Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

Ex Bill Ross Tucker weighs in:

https://twitter.com/RossTuckerNFL/status/996019940841881601?s=19

The responses with all the trust the process stuff is humorous. It appears fans think that the Bills will just be "coached up" to be good. Yikes.

Even if Allen blossoms, they Bills are almost locks for double digit losses.

True. But in fairness, they looked to be locks for 10+ L's last year as well.

Gut feel here is 6-10. (Reserve the tight to revise that in late August. ;))

Ex Bill Ross Tucker weighs in:

https://twitter.com/RossTuckerNFL/status/996019940841881601?s=19

The responses with all the trust the process stuff is humorous. It appears fans think that the Bills will just be "coached up" to be good. Yikes.

Even if Allen blossoms, they Bills are almost locks for double digit losses.

It's almost like they have no offense. 

Yeah, but we really didn't have an offense last year either. We had no passing game. So it's just kind of more of the same. ;)

WGR used the term 'QB Production' to describe how there may not be much better production this year as opposed to last even though it will look different. Last season was about controlling the football and making plays when needed. This season Will look like more traditional QB play with yards, TDs and turnovers all going up. So we might not get a net gain, for at least this coming season with McCarron or Allen vs Tyrod.

Edited by inkman

WGR used the term 'QB Production' to describe how there may not be much better production this year as opposed to last even though it will look different. Last season was about controlling the football and making plays when needed. This season Will look like more traditional QB play with yards, TDs and turnovers all going up. So we might not get a net gain, for at least this coming season with McCarron or Allen vs Tyrod.

I think most fans are okay with the transitional year in order to (hopefully) be better in the future. The O-line transition is a tough one to figure out. On the face of it, it'd appear that we lost some major pieces up front. But, Wood was pretty average and our best guy (Incognito) was getting old and needed to be replaced soon anyway. So??? Who knows.

I think most fans are okay with the transitional year in order to (hopefully) be better in the future. The O-line transition is a tough one to figure out. On the face of it, it'd appear that we lost some major pieces up front. But, Wood was pretty average and our best guy (Incognito) was getting old and needed to be replaced soon anyway. So??? Who knows.

Whatever someone who harps about OL play is, I'm the opposite of that. As long as you don't have 5 sieves lined up, you can generally put together some semblance of fat dudes that can tie up the other teams fats dudes for a few seconds. It matters but it's not the be all end all that many make it out to be.

Eric Wood was AVERAGE?! Let me guess your thoughts on Ryan Miller...

TBN with a profile on the 2018 5th rounder - Siran Neal.

Some choice quotes from the college coach:

“He knows where the backers fit, he knows where the safety fits. He knows what everybody's role is. He's got a whole-picture mentality when it comes to defense. His football IQ is really, really high and I think that's going to help him in the NFL.”

“Just real humble, I think, is a good word to describe him,” Grass said. “He's a chill guy. He's not a lot of talk. He's about work. He's very serious about what he handles, anything he sets out to do. He's a good dad. He's got two beautiful twins, so his character is very, very high. He does things the right way for the right reasons, so you just love to see that.”

As I've stated upthread, I don't know whether Beane's and McDermott's vision will work -- but they are pretty clearly and consistently building the sort of organization that they want.

The Bills took Matt Milano in the 5th round last year, and that seemed to work out for them.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Can someone explain how that whole saga unfolded? Right now I see

-Richie retires in a long ranting post about his health 

- Says it was a joke

-...retirement was legit? no? maybe?

- and now wants to play again, and the Bills are "cutting" him to do so?

what did I miss?

The start was 3/15 when the team and Richie restructured his contract. Fired his agent 4/5/2018.  Retired 4/10/2018.

Edited by Lanny

I don't know what the NFL thinks it's doing with this anthem stuff, but it's effing weird. 

Kneeling during the anthem invites political discussion. Political discussion tends to alienate half the viewers (depending on who is talking). That's bad for business. They'd rather hide dissenting opinion rather than lose money.

I don't know what the NFL thinks it's doing with this anthem stuff, but it's effing weird. 

Kneeling during the anthem invites political discussion. Political discussion tends to alienate half the viewers (depending on who is talking). That's bad for business. They'd rather hide dissenting opinion rather than lose money.

It's a smart move by the NFL

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.