The Seatle Kraken ?

Huckleberry

I don't hate Evergreens but there better be a giant joint in the logo.

Seattle Cascadia Events?

Seattle Seasonal Depressions

The Seattle Sog

Seattle Sounds, or in that vein, The Seattle Shilshole! (it's a bay, but what fun!)

You could definitely do something lumberjack related too. Seattle Skid Rows!

Seattle Shredders- get that stoner snowboard/ski culture

but yeah, Kraken's ok I guess. I'll never not make GoT Greyjoy testicle jokes if they're bad, though.

I hadn't even thought about that! Even better!

Lovingly calls their players the space needles. 

They can rename KeyArena the Methadome.

As my then-housemate and I used to say when they built another antenna-topped cylindrical building...  Seattle needs more needles. All the syringe-shaped buildings in the world, unite!

And yes, it's the persistent gloom and darkness that gets to you in the winter. Then there will be that one day every couple weeks where Rainier is out and the Olympics and Cascades are glowing with snow, and it's all good.

That, and last summer there was a 90-day stretch without rain... which actually, we could've used the rain badly then. It sort of balances out.

If the NHL expands into Seattle after next season and using the same rules as for LV, who is on our protected list right now?

F: Jack, Sam, KO, ROR, Nylander? (3 years pro experience eventhough still on ELC), CJ Smith? Any of Fasching, Baptiste or Bailey?

D: Risto, Scandella. Anyone else?

G: Ullmark

Exempt: Pu, Mittelstadt, and Guhle, plus anyone prospect we sign this off-season.

Expose: Bogo!

They should change the rules.  Everyone on ELC is exempt, none of this 2 year pro bs. 

Good luck with that. Vegas paid $500 million for privilege of the rules as they were set. Seattle is paying $650 million so I'd bet my bottom dollar the rules will either be the same or even more favorable to them.

• 1 month later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.