Rochester Americans 2017/2018

LGR4GM

I think the big problem here is that for the Amerks to be good, you need Bailey, Baptiste, Guhle to be good, if not real good or great. HOWEVER, with the Sabres looking like they are (for the most part slow, especially the forwards, and losing), as soon as Bailey, Baptiste, or even someone like C.J. smith shows any consistent great play, they are likely to get another shot with the Sabres....thus gutting the Amerks again.

I usually see 1 or 2 Amerks games a year (and catch any on TV if they happen to have one or two shown in Buffalo) so I'm looking forward to watching them.  Fasching seems like a great buy...but I really want a fast skating team, top to bottom...I don't see him fitting in well to the NHL in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...

You waive him.  If he doesn't get claimed you assign him to Rochester.  Simple.  We'd actually save about $1,000,000 in cap for doing it.  Moulson played 8 minutes last night against the Phx.  He is no longer an NHL player and therefore should no longer be on our roster regardless of salary.  

You waive him. If he doesn't get claimed you assign him to Rochester. Simple. We'd actually save about $1,000,000 in cap for doing it. Moulson played 8 minutes last night against the Phx. He is no longer an NHL player and therefore should no longer be on our roster regardless of salary.

I agree. It virtually eliminates any possible chance of trading him but the odds of that are practically zero anyway. Bite the bullet and bring up one of the kids to take his place.

Edited by Drunkard

Amerks were down 3-0 by 7 min into the game. Looked like trash. Taylor called a time out and chewed them out. Flailing the papers in his hand around like he was going to smack someone up side the head.

End of 2 and Amerks lead 6-4. They scored 6 in the 2nd! Six different goal scorers with Guhle being one of them. He’s really played well with in the 2nd. Finally getting physical.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.