Harrington is right! - Really

GASabresIUFAN

http://buffalonews.com/2018/02/11/mike-harrington-caution-is-the-right-approach-with-eichel/

The end of the previous playoff edition of the Sabres came the day Lucic ran Miller and the Sabres did nothing. 

In the last few games Okposo, Reinhart and Eichel were hit on less then honest plays and no one responded.  Jack's former teammate, Grzelcyk, who hit both Reinhart and Jack should have been run through the boards by Nolan or someone else.  I'm not advocating violence, but until the team learns to win they need to learn not to get pushed around.  You can argue that they "showed" the Bruins by beating them without their best player, but that isn't a long term message.  Standing up for yourself is.  Also it isn't like the Bruins don't have a history of cheap shotting the Sabres (and not getting a response).  Lucic on Miller, Boychuk on Vanek in the playoffs and now Grzelcyk on Reinhart and Eichel.  If we aren't going to protect our best players, then we are doomed.

Also don't tell me he wasn't trying to hurt Jack or Sam.  Maybe he wasn't, be he showed reckless disregard for another player, not once but twice in the same game.  

I can't read the article right now, but if Harrington is referring to the play on which Eichel got hurt, well, that really had nothing to do with contact by any Bruin.

Except stick contact on his skate, then finishing his check.

Mike is almost always right. People just don't like to hear the truth from an outsider. Inside the family, of course, we can bash them 10x worse than Mike does.

Edited by PASabreFan

Except stick contact on his skate, then finishing his check.

Mike is almost always right. People just don't like to hear the truth from an outsider. Inside the family, of course, we can bash them 10x worse than Mike does.

He barely touched him!

I have no problems w/ Harrington btw.  

I think it's fair to say that Harrington is often right when criticizing the on-ice results -- but literally anyone with eyes could do that.

I also think he adds essentially zero value in terms of hockey analysis or knowledge of NHL dynamics or behind-the-scenes machinations at the Sabres.

I just don't think what he calls for is the NHL in 2018. I'm all for violence and bloodshed, I just don't think the league is comprised of players who facilitate it.

I don't know why we're continually surprised that Harrington has takes that only pertain to previous versions of the NHL

The Sabres have no spine and don’t stand up for each other

O’Reilly and Eichel hate each other.

Housley is a purse packer and a snowflake stroker.

Lehner is the worst goalie in the NHL

The Pegulas meddle too much

The NHL hates Buffalo and rigged the lottery

Whatever floats your boat.

For me, it’s “we don’t have enough good players”

Edited by Mick O’Manly

The Sabres have no spine and don’t stand up for each other

O’Reilly and Eichel hate each other.

Housley is a purse packer and a snowflake stroker.

Lehner is the worst goalie in the NHL

The Pegulas meddle too much

The NHL hates Buffalo and rigged the lottery

Whatever floats your boat.

For me, it’s “we don’t have enough good players”

It's so simple it might actually work

I think it's fair to say that Harrington is often right when criticizing the on-ice results -- but literally anyone with eyes could do that.

I also think he adds essentially zero value in terms of hockey analysis or knowledge of NHL dynamics or behind-the-scenes machinations at the Sabres.

This.

The Sabres should never get a guy who has a brother in the NHL again; they invariably get the worse one.

See:

Gretzky

Primeau

Rolston

Niedermayer

Foligno

Nylander

It's not as if it has been an either or scenario. We could drafted that Wayne guy but Keith was there so we took him instead.

The Sabres should never get a guy who has a brother in the NHL again; they invariably get the worse one.

See:

Gretzky

Primeau

Rolston

Niedermayer

Foligno

Nylander

I've often thought the same thing, but we have the best Reinhart, had the best Seiling, Drury, Gionta, Miller, Playfair, (we had both O'Reillys, Sauves & Patricks),  We did have the worse Dryden

As to the topic, I think I'd like to see a more unified team and sticking up for one another is a good sign that they have each other's backs which is obvious that they don't.  

As to the hit, he had his stick in the skate and landed on top of Jack.  This came after his dirty hit on Reinchuk

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Haha, I knew I remembered somebody mentioning it before.

To the rest, as with all of my posts, please do not take my previous one very seriously.

EDIT: I even commented on that post. So I definitely stole it from you.

Edited by sabelvilhelm

Haha, I knew I remembered somebody mentioning it before.

To the rest, as with all of my posts, please do not take my previous one very seriously.

EDIT: I even commented on that post. So I definitely stole it from you.

I think I may have "stolen" it from someone else, actually; IIRC someone commented in that thread that there already had been one.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.