So who's the locker room problem on this team?

Ho-Chi-Sock

The poster who was quoted about kicking the owners a.. Well buy the team then we can all have the satisfaction of kicking yours. Are they the most sports astute owners? Probably not and they are relatively new at it. I'm glad to finally have owners with financial resources and also believe really care. I may be in minority but Terry and Kim I'm glad your here. Sometimes I wish you were more visible though.

Terry and his wife are hockey poison.

I'm going to respectfully disagree.

One of the National Writers, tweeted out after the Pegulas bought the Beauts, that even though the Sabres have not had recent success, what Terry and Kim have done for all levels of hockey from High School to the Pros is truly remarkable.

I'm going to respectfully disagree.

One of the National Writers, tweeted out after the Pegulas bought the Beauts, that even though the Sabres have not had recent success, what Terry and Kim have done for all levels of hockey from High School to the Pros is truly remarkable.

What have they done for professional hockey? I'm not being snarky. I can't think of anything they've done except buy a team and not have any success with it. PSU, HarborCenter, Academy of Hockey... sure. I was never sure why Sabre fans were supposed to care about those two rinks over there.

I think if your team is good it can handle locker room problems, but if your team is ###### then it's something that needs to get straightened out along with a talent influx. The guys need to believe in and trust each other at least at the beginning of the construction of a winning franchise

I just think if there's a big talent influx, any other issues that may or may not exist will take care of themselves.

I just think if there's a big talent influx, any other issues that may or may not exist will take care of themselves.

They usually do. But the talent has to fit a purpose or identity, and I think that has yet tbd.

I think if your team is good it can handle locker room problems, but if your team is ###### then it's something that needs to get straightened out along with a talent influx. The guys need to believe in and trust each other at least at the beginning of the construction of a winning franchise

I agree, to a point.  Edmonton is an obvious example of a talent influx which has not translated into a winning club.  

I said this on another thread but the Kane - Faulk kerfuffle was really interesting.  Faulk called him out big time.  The team responded by beating CBus the following night.  I have been a part of team process conversations, in my line of work, where an individual was called out for having a negative attitude and have seen the larger group respond by functioning better.  Here's the thing - even if Kane is the biggest problem, which I assume he is, there remains a laundry list of other issues.  

It seems like, after yesterday's drubbing, that we have entered the trade deadline, where am I going phase of the season.  I doubt we can expect to see any improvement until after the trade dust has settled.  Even then, improvement will probably not be measurable in more victories.  Botterill has his work cut out for him.

I agree, to a point.  Edmonton is an obvious example of a talent influx which has not translated into a winning club.  

Botterill has his work cut out for him.

As to the first part, yes Edmonton drafted forwards upon forwards and they had no defense to begin with and that went wrong.

As, to the second, indeed he does, but I have to imagine he's explained that to TPegs and we go on from here...

What have they done for professional hockey? I'm not being snarky. I can't think of anything they've done except buy a team and not have any success with it. PSU, HarborCenter, Academy of Hockey... sure. I was never sure why Sabre fans were supposed to care about those two rinks over there.

That's all you can think of that they've done?  You know better.  Nice try at attempting to bait someone into answering so you could be snarky.

I said this on another thread but the Kane - Faulk kerfuffle was really interesting.  Faulk called him out big time.  The team responded by beating CBus the following night.  I have been a part of team process conversations, in my line of work, where an individual was called out for having a negative attitude and have seen the larger group respond by functioning better.  Here's the thing - even if Kane is the biggest problem, which I assume he is, there remains a laundry list of other issues.  

It seems like, after yesterday's drubbing, that we have entered the trade deadline, where am I going phase of the season.  I doubt we can expect to see any improvement until after the trade dust has settled.  Even then, improvement will probably not be measurable in more victories.  Botterill has his work cut out for him.

I mean, Edmonton did get to the second round last year. They're a mess this season, but there are some pretty obvious explanations for that other than nebulous concepts.

The revamping of the NHL Combine. Rather than having prospects wander over multiple floors in a hotel trying to find the various teams, 30 Teams are now set up on The Suite Level with the Sabres holding interviews in their offices. The medical portion is done at Buffalo General Hospital in The privacy separate rooms. The fitness testing is done on the floor of one of the Harbor Center Rinks, which allows the strength and conditioning coaches to sit in the stands and observe rather than jamming every one into a conference room in a hotel. By most accounts the NHL and its teams love the set up

That's all you can think of that they've done? You know better. Nice try at attempting to bait someone into answering so you could be snarky.

No worries. Saying something positive about the Pegulas elicits a Pavlovian Response in PA. His pupils constrict, his heart rate and blood pressure rise, he gets a dry mouth and he takes to his keyboard with vengeance. Edited by Brawndo

No worries. Saying something positive about the Pegulas elicits a Pavlovian Response in PA. His pupils constrict, his heart rate and blood pressure rise, he gets a dry mouth and he takes to his keyboard with vengeance.

It is funny the posters here who have the same response to PA's posts.  :angel:

It's obviously the fans, we can't even handle a terrible losing streak. Cmon guys, our leadership is coming under question. It's all on Swamp, PA, Brawndo, Flagg, eleven, Doohickie, and the rest of the followers, hell Dark can't save a post if it's the size of a beach ball, Lts couldn't coach the Olympic team.

It's our fault

Shame on you, grouping me in with the forum leadership.

The poster who was quoted about kicking the owners a.. Well buy the team then we can all have the satisfaction of kicking yours. Are they the most sports astute owners? Probably not and they are relatively new at it. I'm glad to finally have owners with financial resources and also believe really care. I may be in minority but Terry and Kim I'm glad your here. Sometimes I wish you were more visible though.

I was with you up to that last statement.

Hey Woody thx for not grouping me in with the followers.

This thread has gone off the rails. I have zero problem with the Pegulas. They seem to have the Bills on the right track, have greatly improved the City of Buffalo and its hockey culture (aka the combine, WJC, Harborcenter etc.,). The last thing is to get the Sabres straightened out and I believe Jbot will get this team into the playoffs soonish;1-2 more years. Jbot fixed Roch in a season. He inherited a mess from TM and despite a 40% change in the roster, almost none was to the big ticket core. That is coming soon and through the summer. We gave TM a chance, we owe Jbot one the same courtesy, but must acknowledge he has actually less initially to work with because of TM’s incompetence.

• 1 month later...

http://buffalonews.com/2018/03/02/inside-the-sabres-it-comes-down-to-a-matter-of-respect/

Too many Sabres either don't care or think they're in charge. Coach Phil Housley has a great knack for forecasting exactly what the opponent will do, and he explains it clearly in the morning. When the puck drops, the opponent follows the blueprint and the Sabres stand there and get run over.

The players don't listen or, even worse, don't feel they even have to listen. It's a major reason why the Sabres are bottom-feeders once again.

"Sometimes guys think they're playing hard, but they're not playing hard enough and they have to work," Housley said. "I think that's the bottom line for a lot of guys."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.