The Seatle Kraken ?

Huckleberry

As a Seattleite, I'm liking the 'Quatch and the Kraken to start. Amazons would be good for a women's team if Amazon were join the owner group. I wouldn't go with Seals (Oakland), Sea Lions, or Eagles (nothing that sounds seahawky). But the Thunderbirds is the WHL team and I'm happy to commandeer Cool Bird as the mascot/logo, plus they've already got the Seattle color scheme. Rainiers is the Tacoma AAA baseball team, so I'd avoid that one. Totems would be good -- but logos could get tricky.

The orca has been taken by the Canucks as a thing, otherwise Whales or Orcas would be solid. The Grunge, the Plaids, the Hipsters, the Mist, the Drizzle. And I hope for Geoducks to make the public list, just because of the mascot possibilities. Another sleeper will be the winners of the 1917 Stanley Cup, the Metropolitans --- although they'd badly need updates to the jersey and colors. It'd be a nice 3rd jersey for the first couple seasons.

Forgot about the Metros. That would be an excellent choice. Your mascot could be "Gooey Louey the Geoduck" but he would look too much like a schwanz. Edited by PromoTheRobot

I don't hate Evergreens but there better be a giant joint in the logo. 

Seattle Cascadia Events? 

Seattle Seasonal Depressions

The Seattle Sog

Seattle Sounds, or in that vein, The Seattle Shilshole! (it's a bay, but what fun!)

You could definitely do something lumberjack related too. Seattle Skid Rows! 

Seattle Shredders- get that stoner snowboard/ski culture 

but yeah, Kraken's ok I guess. I'll never not make GoT Greyjoy testicle jokes if they're bad, though. 

I don't hate Evergreens but there better be a giant joint in the logo. 

Seattle Cascadia Events? 

Seattle Seasonal Depressions

The Seattle Sog

Seattle Sounds, or in that vein, The Seattle Shilshole! (it's a bay, but what fun!)

You could definitely do something lumberjack related too. Seattle Skid Rows! 

Seattle Shredders- get that stoner snowboard/ski culture 

but yeah, Kraken's ok I guess. I'll never not make GoT Greyjoy testicle jokes if they're bad, though. 

Seattle Sounders is actually their MLS team's name. which is pretty great.

Seattle Sounders is actually their MLS team's name. which is pretty great.

Ah. oops! 

I guess my issue with Kraken is, when I think of krakens, warm Caribbean waters and dark rum come to mind. Not the PNW. Maybe there's a chillier kraken, or some terrifying icy megashark- like those prehistoric sharks in Greenland that live for 500+ years if left to their own devices. 

Could be neat though. Seattle Squid doesn't have the same ring to it, nah  

Uninteresting story. Every city I've ever lived in gets more avg rainfall than Seattle.

As my 1st year roommate said to me (he was from Seattle): "It only rains once in Seattle -- from November to May."

I've lived several places -- including in the Puget Sound area. Some of those other places may have received more total annual rainfall than the PAC NW, but none of them were as characterized by the rain as the areas in and around Seattle and Portland. It's the persistence of the rain, not the overall total amount.

As my 1st year roommate said to me (he was from Seattle): "It only rains once in Seattle -- from November to May."

I've lived several places -- including in the Puget Sound area. Some of those other places may have received more total annual rainfall than the PAC NW, but none of them were as characterized by the rain as the areas in and around Seattle and Portland. It's the persistence of the rain, not the overall total amount.

I'd be suicidal. There's no way I can handle that much dreary-ness.

Yes- I have several friends there- they say it's drizzle, not downpour. A fine grey mist that permeates your very being. Like living in the produce shelves of a supermarket, but instead of simply misting water, it's a cocktail of apathy, delirium and exhaustion. 

That said, I'd still love to visit someday. The 71 sunny days a year are probably wonderful. I'd rent a kayak and go on a orca spotting tour. 

Yes- I have several friends there- they say it's drizzle, not downpour. A fine grey mist that permeates your very being. Like living in the produce shelves of a supermarket, but instead of simply misting water, it's a cocktail of apathy, delirium and exhaustion. 

That said, I'd still love to visit someday. The 71 sunny days a year are probably wonderful. I'd rent a kayak and go on a orca spotting tour. 

MrsPie spend nearly a decade in the PNW (Portland and Ashville, OR, mostly) and loves it there. I've never been. I did just look, Buffalo gets 93 days of precipitation per year, Asheville 114, and Seattle 152. I'd certainly give it a shot for vacation someday soon.

"Grand soft," as the Celts might have said.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/3d613975-dd7b-49a0-a64a-c890a501e1bf

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.