Worst Sabres Team Ever?

GASabresIUFAN

Worst Sabres Team Ever!  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Worst Sabres Team Ever?

• Yes
    • Probably
    • No, but most disappointing

And now, after tonight's game, they're at a 49 point season pace.   Mind-blowing for the money spent on 'stars' and supposedly quality players in this roster!

What money is that? ROR? Okposo? Kane? Moulson? Bogosian? Pomminstein? Those are the highest paid players on the roster.

Pominville aside, who was to fill a gap,  those other guys you mentioned (you omitted Eichel at 80 million)  were signed to help build a winning team -  Just to pick one -  ROR has one of the juiciest contracts in the NHL,   and he's a huge disappointment this year. 

They weren't signed as stop gaps or to help the team tank -  they were hired to help win.  Obviously, results are hugely disappointing - hence, the mind-blowing part.   

The Sabres hit an all time low tonight by being shutout for the third straight time.

Sabres are 31st in GF and it’s not even close

Sabres are 29th in GA

Sabres are in 30th place in the NHL, tied for last in pts.

We thought the offical tank teams were awful, but this is the worst hockey I have ever seen.

I don’t even watch them anymore because it’s like throwing 2 and a half hours away of your life watching a god aweful effort. All my years watching this team I thought it was bad when they started the tank but after the picks and some free agents what’s going on this year is totally unacceptable.

I just can’t believe he handed Jack an 80 million dollar contract. He’s not worth that kind of money. Jason Botterill has got a total mess to fix

I don’t even watch them anymore because it’s like throwing 2 and a half hours away of your life watching a god aweful effort. All my years watching this team I thought it was bad when they started the tank but after the picks and some free agents what’s going on this year is totally unacceptable.I just can’t believe he handed Jack an 80 million dollar contract. He’s not worth that kind of money. Jason Botterill has got a total mess to fix

I’ve been a fan since1970 too, I remember Tracey Pratt, jim Watson, Steve Atkinson. I stopped watching. The tank job was a joke.

I can only go from the mid-80’s teams up until today. The team has always been watchable. I pride myself in saying that I’ve only missed a handful of games since ‘96.

The tank teams were tough to watch, but at least they had players that were trying despite a lack of talent.

This is the first season where I’ve found myself not able to fully pay attention to the games. Last night, washing my dishes was more entertaining than watching the end of the 1st. Once I noticed the score was 2-0, I never went back to watching the game. There’s simply other things that I’d rather do than waste 2-3 hours watching this team. It’s sad to hear myself say that. For many years, Sabres games are something I’ve always looked forward to, and missed dearly in the summer months.

Edited by Andrew Amerk

No question. WORST TEAM EVER ! This team has no heart. It sickens me. I stayed away for the last 2 weeks and it was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. I didn't miss it. For the first time in 42 years I lost faith in this team. And while I was gone they got even worse. F#@K this team sucks.

No question. WORST TEAM EVER ! This team has no heart. It sickens me. I stayed away for the last 2 weeks and it was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. I didn't miss it. For the first time in 42 years I lost faith in this team. And while I was gone they got even worse. F#@K this team sucks.

I just look at the scores now. Stopped watching. Been there since 70.seen enough of the buffalo losing teams

• 2 weeks later...

I am wondering if this team is not the worse ever, but rather the slowest and more importantly the most unsuited collection of players for any style or system Howie has or may try to implement. I further wonder if this team was actually better suited for Disco Dan's system and maybe he wasn't so dumb after all...maybe he knew they could not compete with faster teams so he used a system that hid this team's flaws. This new system Howie is trying to introduce sure is exposing every weakness every player has by today's standards.

Having said that, Will Carrier sure looks fast over there in Vegas...that team is everything right that is wrong with the Sabres

I am wondering if this team is not the worse ever, but rather the slowest and more importantly the most unsuited collection of players for any style or system Howie has or may try to implement. I further wonder if this team was actually better suited for Disco Dan's system and maybe he wasn't so dumb after all...maybe he knew they could not compete with faster teams so he used a system that hid this team's flaws. This new system Howie is trying to introduce sure is exposing every weakness every player has by today's standards.

Having said that, Will Carrier sure looks fast over there in Vegas...that team is everything right that is wrong with the Sabres

Yea Will Carrier with his 2 points in 20games sure looks fast. Or we could have that Ullmark guy who is rocking a .923sv% in the AHL right now. 

Worst team for a team supposed to have some talent. I would say the most disappointing team we've ever had. The Pegulas have not been able to have success in spite of spending. Most fans always thought we just couldn't compete financially, it seemed. Well money has not helped. Hopefully their current management can change things in my lifetime.

Edited by Radar

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.