Rochester Americans 2017/2018

LGR4GM

They aren't going to trade him. No one will take him because they don't want to qualify him at $4mil+. He's going to free agency after the Sabres don't qualify him.

Roger, roger. He's an RFA that's going to be able to walk. Nothing we've seen from him is anything more than backup. Sure, some great saves (but all goalies make some great saves now and then). Some good overall games. But still wildly inconsistent, haven't seen a great increase in rebound control, and many baffling wandering moments. It's not $4M-level hockey. Ullmark, report in!

(And if someone signs Lehner to $4M/year, I'll switch my helmet.)

By the way, if you haven't been paying attention, the AHL playoffs have some wild moments

https://twitter.com/LVPhantoms/status/994026211759271936

https://www.instagram.com/p/BijqRXljNtB/?taken-by=spittinchiclets

You can say that again!!!

5 OT game. Lehigh Valley goalie made 94 saves on 95 shots.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/23457968/lehigh-valley-phantoms-five-win-charlotte-checkers-marks-longest-game-ahl-history

Bailey is so much faster than Girgs. Might be the fastest in the organization.  But he won't work the corners, and that's not going to help him make this team.

He's also like a dog chasing a car. He's really fast yeah but once he gets ahold of whatever he's after, puck or forecheck, he has no idea what to do

He's also like a dog chasing a car. He's really fast yeah but once he gets ahold of whatever he's after, puck or forecheck, he has no idea what to do

Generally, his hands have not caught up to his legs, I get that.  But he does show flashes of brilliance--like his goal at the meet up game.

I think he's the Amerk most likely to bring a nice return in a trade, and I don't think he does what Housley wants him to do, so that's why I think he's the most likely trade candidate.

Edited by Eleven

Fasching easily. Bailey was one of the only prospects to not be a steaming pile of trash in the playoffs.

Which is why another team would want Bailey.  Remember, it's not just about whom the Sabres choose to trade, but also about what another team wants.

Which is why another team would want Bailey. Remember, it's not just about whom the Sabres choose to trade, but also about what another team wants.

That’s true, but Fasching is the opposite of what Botterill wants. He’s slow and lumbering. I think he tries hard to include him on a deal.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.