Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

John Wawrow mentioned something similar on Twitter, that the goal may be a combo of a new convention center and a stadium. That would possibly increase state funding for the project.

The ROI on that investment looks much better. If I'm someone who doesn't like tax dollars going to sports stadiums then at least there's more than a stadium coming out of it all.

I didn't even know there was one in East Amherst.  The tacos are good and I don't feel like I'm supporting the alt-right when I'm there.

Just planting the first seed in the orchard of public funding requests.

Transit Road, I think. And I agree: I don't *not* go there, full stop, because the owner went a bit bonkers on Twitter and RT'd some weird Info Wars type s h1t. But I may go there a little less frequently as a result.

Good call on KP's remarks.

And a good metaphor, too.

Having been exposed to the whole industry trade show/ convention center thing in a pretty big way this year, I don’t see Buffalo being able to justify the convnetion center needed to make this work. As Eleven mentions, the metro Buffalo area does not have the hotel space to attract meaningful conventions.

I don't think I want to foot the bill for something like Atlanta or that Dallas monstrosity. 

Totally unnecessary.  We can have something smaller and more modest.  We don't get the conventions or college football games that those cities get.  (And again, we don't have the hotel space to attract that stuff.)

Totally unnecessary.  We can have something smaller and more modest.  We don't get the conventions or college football games that those cities get.  (And again, we don't have the hotel space to attract that stuff.)

Pretty sure the NFL is mandating newer stadiums have those new features

What new features are mandated?

I know PSL's was a big thing Kim kept mentioning as a thing the new stadium will bring. Outside of that? I'd imagine just technology and other stadium standards that just make the prices so high. (i.e. I don't think you can get away with not haveing an Atlanta, Minnesota, Dallas, or LA style stadium anymore).

Psl?

Personal Seat License: You have to pay a fee to retain season ticket seats (Atlanta's was anywhere from 500-5500 per seat https://www.ajc.com/sports/football/falcons-plan-more-psl-prices-from-500-500/ZYaoaC9cD46noxAoVj88VM/).That fee is just the right to buy them. After paying the fee, you have to then actually buy the seats

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.