Rochester Americans 2017/2018

LGR4GM

Ullmark is playing very well it seams. Great news, hope for Sabres sake Lehner gets cronic diarrhea. :P

He plays well in about half of his games. Either looks spectacular or awful. But that’s been his career in NA. Let’s a lot of soft goals in, makes a lot of great saves. He really needs to be more consistent.

He plays well in about half of his games. Either looks spectacular or awful. But that’s been his career in NA. Let’s a lot of soft goals in, makes a lot of great saves. He really needs to be more consistent.

Out of all goalies that has played 8 games or more he is 4th in the league in save %. Hopefully he can improve!

Out of all goalies that has played 8 games or more he is 4th in the league in save %. Hopefully he can improve!

I hope. Because he gives up back breaking goals at the worst time. He never makes the big stop in a close game when you need it. I think Sabres fans think he’s a lock as an NHL starter. I think he’s a backup at best, but he’s still young enough to improve.

Lehner, Johnson and Ullmark are all suffering from the same disease. It's called lack of D-itis.  Seriously, have you looked at our D talent and injury report?  Before we dump all these guys on the trash heap, we had best get them some help.

At least 4 Buffalo D are out with injury, including Risto and Bogo, whom the Sabres were counting on to solidify the D group.  That means 4 guys who should be playing in Rochester, like Falk, Fedun, Tennyson and Redmond, are playing in Buffalo.  That means that 4 guys who should be riding the pine in the AHL or playing in the ECHL are playing big minutes in Roch.  Not exactly a recipe for success for either franchise.

Depending on what the Drs say.  It's probably in both teams' interest to add some more D somehow.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Lehner, Johnson and Ullmark are all suffering from the same disease. It's called lack of D-itis. Seriously, have you looked at our D talent and injury report? Before we dump all these guys on the trash heap, we had best get them some help.

At least 4 Buffalo D are out with injury, including Risto and Bogo, whom the Sabres were counting on to solidify the D group. That means 4 guys who should be playing in Rochester, like Falk, Fedun, Tennyson and Redmond, are playing in Buffalo. That means that 4 guys who should be riding the pine in the AHL or playing in the ECHL are playing big minutes in Roch. Not exactly a recipe for success for either franchise.

Depending on what the Drs say. It's probably in both teams' interest to add some more D somehow.

You’re wrong about the Amerks defense. It’s not an issue. Botterill signed a lot of depth defensemen. Even with the injuries, the Amerks have been dressing Guhle/Redmond/Goers/Percy/MacWilliam/Nelson. That should be a very solid AHL defense. The only one here that is truly awful is Nelson. And he’s really bad. Ullmark’s issues have nothing to do with the defense in front of him. He just lets bad goals in. This argument may have been relevant the last 2 seasons, but not this year.

I hope. Because he gives up back breaking goals at the worst time. He never makes the big stop in a close game when you need it. I think Sabres fans think he’s a lock as an NHL starter. I think he’s a backup at best, but he’s still young enough to improve.

This sounds so anecdotal. I've watched him a couple dozen times and never had much issue with the timeliness of his saves. This season is the first he's had any sort of team in from of him as well.

This sounds so anecdotal. I've watched him a couple dozen times and never had much issue with the timeliness of his saves. This season is the first he's had any sort of team in from of him as well.

It’s definitely anecdotal but it’s my opinion of him since he came here. One example is last Friday against Hershey. 6-4 lead going into the 3rd and the Amerks allowed them to tie it. The 5th goal against Ullmark has to be saved. That was a critical goal. The 6th goal was a bad bounce, so I don’t pin it on Ullmark entirely. But he did appear to be a bit out of position.

We’ve watched some good goalies here over the years. I’ve watched Biron, Noronen, Miller, Anderson. Those were big time goalies. Ullmark just makes you nervous on every shot.

Edited by Amerks8796

It’s definitely anecdotal but it’s my opinion of him since he came here. One example is last Friday against Hershey. 6-4 lead going into the 3rd and the Amerks allowed them to tie it. The 5th goal against Ullmark has to be saved. That was a critical goal. The 6th goal was a bad bounce, so I don’t pin it on Ullmark entirely. But he did appear to be a bit out of position.

We’ve watched some good goalies here over the years. I’ve watched Biron, Noronen, Miller, Anderson. Those were big time goalies. Ullmark just makes you nervous on every shot.

The only goalie I can say with any certainty that flat out dominated the A for the Amerks was Olaf Kolzig. He was a witch. The rest of those guys seemed a notch below and I wouldn't put Ullmark below them.

The only goalie I can say with any certainty that flat out dominated the A for the Amerks was Olaf Kolzig. He was a witch. The rest of those guys seemed a notch below and I wouldn't put Ullmark below them.

I’ve watched all of them and they were all considerably better than Ullmark. Biron absolutely dominated in 1998-1999. A 2.07 GAA and .930 save percentage. Ullmark hasn’t approached anything remotely close to that. Biron also backstopped them to the Calder Cup finals. Noronen was lights out on the playoffs leading them to another finals appearance. Had something like 6 shutouts in one playoff year. Miller was way, way better than Ullmark.

Ullmark has been pedestrian at best. That’s not to say he’s not a late bloomer or may play better in the NHL. But he’s far down the list of Amerks goalies.

Despite a bunch of D recalls and a couple of key forward recalls, the Amerks are a very surprising 7-4-1.  Now they get Nylander back.  Hopefully he'll help them get to another level.

If the Sabres can get a couple of D healthy, the Amerks should benefit as well.

If Sabres don't improve drastically soon, I say keep Guhle, Nylander, Baptiste, Bailey and Ullmark in Rochester for the year and let them win some games.

I’ve watched all of them and they were all considerably better than Ullmark. Biron absolutely dominated in 1998-1999. A 2.07 GAA and .930 save percentage. Ullmark hasn’t approached anything remotely close to that. Biron also backstopped them to the Calder Cup finals. Noronen was lights out on the playoffs leading them to another finals appearance. Had something like 6 shutouts in one playoff year. Miller was way, way better than Ullmark.

Ullmark has been pedestrian at best. That’s not to say he’s not a late bloomer or may play better in the NHL. But he’s far down the list of Amerks goalies.

I guess we will see in the end of the season. We all can tell that you dont like Ullmark. He played more than any other goalie last season, with a team that was so bad, means that someone still has faith in him obviously.

I bet you will change your mind when this season is done, if not ill buy you dinner at dinos buddy!

Edited by MODO Hockey

I guess we will see in the end of the season. We all can tell that you dont like Ullmark. He played more than any other goalie last season, with a team that was so bad, means that someone still has faith in him obviously.

I bet you will change your mind when this season is done, if not ill buy you dinner at dinos buddy!

I like Ullmark in general. He seems like a good guy with a good attitude. And by that, I mean when he’s asked about his situation, he simply talks about winning games for the Amerks and their fans, not simply getting up to the NHL. Everyone gets it, but it’s nauseating to hear every prospect drone on about making Buffalo. No . How about you respect the team you’re on and talk about them? For this, I really appreciate Ullmark.

Now that doesn’t change my view of him on the ice. He’s not a bad goalie, but there’s absolutely no evidence, through stats or a by an eye test, that’s he’s anything more than an average AHL goalie. That could change. But it’s the way it is right now.

I like Ullmark in general. He seems like a good guy with a good attitude. And by that, I mean when he’s asked about his situation, he simply talks about winning games for the Amerks and their fans, not simply getting up to the NHL. Everyone gets it, but it’s nauseating to hear every prospect drone on about making Buffalo. No ######. How about you respect the team you’re on and talk about them? For this, I really appreciate Ullmark.

Now that doesn’t change my view of him on the ice. He’s not a bad goalie, but there’s absolutely no evidence, through stats or a by an eye test, that’s he’s anything more than an average AHL goalie. That could change. But it’s the way it is right now.

Who, specifically, is droning on about making THE NHL?

Who, specifically, is droning on about making THE NHL?

We’re talking over 20 years worth of player quotes I have read in the D&C and heard in interviews. I’m not taking anyone specifically. Just a general attitude of not caring about the team’s success. The entire team he last couple years essentially had that attitude. Chris Taylor had a radio interview over the summer and was very blunt in saying the attitude and entitlement needs to change. This was from when he was a coach 2 years ago. Don Stevens has said similar things as has Randy Sexton.

We’re talking over 20 years worth of player quotes I have read in the D&C and heard in interviews. I’m not taking anyone specifically. Just a general attitude of not caring about the team’s success. The entire team he last couple years essentially had that attitude. Chris Taylor had a radio interview over the summer and was very blunt in saying the attitude and entitlement needs to change. This was from when he was a coach 2 years ago. Don Stevens has said similar things as has Randy Sexton.

OK. We've definitely had AHL ghosters like Grigs, Luke Adam and who knows who else that made it clear their focus was not on the Amerks.

I like Ullmark in general. He seems like a good guy with a good attitude. And by that, I mean when he’s asked about his situation, he simply talks about winning games for the Amerks and their fans, not simply getting up to the NHL. Everyone gets it, but it’s nauseating to hear every prospect drone on about making Buffalo. No ######. How about you respect the team you’re on and talk about them? For this, I really appreciate Ullmark.

Atleast you like his personality, thats a start.

Looking at last year the team was so bad that there were no hope for change.

Atleast now it looks like something actually has happened to Rochester, Ullmark has 10 games played with 0.913 %, 6 wins

It cant be all defence. 

Im 100% certain Linus Ullmark will prove you wrong.

Atleast you like his personality, thats a start.

Looking at last year the team was so bad that there were no hope for change.

Atleast now it looks like something actually has happened to Rochester, Ullmark has 10 games played with 0.913 %, 6 wins

It cant be all defence.

Im 100% certain Linus Ullmark will prove you wrong.

Yes I understand they were bad last season. But what’s most concerning to me are the weak goals he gives up. These have nothing to do with how bad the team is.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.