on that one.

Yeah, that's pretty tame. I mean, like, baby sh!t soft. Ain't nobody getting banned for that.

He could tell us his political opinions 

Nope.

I would challenge WildCard to a football knowledge contest if I were you, jw

Nope.

+++++

If Smell leaves the board, IMO, that would do it.  The ban hammer would come out.

Joining this forum is like trying to jump into Gilmore Girls in the middle. You're gonna be completely lost at first. You just have to get acclimated.

I suppose it's not for everyone. That doesn't bother me at all.

if the only way i'm going to get off this board is to get kicked off it, then sure, when it appears there appear to be no consequences from at least one moderator when it comes to what people tweet.

this is the ######, i've come to know on this board, which seems to lack much differing of opinion than those who seem to post the most or drive the narrative such as the ghost of dwight drane did in the past or now this clown.

good for you. a message board is only as good as the worst people on it. or those moderating it.

it sure seems like freeman is open to having an anything goes approach to what he assumes to be moderating.

good for him or her.

i don't have to like it.

and it's why i want nothing to do with this site.

maybe, just maybe, i'll get banned for calling out a moderator.

jw

Please post quotes showing people attacking you for being LQ’s/RB’s mouthpiece.

If there are none other than AudSmell’s recent speculation, is it possible you’ve overreacted?

As for your comments about the mods — are you saying that we should be monitoring twitter and making sure that posters here aren’t heckling you on twitter?

If you’re referring to the recent twitter dustup regarding an alleged trade demand that you and Mike Harrington got into — I don’t think that blogger was anyone here, but I could be wrong.

I will also note that I’ve been accused of having quite a few undesirable qualities (as a mod and otherwise), but you’re the first one to say that I’m too “anything goes” as a mod.

Anyway, you’re far from banned. I think I and most here would prefer that you participate in the conversation, understanding that hockey talk is greatly preferable to pointless bickering.

Joining this forum is like trying to jump into Gilmore Girls in the middle. You're gonna be completely lost at first. You just have to get acclimated.

I suppose it's not for everyone. That doesn't bother me at all.

The Gilmore Girls?

Seriously?

I had more faith in you come up with something way better than that. 

Cheers comes to mind. :beer:

There's a lot of alcohol infused GDTs!

The Gilmore Girls?

Seriously?

Cheers is easy too jump into without knowing what's happening, though. Entering Sabrespace is like if your first episode of Game of Thrones was halfway through season 4.

The Gilmore Girls?

Seriously?

Cheers? I love Cheers. But that's an easy show to watch. No one there is having blisteringly paced conversations about journalistic integrity :p It's just Cliff talking out his ass, which I suppose is relevant.

Cheers is easy too jump into without knowing what's happening, though. Entering Sabrespace is like if your first episode of Game of Thrones was halfway through season 4.

:lol:

What in the sam hell happened in here the last few days? I admittedly ignored this thread because I too don't read Harrington and assumed that was the topic, then my work boredom brought me here and I find an epic battle with John Wawrow. I personally don't have a dog in this fight, but it seems like things... escalated quickly.

General commentary - It seems our active poster count continues to shrink from my perspective, and we tend to hear the same voices more often than not. I don't know how to counter act that trend, other than hoping decent hockey in the future brings some new fans and voices.

What in the sam hell happened in here the last few days? I admittedly ignored this thread because I too don't read Harrington and assumed that was the topic, then my work boredom brought me here and I find an epic battle with John Wawrow. I personally don't have a dog in this fight, but it seems like things... escalated quickly.

General commentary - It seems our active poster count continues to shrink from my perspective, and we tend to hear the same voices more often than not. I don't know how to counter act that trend, other than hoping decent hockey in the future brings some new fans and voices.

Decent hockey really will help. I joined this forum a long with a lot of other people back when the hockey was good, but we lost original members even back then. It's just the way things go. Everyone is catching up to my post count because even I don't have as much to say about hockey as I used to. :lol:

Decent hockey really will help. I joined this forum a long with a lot of other people back when the hockey was good, but we lost original members even back then. It's just the way things go. Everyone is catching up to my post count because even I don't have as much to say about hockey as I used to. :lol:

I'm only 33,500 behind you. Better watch your back!

Game of Thrones is way worse than this board. I tried it, unless you start from the beginning and go through everything you never catch on. 

Walking Dead?

Aud has incredibly thoughtful and deep opinions, but he doesn't post enough to be considered in any way a regular driver of discussions and narratives on this board.

There is a poster that fits that description and he always speaks highly of the Press Corps.

I hope he doesn't take that as any sort of slight, but I bristled at jw's description of Aud as some narrative pushing dude that keeps people from posting in the clique that is the board. 

he's literally the opposite of that in every way!

He's never done the last part.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.