The Seatle Kraken ?

Huckleberry

As a Seattleite, I'm liking the 'Quatch and the Kraken to start. Amazons would be good for a women's team if Amazon were join the owner group. I wouldn't go with Seals (Oakland), Sea Lions, or Eagles (nothing that sounds seahawky). But the Thunderbirds is the WHL team and I'm happy to commandeer Cool Bird as the mascot/logo, plus they've already got the Seattle color scheme. Rainiers is the Tacoma AAA baseball team, so I'd avoid that one. Totems would be good -- but logos could get tricky.

The orca has been taken by the Canucks as a thing, otherwise Whales or Orcas would be solid. The Grunge, the Plaids, the Hipsters, the Mist, the Drizzle. And I hope for Geoducks to make the public list, just because of the mascot possibilities. Another sleeper will be the winners of the 1917 Stanley Cup, the Metropolitans --- although they'd badly need updates to the jersey and colors. It'd be a nice 3rd jersey for the first couple seasons.

As a Seattleite, I'm liking the 'Quatch and the Kraken to start. Amazons would be good for a women's team if Amazon were join the owner group. I wouldn't go with Seals (Oakland), Sea Lions, or Eagles (nothing that sounds seahawky). But the Thunderbirds is the WHL team and I'm happy to commandeer Cool Bird as the mascot/logo, plus they've already got the Seattle color scheme. Rainiers is the Tacoma AAA baseball team, so I'd avoid that one. Totems would be good -- but logos could get tricky.

The orca has been taken by the Canucks as a thing, otherwise Whales or Orcas would be solid. The Grunge, the Plaids, the Hipsters, the Mist, the Drizzle. And I hope for Geoducks to make the public list, just because of the mascot possibilities. Another sleeper will be the winners of the 1917 Stanley Cup, the Metropolitans --- although they'd badly need updates to the jersey and colors. It'd be a nice 3rd jersey for the first couple seasons.

Not even the NHL is stupid enough to step into that morass.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.