Worst Sabres Team Ever?

GASabresIUFAN

Worst Sabres Team Ever!  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Worst Sabres Team Ever?

• Yes
    • Probably
    • No, but most disappointing

i have been a fan of the sabres since the early 90's when i first started to watch hockey. i love hockey so much, that on nights that the sabres dont play, i find a different game to watch, doesnt matter which team is playing. my cat sits on my fat belly and watches every game with me.

i had tickets to the flyers-sabres game in the box seats, and chose not to go. i made up every excuse why i couldnt go, i had an ear ache, i was tired, i didnt want to get home late. 

truth is, this team has gotten so lazy and uncaring that i didnt want to watch them. they get behind and give up most times. i havent ever seen anything like it. maybe it is just me, but it honestly seems like everyone on the team is waiting for someone else to do something. I dont care If the team stinks, if they give full effort every night

Whether this team is the worst or not, i cant say. I can say, it is the most unwatchable for me. 

Edited by fettmanlitenkappa

For the amount of talent they have on the team I'd say this one. They have NO VALID EXCUSE for being anywhere close to as bad as they are.

They've traded hard working guys with no talent for guys with talent who dont care about using it or not. And they have gotten progressively worse as they have done it...

You may want re-evaluate how much talent is on this team.

There's not nearly as much to work with as there was supposed to be.

The more this plays out, and admittedly with the benefit of hindsight, I realize just how badly GMTM screwed the pooch.

He had the GM position at one of the most critical times in franchise history, and he dropped the ball.

We are seeing the results now.

This team needs to be replaced with a new one; by the time we are good again, it will be mostly a new team.

The amount of heat GMTM is now taking is kinda comical. He brought in O'Reilly, Okposo, Kane, Bogo, Eichel and Reinhart. All of which save Kane, have under performed. These were either proven performers or super high draft picks that for whatever reason (me thinks regime change stunted everyone) has not lived up to their previous standards or pedigree.

The amount of heat GMTM is now taking is kinda comical. He brought in O'Reilly, Okposo, Kane, Bogo, Eichel and Reinhart. All of which save Kane, have under performed. These were either proven performers or super high draft picks that for whatever reason (me thinks regime change stunted everyone) has not lived up to their previous standards or pedigree.

Yep. He went from hero worship to sworn enemy in no time flat. In a few years future ex GM Jason Botterill will suffer the same fate. I'd be willing to bet his biggest supporters will ultimately be his biggest and loudest critics too. 

For the record, I still like Murray and his no-bs salty dog demeanor. He didn't get the job done, but given the position he came into, the deck was stacked against him given the state of the team when he took over and the length of time he was steering the ship.

Yep. He went from hero worship to sworn enemy in no time flat. In a few years future ex GM Jason Botterill will suffer the same fate. I'd be willing to bet his biggest supporters will ultimately be his biggest and loudest critics too. 

For the record, I still like Murray and his no-bs salty dog demeanor. He didn't get the job done, but given the position he came into, the deck was stacked against him given the state of the team when he took over and the length of time he was steering the ship.

And the true evaluation lies between, as we all know.  Frankly, I think he was above-average to good.

And the true evaluation lies between, as we all know. Frankly, I think he was above-average to good.

He was better than Darcy, and that's all that really mattered.

He was a bad GM when it came to communication/management. He wasn't in tune with what was going on with the players and coaches. That's what got him canned.

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely my most hated one. They've made me completely dismiss another entire season, and I've just become apathetic to them. The Sabres are literally ruining hockey for me

This is the first time since the first day of my first smart phone that I've turned score alerts off. I'm tired.

There is a tense problem with the verb thing in the second sentence.

Still have the draft and a new QB to get

This is the first time since the first day of my first smart phone that I've turned score alerts off. I'm tired.

Made the mistake of signing up for ESPN app. Now I get WGR, ESPN, and my buddy all telling me at once we suck

After last night, the Sabres are now back on a pace for a total of 55 points for the season, and to be a -103 in goal differential. And this isn't just a projection after 10 games, more than half the season is done so its looking kinda legit.

That puts them right there (within a point or two and a few goals) of the tank teams of a few years ago.

Definitely my most hated one. They've made me completely dismiss another entire season, and I've just become apathetic to them. The Sabres are literally ruining hockey for me

this was happening for me to. i jumped ship. i now follow the wild, but keep an eye on the sabres. I decided i will never go back to them full time though, win or lose. hockey is my favorite sport and i refuse to let a poorly managed, terribly played team ruin it for me. 

watching the wild introduced a whole new breath of life into hockey for me. win or lose, they play to win every night. its amazing to watch a team that gives a hoot.

Edited by fettmanlitenkappa

this was happening for me to. i jumped ship. i now follow the wild, but keep an eye on the sabres. I decided i will never go back to them full time though, win or lose. hockey is my favorite sport and i refuse to let a poorly managed, terribly played team ruin it for me. 

watching the wild introduced a whole new breath of life into hockey for me. win or lose, they play to win every night. its amazing to watch a team that gives a hoot.

Bold move jumping ship to the 2011 Sabres :D

I jumped ship to Chicago, and now they're in last place...jumped ship to FSU, and they lost Fisher and they're starting QB...we haven't seen the playoffs since I've joined this board....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.