Harrington is right! - Really

GASabresIUFAN

I tried the google machine but it didn't help. I even tried clapping it on and off.

What's the confusion here? I thought it was pretty clear cut. If the Sharks win the Cup this year or re-sign Kane after the season, the pick becomes a first rounder.

The confusion is whether the pick is lottery protected, and if so, is it only protected should the Snarks w/ a top 3 pick? Assumption being that the pick slides back 1 season if SJ makes use of the lottery protection.

The confusion is whether the pick is lottery protected, and if so, is it only protected should the Snarks w/ a top 3 pick? Assumption being that the pick slides back 1 season if SJ makes use of the lottery protection.

34dadb7ef616c7239677d6cf40914106--mind-b

Seriously, what if you called the Sabres office and asked for Botterill or one of his henchmen? If you could get someone on the blower, they'd probably tell you. It's not a state secret.

34dadb7ef616c7239677d6cf40914106--mind-bSeriously, what if you called the Sabres office and asked for Botterill or one of his henchmen? If you could get someone on the blower, they'd probably tell you. It's not a state secret.

I might call them about a different issue, but that one isn't worth the quarter. ;)

I suspect he found the thread by Googling/searching for his (last) name.

I’d thought for a while that he was a solid guy, but have come to conclude that he’s a self-serious, self-important capital J sports journo out of print media central casting.

You just have to swap out Springsteen for The Replacements.

I wrote him off completely when he joined Harrington in dragging that blogger guy for his Lehner report.

me, too. that guy's an ass.

and all he does is work as Russ Brandon's mouthpiece.

it's outrageous all the things he gets correct. i mean, the nerve of the guy challenging an erroneous report and calling it out for being fake.

how dare he do journalism.

terrible. just terrible.

jw

Edited by john wawrow

i love this narrative that it's Russ. it has to be Russ, right? how could  it not be.

and if some fans can't get this right, why would i ever expect these same few fans to get much of anything right.

keep throwing that spaghetti at the wall and see if it sticks

good lord. give it up.

jw

it's outrageous all the things he gets correct. i mean, the nerve of the guy challenging an erroneous report and calling out for being fake.

terrible. just terrible.

jw

John, do you honestly not know who your audience is? Wild speculation and narratives is kinda what we do here. It is an internet messege board after all. You could have just been a grown up and set the poster straight on what actually happened, instead of getting all butt hurt and drunk dialing late night.

it's outrageous all the things he gets correct. i mean, the nerve of the guy challenging an erroneous report and calling out for being fake.

terrible. just terrible.

jw

What's your take on the Pegula organization touting the whole "man of faith" mantra recently? Pegula mentioned it when he hired McDermott and that guy (McDermott) seems to pimp his faith every chance he gets in press conferences. When Taylor got benched for Peterman they seemed to pump up what a man of faith he was before his train wreck of a first game and AJ McCarron is covered in religious tats. Do you get the sense that faith plays a significant role in the decision making process with the Bills and/or Sabres?

Are any of the quarterback's expected to be drafted in the 1st round this year particularly Jesusy? At this point I expect them to draft the most religious one but I don't do social media (other than team message boards) so I don't have the patience/desire to figure out how to e-stalk these guys on twitter/facebook/Instagram or whatever to try to figure it out.

Edited by Alkoholist

What's your take on the Pegula organization touting the whole "man of faith" mantra recently? Pegula mentioned it when he hired McDermott and that guy (McDermott) seems to pimp his faith every chance he gets in press conferences. When Taylor got benched for Peterman they seemed to pump up what a man of faith he was before his train wreck of a first game and AJ McCarron is covered in religious tats. Do you get the sense that faith plays a significant role in the decision making process with the Bills and/or Sabres?

Are any of the quarterback's expected to be drafted in the 1st round this year particularly Jesusy? At this point I expect them to draft the most religious one but I don't do social media (other than team message boards) so I don't have the patience/desire to figure out how to e-stalk these guys on twitter/facebook/Instagram or whatever to try to figure it out.

I will say the 1st part is a legitimate question, even as myself being a man of faith I would have to question the Pegulas if this was the basis for their decision making in terms of winning football games.

John, do you honestly not know who your audience is? Wild speculation and narratives is kinda what we do here. It is an internet messege board after all. You could have just been a grown up and set the poster straight on what actually happened, instead of getting all butt hurt and drunk dialing late night.

i did that for the benefit of my audience, i thought.

jw

Not sure.

Faith is something i deal with involving a lot of athletes and coaches. I do know the Pegulas are deeply religious, though they don't often discuss it.

Some people wear it on their sleeves (or get tatted up), and others don't.

I prefer to keep what I believe in private for the most part.

I wouldn't think religion will or should play any more of a significant factor in determining what player to sign/draft or coach to hire than what a person's favorite band might be. And I don't mean that to be a knock against religion at all.

What I'm attempting to say is people of the same religion have something they can share in common and discuss, no different than if you might like The Replacements.

All that said, no matter what you believe in, arm strength, accuracy and leadership qualities should be first and foremost on how a quarterback is judged.

Can't recall the last time I've had a chat with Terry or Kim and religion has come up. Same goes with Beane and Botterill. And I have no problem when others mention it. In fact, I noted UB women's coach Felisha Legette-Jack's faith in a piece i wrote last week about her.

I've dealt with religion less so on the NHL front. Can't really remember the last time it has come up in conversation.

Not sure if any of this answers your question. Those are simply my observations on the subject.

jw

Edited by john wawrow

i did that for the benefit of my audience, i thought.

jw

Not sure.

Faith is something i deal with involving a lot of athletes and coaches. I do know the Pegulas are deeply religious, though they don't often discuss it.

Some people wear it on their sleeves (or get tatted up), and others don't.

I prefer to keep what I believe in private for the most part.

I wouldn't think religion will or should play any more of a significant factor in determining what player to sign/draft or coach to hire than what a person's favorite band might be. And I don't mean that to be a knock against religion at all.

What I'm attempting to say is people of the same religion have something they can share in common and discuss, no different than if you might like The Replacements.

All that said, no matter what you believe in, arm strength, accuracy and leadership qualities should be first and foremost on how a quarterback is judged.

Can't recall the last time I've had a chat with Terry or Kim and religion has come up. Same goes with Beane and Botterill. And I have no problem when others mention it. In fact, I noted UB women's coach Felisha Legette-Jack's faith in a piece i wrote last week about her.

I've dealt with religion less so on the NHL front. Can't really remember the last time it has come up in conversation.

Not sure if any of this answers your question. Those are simply my observations on the subject.

jw

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I appreciate the insight.

I think the issue will be settled once and for all when Beane completes the trade up to nab the conceited California liberal atheist, The Chosen Rosen.

(Beane please for the love of god do this)

Yep. I'm interested in seeing who they believe should be the new face of their franchise and how they'll sell the fans on him.

it's outrageous all the things he gets correct. i mean, the nerve of the guy challenging an erroneous report and calling it out for being fake.

terrible. just terrible.

jw

You’re a sad fella. Or, at least, you come off as one.

No one cares John. 

Not to mention it's really not true. 90% of the posters on here have posted very personal details of their lives, including pictures, relationships, careers, and families. 

Edited by Jokertecken

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.