Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

If the NFL didn't really want to be political, then the military wouldn't be there. 

They don't mind being political when it helps them make money. They just don't want it to cost them money. All the controversy and discourse along with the President weighing in hurt them with ratings and advertisers. They had no issue taking the military's money for years though.

The military shouldn't be sponsoring anything.

They have to get the next crop of 18 year olds to sign up and fight the next boogeyman somehow. Still they shouldn't have to pay or it. If an organization wants to flout its patriotism they should allow them to advertise free of charge and if they charge them to do it, they shouldn't be able to flaunt what patriots they are.

Edited by Alkoholist

For all the "everyone hates the NFL now" I've heard over the past year because of anthem things, I believe that NFL games were the 6 most-watched events on televisions in America this year, and 10 of the top 20. 

I'm always worried that I'll get lumped in with those who have turned on the NFL due to whole anthem thing even though  I soured on it a few years before that.  The whole process of assembling a team is still interesting to me, but I can't really be bothered to watch most games anymore.

I'm always worried that I'll get lumped in with those who have turned on the NFL due to whole anthem thing even though  I soured on it a few years before that.  The whole process of assembling a team is still interesting to me, but I can't really be bothered to watch most games anymore.

Completely understandable for a guy who has likely seen a much more interesting league with a much more relevant Bills team. Apologies if that paints you older than you actually are. My interest is actually at an all-time high because it's the first time in my fanhood the Bills made me happy more than completely miserable throughout the course of a season.

Completely understandable for a guy who has likely seen a much more interesting league with a much more relevant Bills team. Apologies if that paints you older than you actually are. My interest is actually at an all-time high because it's the first time in my fanhood the Bills made me happy more than completely miserable throughout the course of a season.

No, you've got it just about right there with the time frame.  Souring on the league as a whole also goes a long way towards not getting miserable because of how the season goes.  I still want them to win, it was incredibly fun watching that Bengals TD on New Years, but it will never ruin any day for me.

So there's my advice to everyone... stop caring.  It's very easy to do, right? :P

One last thing... 

Oh look the NFLPA isn't happy about the league taking away RIGHTS of players. Guess this isn't over yet.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2777517-nflpas-george-atallah-wed-fight-proposed-anthem-policy-change-to-the-end?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Clearly within the CBA. They have no case.

One last thing...

Oh look the NFLPA isn't happy about the league taking away RIGHTS of players. Guess this isn't over yet.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2777517-nflpas-george-atallah-wed-fight-proposed-anthem-policy-change-to-the-end?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

If the PA really wants to fight back they'll just organize and have one player on each team kneel, offsetting the penalties.

I'm so happy he's gone.

If the PA really wants to fight back they'll just organize and have one player on each team kneel, offsetting the penalties.

I'm so happy he's gone.

It's fines, not 15-yard penalties.

I still think it's weird that the US and Canada sing national anthems before domestic competitions.  I've said it many times before with more detail.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.