The marriage of Roch and Buff

PASabreFan

The dream, the fantasy really, is that a new core, a championship core, is growing up and growing together in Rochester, not unlike Millsie, Roysie, Pommsie and Vanzie et al.

When they're all in Buffalo one day, who comprises the other side of the family that has to be melded together to make a team? Jack, of course. Rasmus.

How's that gonna go? Is the future captain an Amerk right now and does he take Jack aside and say, Listen, brah, that's not how we roll here?

I'm not suggesting there's no place for Eichel on a mythical future Sabres team, just that there's an interesting dynamic at play. The last time a core came up together, the co-captains and a few others were already here, and it worked perfectly — well, almost.

Just some food for thought.

I really think Jack Eichel is still our franchise player and the very heart of any core going forward - and very likely the future captain. I hope Botterill doesn’t let him languish for too long in Buffalo shambles while Rochester builds up the rest of Cap’s Team.

JBot is Nick Fury. Eichel is Capt America. Kane is Iron Man. ROR is Star Lord. Risto is Black Widow (he looks fem but has skills). All we need is a tough power forward with some upside (Hulk). A young, talented top six forward (Spider-Man). A real playmaker with vision (Hawkeye). Finally we need a top two Dman who can get gritty (Thor). SABRES ASSEMBLE!

PS: Sam is not our Hawkeye because he sucks.

Tim Murray is the Hydra infiltrator who screwed up the team building from within.

Edited by RambosKnife

Where were the Murray critics before the day he was fired?

posted in the 2014 NHL Draft Poll: Favorite/Least Favorite and Grade

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:44 AM

/snip

Tim Murray arrived in town with the second overall pick, 3 seconds, and the ability to take dead money from other teams, and left town farther away from Tampa in talent then he was before. I believe I am the first off the Tim Murray bus.

Sometimes people need to reflect and see the decisions out before they can accurately critique a gm. We as fans shouldn't be playing the "well I knew Murray sucked before you did!" card. We as fan should just be at the point of Murray sucked and we should be happy he is gone. He pissed assets out the window.  Lehner for Boeser. The entire second round of 2014. Trading everyone and their mom in the Kane Bogo deal, this deal may work is Kane is either re-signed or traded to reacquire assets. We gutted the system of talent and then under Murray's watch did not do enough to draft and develop talent. 

I am skeptical of Botterill at the moment because he hasn't pulled the trigger and this team needs to trade off some of these expiring deals. Getting nothing for Kane in a lost season would be criminal. 

There was a couple of us here.  Robviously and myself that I recall.  It was frustrating fighting that battle against the whole rest of the board, but it was actually a gift.  Between that and the state of the Sabres franchise, I haven't paid too much attention to the team.  That separation has allowed me to just appreciate the gallows humor that is this team from top to bottom, and not be invested enough for them to affect my life in any way. 

Kind of how I felt with the Bills drought.  When they get their in order, I'll be there rooting like hell for them.  Until then, they aren't worth my limited free time to care.  The Bills playoff game was the first NFL game I've watched in over 3 years.  Even then I couldn't get through the whole thing due to the team's performance, the modern NFL experience (commercials, officiating, etc.), and other obligations to attend to that day, but I was there in my long stored away Bills gear hoping for the best.

Switching to another team is not an option for me, but neither is trying to organize my life around teams that aren't worth the effort to do so.  So here I sit, waiting for them to pull me back in again while life goes on otherwise.

posted in the 2014 NHL Draft Poll: Favorite/Least Favorite and Grade

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:44 AM

/snip

Tim Murray arrived in town with the second overall pick, 3 seconds, and the ability to take dead money from other teams, and left town farther away from Tampa in talent then he was before. I believe I am the first off the Tim Murray bus.

Didnt like him when he said zero fs given... expressed back then thought he was an arroganr ass. Lehner trade I railed against. Thought Kane was a mistake though in retro probably wrong. Didnt like giving up McNabb either. Edited by Kottbullar

There may have been a couple, but there sure weren't many.  This board (self included) was definitely behind him.

I sometimes smirk at those who reference how smart we all are, but I do believe it to an extent. The lack of criticism on here tells me Murray wasn't fired for cause but for personality. He wasn't PSE material. How's that for some mental gymnastics?

I sometimes smirk at those who reference how smart we all are, but I do believe it to an extent. The lack of criticism on here tells me Murray wasn't fired for cause but for personality. He wasn't PSE material. How's that for some mental gymnastics?

I think this is true

I think this is true

I don't.  I think it was a case of XGMTM not meeting required metrics (i.e., year-on-year improvement).  As a business owner I can see TPegs setting and enforcing metrics.  The Sabres had fewer points at the end of last season than they did the one before = desired metrics not met = consequences.

Didnt like him when he said zero fs given... expressed back then thought he was an arroganr ass. Lehner trade I railed against. Thought Kane was a mistake though in retro probably wrong. Didnt like giving up McNabb either.

He never said that. That was Lgr4GM initially and the meme just spread like wildfire here on the board. He supposedly did call Mrs. Pegula a ###### (See You Next Tuesday) though so even if he didn't actually say the quote, he seemed to live by it. With nuts that big, I'm surprised he could even sit down without hurting himself.

Edited by Alkoholist

He never said that. That was Lgr4GM initially and the meme just spread like wildfire here on the board. He supposedly did call Mrs. Pegula a ###### (See You Next Tuesday) though so even if he didn't actually say the quote, he seemed to live by it. With nuts that big, I'm surprised he could even sit down without hurting himself.

Yea that was a meme based on his attitude. He never said he gave 0 fu^*s

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.