Worst Sabres Team Ever?

GASabresIUFAN

Worst Sabres Team Ever!  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Worst Sabres Team Ever?

• Yes
    • Probably
    • No, but most disappointing

The Sabres hit an all time low tonight by being shutout for the third straight time.

Sabres are 31st in GF and it’s not even close

Sabres are 29th in GA

Sabres are in 30th place in the NHL, tied for last in pts.

We thought the offical tank teams were awful, but this is the worst hockey I have ever seen.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

The Sabres hit an all time low tonight by being shutout for the third straight time.

Sabres are 31st in GF and it’s not even close

Sabres are 29th in GA

Sabres are in 30th place in the NHL, tied for last in pts.

We thought the offical tank teams were awful, but this is the worst hockey I have ever seen.

Not even a question sir! Absolutely an unwatchable product right now. I do think Phil needs to go, as players have had more then enough time now to try and play whatever his system was supposed to be. I do believe they can score as they did have the #1 PP last season and this is the same group. Under Phil's group, even that has disappeared.

No way They will get better under Philly's soft tutelage. No one is being sat. Half hearted effort is tolerated. These few intangibles are all on the coach as the team is a reflection of its teacher. Lets see who else is out there and if they're actually interested in the gig.

For the amount of talent they have on the team I'd say this one. They have NO VALID EXCUSE for being anywhere close to as bad as they are.

They've traded hard working guys with no talent for guys with talent who dont care about using it or not. And they have gotten progressively worse as they have done it...

Edited by matter2003

Great thread topic! 

I just finished watching the game on DVR, and came to this forum wanting to express my view that I think we have hit rock bottom....and then I found this thread.

I do think this is rock bottom.  This is much worse than the worst tanking team, b/c we aren't trying to lose, our franchise saving superstar, Jack Eichel, is healthy and playing, and we are supposed to be fairly good at this point, or lat least earning, or progressing.

I dislike Eichel more and more every day, not that all the blame falls to him of course...but seriously, the guy is tainted in my opinion. He has the talent to do something about this, at least when he is on the ice, and yet he is apparently quite happy to suck ass.

In his first few seasons, Zemgus showed ten times more heart, motivation, and leadership than Eichel has shown to date.

If Botterill wants to get drunk and do some wheeling and dealing GMTM style, put together a blockbuster and ship Eichel's ass out of here.  I won't miss him, nor are we guaranteed any sort of success with him.

This team is BROKEN.  It has no soul!  I don't know what it is or where it comes from or why, but it's BROKEN.

Worst team to watch because I'm not at all optimistic in this being fixed in the near future. Been watching them since they came into the league and this is the most down on them I've ever been. Not sure I'll see a playoff team until I'm done following them.

I read in the Buffalo News (I think it was Hamilton's article)  that he saw  Russ Brandon was having a little heart to heart talk with Eichel after the game last night.

WTF is that guy doing verbally coaching the players?   He knows very little about winning football teams, and he knows even less about hockey!   

So much for those who keep claiming he isn't involved in on-ice or on-field operations!    He's 'just a marketing guy'   yup, that's all he is. 

Eichel's performance so far this season has been horrendous - like 3rd line material horrendous.   He has only had 2 total SOGs in the past 2 games.     And his shot percentage is down to 8%.     It's now painfully understandable why Housley didn't play him in that one and only shoot out earlier this season.   The guy has all this flashy footwork and skating ability, but clearly poor shooting skills.   Not sure if that's something he can improve, but it doesn't bode well.  

Please, please, please.  Some day will all look back at this and laugh, and laugh, and laugh!

But not today.

Worst team to watch because I'm not at all optimistic in this being fixed in the near future. Been watching them since they came into the league and this is the most down on them I've ever been. Not sure I'll see a playoff team until I'm done following them.

Done following them as in... done done? Amigone done?

As to the question, I dunno. I cut my TV cord in late 2013 and only saw tank games on occasion when I could find them live on YouTube. (I listened to practically all of them and followed this board, of course.) My take was that as bad as the results were, effort and character weren't a big part of the problem. They were just built to lose. Someone please correct me if I'm off on that.

That makes this much more talented team worse than the tank teams, I think.

But not today.

Done following them as in... done done? Amigone done?As to the question, I dunno. I cut my TV cord in late 2013 and only saw tank games on occasion when I could find them live on YouTube. (I listened to practically all of them and followed this board, of course.) My take was that as bad as the results were, effort and character weren't a big part of the problem. They were just built to lose. Someone please correct me if I'm off on that.

That makes this much more talented team worse than the tank teams, I think.

You are correct. The tank teams were built to lose, but they actually tried most nights, despite not playing a “system” This team has significantly more talent and a “system” but somehow can’t win and plays with no heart.

While they could easily be classified as "the worst" by other measures, through 26 games in 2013-14, the Sabres were 5-20-1 for 11 points.

That team went on a 6-4-3 "run" after that, so this team will need to go 5-8-0 (or 4-7-2, etc) to not be passed.  Sounds easy enough, but that a notably higher (0.77 vs. 0.42) points per game average than they've had so far.

I read in the Buffalo News (I think it was Hamilton's article)  that he saw  Russ Brandon was having a little heart to heart talk with Eichel after the game last night.

WTF is that guy doing verbally coaching the players?   He knows very little about winning football teams, and he knows even less about hockey!   

So much for those who keep claiming he isn't involved in on-ice or on-field operations!    He's 'just a marketing guy'   yup, that's all he is. 

Eichel's performance so far this season has been horrendous - like 3rd line material horrendous.   He has only had 2 total SOGs in the past 2 games.     And his shot percentage is down to 8%.     It's now painfully understandable why Housley didn't play him in that one and only shoot out earlier this season.   The guy has all this flashy footwork and skating ability, but clearly poor shooting skills.   Not sure if that's something he can improve, but it doesn't bode well.  

Yeah that caught my eye to this morning and I also thought WTF is he doing anywhere near this team. shouldn't the coach or Jbot be teh ones talking to certain players. This belongs under PA's whats wrong with Dad thread, if uncle Russ is butting in his 2 cents saying things to just certain players whats that all about. Does jack have a direct pipeline to ownership, sure smells fishy. 

We keep hearing players talking about accountability but if management is coddling certain players I think this is not lost on the team. If your Stars paid the most are allowed to coast why should others paid less feel like they should do more. 

Yeah something is rotten and its at the core and that is definitely some core still there lurking in shadows...

I'm not sure about the worst team ever....at this point of the season they are probably close.

What I can say is they are the hardest Sabres team ever to watch...and give me the least to look forward to of any Sabres team ever.

To me, that is the WORST thing.  I'd rather watch a worse team where I had some hope for the future..but this...this is just painful, boring.....hopeless.

Yeah that caught my eye to this morning and I also thought WTF is he doing anywhere near this team. shouldn't the coach or Jbot be teh ones talking to certain players. This belongs under PA's whats wrong with Dad thread, if uncle Russ is butting in his 2 cents saying things to just certain players whats that all about. Does jack have a direct pipeline to ownership, sure smells fishy. 

We keep hearing players talking about accountability but if management is coddling certain players I think this is not lost on the team. If your Stars paid the most are allowed to coast why should others paid less feel like they should do more. 

Yeah something is rotten and its at the core and that is definitely some core still there lurking in shadows...

Larry Quinn 2.0?

Ok, statistically, you can make a case that...so far this year..this is the WORST Sabres team ever.

Even in the early 1970's in the first 2 years of the franchise....they got more 'points per game' than the current team (seasons had less games back then)

The worst 2 other years in the history of the Sabres were the tank years...13-14 and 14-15.

In 13-14, the team had 52 points and was a -91 in goal differential.

In 14-15, the team had 54 points and was a -113 in goal differential.

This year, the team is on pace for 50.5 points...(worst in franchise history) and is on pace to be a -107.

So yep, for what we have seen so far...this team is playing like the worst team in the 45+ year history of the franchise.

Ok, statistically, you can make a case that...so far this year..this is the WORST Sabres team ever.

Even in the early 1970's in the first 2 years of the franchise....they got more 'points per game' than the current team (seasons had less games back then)

The worst 2 other years in the history of the Sabres were the tank years...13-14 and 14-15.

In 13-14, the team had 52 points and was a -91 in goal differential.

In 14-15, the team had 54 points and was a -113 in goal differential.

This year, the team is on pace for 50.5 points...(worst in franchise history) and is on pace to be a -107.

So yep, for what we have seen so far...this team is playing like the worst team in the 45+ year history of the franchise.

Pace, shmace. I'll bet my checking account this team ends up better than the tank teams.

I'm not sure about the worst team ever....at this point of the season they are probably close.

What I can say is they are the hardest Sabres team ever to watch...and give me the least to look forward to of any Sabres team ever.

To me, that is the WORST thing.  I'd rather watch a worse team where I had some hope for the future..but this...this is just painful, boring.....hopeless.

Exactly how I feel.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.