So who's the locker room problem on this team?

Ho-Chi-Sock

THE problem? No. But it's easy to make a case that Eichel could be A problem. He has a strong personality. He could easily rub some guys the wrong way. It's only a problem though with this group. With the next group, Eichel has to be the straw that stirs the drink.

Lack of leadership is the locker room cancer

Leadership is such a nebulous concept. It can manifest itself in so many different ways.

I think if you're looking for leadership you have to cast a critical eye towards the would-be followers too. What good is leadership if your followers are lazy or unmotivated?

We keep hearing about individual effort and players showing up ready to play. I think this points not to a lack of leadership so much as a lack of personal accountability among the rest. A team doesn't need a "leader" if everyone takes responsibility for themselves.

I've lead teams that didn't need a leader. You have a group of people who are motivated and committed and leadership becomes less important. It's so much fun being in charge of a group of people like that.

This team just very clearly lacks players who have that level of individual accountability. And I think some of the guys who do care the most are not talented enough to do everything on their own. Josh Gorges can't play 28 minutes a night. Kyle Okposo nearly died this summer and it took him half the season to get going again. ROR cares so much he makes himself crazy and he's too slow to carry the team. I think Pommers cares but he's probably washed up. Girgensons cares but has an AHL shot. Bogosian cares but he's on IR half the time. Kane cares but his style of play does just as much harm as good.

This team is a mess. One player, one coach, isn't going to fix it.

It's a theory I see floated quite a bit about why this team has been so piss poor these past couple of years, and it's not necessarily one I would disagree with. Just curious to see people's predictions/inside info about which players have been rotting this core.

Something just isn't right with Evander Kane, maybe it was just a fluke in Winnepeg but they seemed to have flourished once he was traded, maybe the same happens here.

Everybody is just super comfortable collecting their Pegulacoin, an easy going coach they see as a friend, top rate facilities, low expectations, everybody gets to play equal ice time, no problem. Why rock the boat?

Everybody is just super comfortable collecting their Pegulacoin, an easy going coach they see as a friend, top rate facilities, low expectations, everybody gets to play equal ice time, no problem. Why rock the boat?

I guess Pegula is Howard Hues

Edited by calti

I'm beginning to think that as well.  Could it be he expected to be made Captain and is pissed he didn't get the nod?  Seems kind of petty if this is the case.  He should have know this was Jack's team from the day Jack got drafted or from the day Jack got DD fired. 

I don't think it's that. Depressed people are a buzzkill. I can imagine him moping around, feeling sorry for himself, and just taking the air out of the room. Imagine teammates thinking- "man, we're getting outplayed tonight, and on top of that, I have to convince my center not to jump off a cliff afterwards..."

I don't think it's that. Depressed people are a buzzkill. I can imagine him moping around, feeling sorry for himself, and just taking the air out of the room. Imagine teammates thinking- "man, we're getting outplayed tonight, and on top of that, I have to convince my center not to jump off a cliff afterwards..."

What's he supposed to do ? Laugh it up in the locker room, tell a few off-color jokes and say "No worries boys, we'll get 'em next time" when he knows thats BS. Being depressed and disappointed are two different things. It's not the job of a 21-year-old to tell veterans to get off their and play harder. That's what Pominville, Gorges, ROR, Bogosian & others need to be doing. 

Most sane post I have seen in a recent while. Totally agree. I hear from other posters Phil scratches people from the lineup if not performing. Who does he scratch? I haven't noticed it. Weak coach, weak club, Time will tell that tale.

It's obviously the fans, we can't even handle a terrible losing streak. Cmon guys, our leadership is coming under question. It's all on Swamp, PA, Brawndo, Flagg, eleven, Doohickie, and the rest of the followers, hell Dark can't save a post if it's the size of a beach ball, Lts couldn't coach the Olympic team.

It's our fault

What's he supposed to do ? Laugh it up in the locker room, tell a few off-color jokes and say "No worries boys, we'll get 'em next time" when he knows thats BS. Being depressed and disappointed are two different things. It's not the job of a 21-year-old to tell veterans to get off their ###### and play harder. That's what Pominville, Gorges, ROR, Bogosian & others need to be doing. 

I was postulating that maybe ROR does, indeed, have depression

The locker room problem is literally the locker room. You have a $10 million locker room filled with 50 cent players. I wish I had just one chance to kick Terry and Kimmy in the a** with a big, wet boot. Just one. In fact I wish each Buffalo Sabres fan had a shot at it. Maybe we could then get some measure of satisfaction after all the mess and misery they have created.

Edited by Marvelo

The locker room problem is literally the locker room. You have a $10 million locker room filled with 50 cent players. I wish I had just one chance to kick Terry and Kimmy in the a** with a big, wet boot. Just one. In fact I wish each Buffalo Sabres fan had a shot at it. Maybe we could then get some measure of satisfaction after all the mess and misery they have created.

Yea! I mean they've helped to accelerate the dt buffalo revival and the Bills made the playoffs but that hockey team stinks so let's get our pitchforks! Terry was smart out enough to fire Murray after he found out how terrible things were. I'd like to give his next pick more than 7 months to fix that mess.

Yea! I mean they've helped to accelerate the dt buffalo revival and the Bills made the playoffs but that hockey team stinks so let's get our pitchforks! Terry was smart out enough to fire Murray after he found out how terrible things were. I'd like to give his next pick more than 7 months to fix that mess.

Terry and his wife are hockey poison.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.