Rochester Americans 2017/2018

LGR4GM

They’re featuring Ullmark in their “American Made” segment. Taylor has great things to say about the kid. FWIW he’s referring to him as the A’s best goalie. He even made a comparison to Miller.

Whether people agree with me that he’s average or not, he’s certainly not the best goalie in the league.

Right now Demko is the best IMO. Linus is pretty darn close though. Did you get to watch the segment? Taylor claimed the organization was all in on Ullmark and giving him the full year here to fine tune his game. I had the pleasure of meeting Linus. He’s a great kid. You can’t help but root for him.

Right now Demko is the best IMO. Linus is pretty darn close though. Did you get to watch the segment? Taylor claimed the organization was all in on Ullmark and giving him the full year here to fine tune his game. I had the pleasure of meeting Linus. He’s a great kid. You can’t help but root for him.

Read earlier. I said I think he’s a great guy and am rooting for him. But performance is reality, not what an organization thinks he might be. Coming into tonight he’s 18th in the league in SV%.

This is why you aren't going to see Botterill do anything to upset this success. He's not going to drag every good player up to Buffalo for nothing, he's not going to bury Matt Moulson in Rochester where he'll just be mopey. He's going to leave the Amerks alone and let them try to have a good season.

I'm rooting for him because of MODO. 

I've seen approximately 30 seconds of Linus Ullmark AHL game action in my life. 

Same. Anything that keeps that crazy Swedish bastard posting here is in my favor 

This is why you aren't going to see Botterill do anything to upset this success. He's not going to drag every good player up to Buffalo for nothing, he's not going to bury Matt Moulson in Rochester where he'll just be mopey. He's going to leave the Amerks alone and let them try to have a good season.

#process

The one player that hopefully goes down that would truly help the Amerks is Griffith.

Guhle had a rough start but has settled down a bit and I can now see the potential in the guy. CJ and Crisco have impressed me and even with limited minutes Karabacek is far better than what I saw feom him last season. Nelson is still bad. Very much. How did he ever get NHL minutes?

This works.

Read earlier. I said I think he’s a great guy and am rooting for him. But performance is reality, not what an organization thinks he might be. Coming into tonight he’s 18th in the league in SV%.

I dont want to be rude, but you are kind of wrong here. Your right in a way, Linus holds spot 19 in %, if you only look at save % and not include anything else. But you cant compare a goalie that has played 1 game versus a goalie that has played 11 games.

I hope you agree on this

This is how i see the stats and how i believe you need to look at stats to be correct

25 goalies has played 8 games or more and the board tell us this:

This is top 6 goalies in AHL as of now

1. Garret Sparks, Toronto Marlies: 9 games played, 0.944 %  - 237 Saves | Goals allowed: 14

2. Casey DeSmith, W-B Scranton, 8 games played, 0.936 %  - 233 Saves | Goals allowed: 16 

3. Thatcher Demko, Utica Comets, 8 games played, 0.928 %  - 219 Saves | Goals allowed: 17

4. Christopher Gibson, Bridgeport ST, 8 games played, 0.925 %  - 210 Saves | Goals allowed: 17 

5. Eric Comrie, Manitoba Moose, 10 games played, 0.923 %  - 289 Saves | Goals allowed: 24 

6. Linus Ullmark, Rochester Americans, 11 games played, 0.921 %  - 305 Saves | Goals allowed: 26 

Im not saying your observations is wrong, i believe you, but i think Linus Ullmark is way better than your describing and last night he litterly raped Bingham Devils with allowing no goal on 31 shots.

Edited by MODO Hockey

I dont want to be rude, but you are kind of wrong here. Your right in a way, Linus holds spot 19 in %, if you only look at save % and not include anything else. But you cant compare a goalie that has played 1 game versus a goalie that has played 11 games.

I hope you agree on this

This is how i see the stats and how i believe you need to look at stats to be correct

25 goalies has played 8 games or more and the board tell us this:

This is top 6 goalies in AHL as of now

1. Garret Sparks, Toronto Marlies: 9 games played, 0.944 % - 237 Saves | Goals allowed: 14

2. Casey DeSmith, W-B Scranton, 8 games played, 0.936 % - 233 Saves | Goals allowed: 16

3. Thatcher Demko, Utica Comets, 8 games played, 0.928 % - 219 Saves | Goals allowed: 17

4. Christopher Gibson, Bridgeport ST, 8 games played, 0.925 % - 210 Saves | Goals allowed: 17

5. Eric Comrie, Manitoba Moose, 10 games played, 0.923 % - 289 Saves | Goals allowed: 24

6. Linus Ullmark, Rochester Americans, 11 games played, 0.921 % - 305 Saves | Goals allowed: 26

Im not saying your observations is wrong, i believe you, but i think Linus Ullmark is way better than your describing and last night he litterly raped Bingham Devils with allowing no goal on 31 shots.

We can all have our opinions. I’m comfortable with mine. I’ve never said he was a poor goalie. And he’s still young. I’m rooting for him as his success will bring wins to the Amerks and eventually the Sabres. So I’m not picking on him. I’m trying to be as objective as possible. 24th in SV% last season and 38th the year before. So far this season he has been better. I’ll revisit this maybe around Christmas. If he sustains the play he’s had this season to then I’ll start to be impressed.

No Bailey last night....???

According to Taylor he pulled himself out even though he was expected to play. I’m sure just as a precaution, but he’s had a history of poor attitude after being sent down.

We can all have our opinions. I’m comfortable with mine. I’ve never said he was a poor goalie. And he’s still young. I’m rooting for him as his success will bring wins to the Amerks and eventually the Sabres. So I’m not picking on him. I’m trying to be as objective as possible. 24th in SV% last season and 38th the year before. So far this season he has been better. I’ll revisit this maybe around Christmas. If he sustains the play he’s had this season to then I’ll start to be impressed.

And i love that you have and want to express your opinion, i share your point of view regarding this 100 %.  :beer:

That is what were all here for, to discuss and have fun hopefully.

I strongly believe you need to revalue the way you look at statistics. 

Linus Ullmark played most games out of all goalies last season and he ended up beeing 10th out of all goalies that played 39 games or more, Linus played 55. 

You cant just choose SV% on theahl.com on goalie stats and then go with what it says on the one that comes first, you need to actually look on the statistics. Agreed?  :flirt:

Edited by MODO Hockey

You also have to look at shots against, possession stats, scoring chances, quality of the players in front of him, etc.. They all influence how a goalie looks, plays and his stats.

What is most encouraging is his progress year over year. His D is improved over last year despite guys like Tennyson, Fedun and Redmond being called up to Buffalo and a new system in place. For the first time since Ullmark arrived in Roch, the Amerks are a plus 500 team.

Ultimately, Jbot will decide Ullmark’s fate here. Is he an AHL starter, NHL backup or NHL starter. I think he is a future NHL starter, maybe as early as next season.

And i love that you have and want to express your opinion, i share your point of view regarding this 100 %. :beer:

That is what were all here for, to discuss and have fun hopefully.

I strongly believe you need to revalue the way you look at statistics.

Linus Ullmark played most games out of all goalies last season and he ended up beeing 10th out of all goalies that played 39 games or more, Linus played 55.

You cant just choose SV% on theahl.com on goalie stats and then go with what it says on the one that comes first, you need to actually look on the statistics. Agreed? :flirt:

Keep in mind I have season tickets and have watched most of his games since he got here. This isn’t simply based on statistics. I’d venture to guess I’ve watched him more than maybe anyone here in the AHL. So I’m not just cherry picking stats on a website. I’m using them to back up what I’ve seen in person.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.