Rochester Americans 2017/2018

LGR4GM

Seiling (Amerks Color commentator) laying the praise thick on Ullmark and calling him then heir apparent to Buffalo's goal tending. Hard to argue. He's been nothing less than spectacular for a while now.

Bailey 1st star with 2 goals. He should be in blue and gold real soon. His speed reminds me of afinogenov, completely unmanageable by AHL players. He lacks superior finishing ability but he sails past everyone at this level.

Edited by inkman

Seiling (Amerks Color commentator) laying the praise thick on Ullmark and calling him then heir apparent to Buffalo's goal tending. Hard to argue. He's been nothing less than spectacular for a while now.

Bailey 1st star with 2 goals. He should be in blue and gold real soon. His speed reminds me of afinogenov, completely unmanageable by AHL players. He lacks superior finishing ability but he sails past everyone at this level.

How'd the team look overall?

So essentially we could have at minimum Poulliot production plus upside? I say bring him now. I would rather take a young man’s mistakes than an old man’s inability. And I’m old.

And is Nylander skating yet? Seems to be a pretty serious LBI.

So essentially we could have at minimum Poulliot production plus upside? I say bring him now. I would rather take a young man’s mistakes than an old man’s inability. And I’m old.And is Nylander skating yet? Seems to be a pretty serious LBI.

Bailey - O'Reilly - Okposo

...I like that. Bailey could help bring the tempo of that line up.

So essentially we could have at minimum Poulliot production plus upside? I say bring him now. I would rather take a young man’s mistakes than an old man’s inability. And I’m old.And is Nylander skating yet? Seems to be a pretty serious LBI.

I think we should listen to Botterill a little more closely before we write off Bailey and Baptiste.

How many times has he cited Guentzel?

How many times has he told the kids to play so well in the AHL that their play is impossible to ignore?

Pouliot is a placeholder. Griffith might be the same.

I think we should listen to Botterill a little more closely before we write off Bailey and Baptiste.

How many times has he told the kids to play so well in the AHL that their play is impossible to ignore?

Pouliot's definitely a placeholder. Nolan's likely a placeholder.

If Griffith keeps making plays like the ones that led to the 1st goal & cleared a juicy rebound that Lehner looked for on the wrong side of the crease, he isn't a placeholder. His replacement will necessarily be a good hockey player in that case. Not sure he can keep doing it, but giving him the benefit of the doubt until he proves he doesn't deserve it.

But all 3 are leaps & bounds better than Moulson. Which is a good thing.

We FINALLY get to watch a hockey team again. (Really hoping that remains the case.)

Nice to see this! I hope Bailey is watching Jorden Nolan because that's what he needs to do to make NHL, persistent, hard forechecking making defense caught up the puck.

If Griffith keeps making plays like the ones that led to the 1st goal & cleared a juicy rebound that Lehner looked for on the wrong side of the crease, he isn't a placeholder. His replacement will necessarily be a good hockey player in that case. Not sure he can keep doing it, but giving him the benefit of the doubt until he proves he doesn't deserve it.

We FINALLY get to watch a hockey team again. (Really hoping that remains the case.)

All this competition for jobs sure helps. I'll bet Nolan sticks around though.

Ric Seiling?  

Who was a solid 3rd-liner for quite a few years but who unfortunately was drafted in the 1st round ahead of Mike Bossy?

Good news about Ullmark and Bailey in any case.

Bailey - O'Reilly - Okposo

...I like that. Bailey could help bring the tempo of that line up.

That does sound appealing.  He needs to earn it though.

2 good ones here boys.

Nice to see this! I hope Bailey is watching Jorden Nolan because that's what he needs to do to make NHL, persistent, hard forechecking making defense caught up the puck.

All this competition for jobs sure helps. I'll bet Nolan sticks around though.

Me too.

I watched Nick Shmaltz light up Pittsburgh, Yamamoto is on the second line with the Oil, Boston has 5 young guys in their lineup and maybe more due to Backes. I get development, but keeping them in Rochester for develoment is fine if the player on the big club is contributing. Bailey is no worse than Poulliot same goes for Fasching though he has less AHL time. If the best that Bailey will ever be is a bottom 6 player then he is better than a few we have now. If he is a middle six, I would live with his gaffes and let him learn at a higher level. In either event he gives the big club a better player. I get the placeholder idea, but I don’t want to dig a hole while the placeholder controbutes nothing. Edited by 3putt

I watched Nick Shmaltz light up Pittsburgh, Yamamoto is on the second line with the Oil, Boston has 5 young guys in their lineup and maybe more due to Backes. I get development, but keeping them in Rochester for develoment is fine if the player on the big club is contributing. Bailey is no worse than Poulliot same goes for Fasching though he has less AHL time. If the best that Bailey will ever be is a bottom 6 player then he is better than a few we have now. If he is a middle six, I would live with his gaffes and let him learn at a higher level. In either event he gives the big club a better player. I get the placeholder idea, but I don’t want to dig a hole while the placeholder controbutes nothing.

I think I agree, but Botterill seems to have a different view about development.

Of course, if Bailey comes up at Christmas and lights it up, we can say he should have jumped sooner, but Jason would say it was the extra two months with Amerks that allowed him to do that.

I think I agree, but Botterill seems to have a different view about development.

Of course, if Bailey comes up at Christmas and lights it up, we can say he should have jumped sooner, but Jason would say it was the extra two months with Amerks that allowed him to do that.

It will be all fine and dandy provided we aren’t firmly entrenched in the Dahlin Sweepstakes.

Amerks win again against the Crunch in Syracuse last night in OT 3-2. CJ Smith, Criscuolo and Porter with OT goal. I’m especially pleased to beat the crunch with the ex-Sabre/Amerks foursome of Jamie McBain, Jason Akeson, Mat Bodie and Cory Conacher playing for the crunch.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.