Rochester Americans 2017/2018

LGR4GM

Amerks lose in OT. Another short handed goal against in 3rd. Guhle didn't dress. There's obviously a problem with the power play setup in the organization. I hate that rush it and then drop it back to the last player in the neutral zone play.

On a positive note, Johansson is now 2-0 in Cincy after coming back from his season long injury.

Amerks lose in OT. Another short handed goal against in 3rd. Guhle didn't dress. There's obviously a problem with the power play setup in the organization. I hate that rush it and then drop it back to the last player in the neutral zone play.

On a positive note, Johansson is now 2-0 in Cincy after coming back from his season long injury.

Yea they need to cut out the drop back crap pass.  They need to work on timing entering the zone and quicker passing. Rochester and Buffalo PP is suffering for it. 

Its great Rochester is doing well, but there really isn't anyone lighting things up down there in terms of points that looks like they may be something in the NHL soon.

Baptiste is the player I'm most hopefull and disappointed with.  He has truly Elite speed, and has scored goals everywhere he has played (even his short stint last year with the Sabres he put a few in the net.)  But this year he wasn't noticable at all in camp and started out terrible in Rochester.

He had Zero points and was a -4 in his first 5 games with the Amerks this year.  It looks like he is starting to turn it around though...in the past 8 games he has 4 goals, 9 points, and is a +4.

Edited by mjd1001

I know this is premature, but it is interesting to think who might be on the Amerks next year.

Returnees

C - Criscuolo (signed through 2019)

LW/RW - Nylander (signed through 2020)

C/RW - Cornel (signed through 2019)

C - Porter (signed through 2019)

C/W - ERod (signed through 2019)

LW - Karabacek (signed through 2019)

C - Malone (RFA)

RW - Bailey (RFA)

RW - Baptiste (RFA)

LW - Smith (RFA)

RW - Fasching (RFA)

RW/C - Griffith (RFA)

D - Tennyson (signed through 2019)

D - Fedun (signed through 2019)

D - Guhle (signed through 2020)

D - Nelson (RFA)

D - Stephens (signed through 2020)

D - Martin (signed through 2019)

G - Johansson (signed through 2020)

Newcomers

C/W - Middeltstadt

RW/C - Pu (signed through 2020)

C - Asplund

W - Olofsson

D - Borgen

D - Fitzgerald

Obviously did won't be close to the final 2018-19 Amerks, especially if guys like Guhle, Smith, Baptiste, Fasching and/or Bailey make the Sabres.  If they don't it's going to be a really stacked Amerks squad.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

What's the logic when the Sabres pull up Baptiste and Bailey...... keep them for a short stint, and then return them to Rochester?

They typically play low minutes and perform pretty much like expected (sometimes better than expected), then get sent back. Seen it a couple of times now between last year and this year, and it has to be  demoralizing to them when they return to the AHL.....

I think Crisco has had a decent pull with the Sabres, but I'm expecting him to return anytime now, chin on chest...........

What's the logic when the Sabres pull up Baptiste and Bailey...... keep them for a short stint, and then return them to Rochester?

They typically play low minutes and perform pretty much like expected (sometimes better than expected), then get sent back. Seen it a couple of times now between last year and this year, and it has to be demoralizing to them when they return to the AHL.....

I think Crisco has had a decent pull with the Sabres, but I'm expecting him to return anytime now, chin on chest...........

Why are you mentioning Cricuolo in the same breath as Bailey and Baptiste?

Well, they all played for the Amerks this year. Kyle is with his second professional franchise after the Red Wings didn't think he was worth resigning after his stint with Grand Rapids. Bailey and Baptiste could certainly be on the same track minus getting drafted as Cricuolo was a college FA.

To GA's post above, Bailey Baptiste Fasching Rodrigues, Ullmark, and Nelson, are young players who I believe will have to clear waivers next October.

Promoted, traded, not qualified or claimed — I doubt even half of them are in Rochester next year.

Does anyone know if I can trade my NHL centre ice package for a subscription to the Amerks?

I want to have fun watching hockey again.

Amerks up,3-1 unfortunately almost all the scoring coming from future AHL players instead of the Sabres future.

Edit: Maybe that's the Sabres future :(

Well.. looking at the AHL stats right now it doesn't appear that there are many players at the top of the stats list that are future NHL players.  Granted I don't know a lot of names but #4 in scoring right now is Phil Varone.  Rochester's top on teh list is CJ Smith.

Other than your top few players on each team I'm not sure that the difference between the AHL and NHL player is that great.  I think it's become more about the ability to play as a cohesive set of lines.  The star players don't spend much time in the AHL overall.

He has to clear waivers

CJ Smith and Erod with 3 point games. THEY have been ligting it up, can JBots afford to keep them down much longer?

E-Rod's first goal was super nice looking. He was trailing the play, and kept skating to the net and Griffith just waited and waited. Hit him with a nice pass and he went top shelf.

His second goal was a complete and total fluke lol. Right off his skate and in off of a pass that wasn't even remotely for him. Still, right place right time and all.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.