Rochester Americans 2017/2018

LGR4GM

I agree it's too early to write off Nylander but how different would this team look right now if they took Sergachev?

Both Bill Hoppe and Joe Yerdon tweeted the Sabres believed two out of three players would be available when they made the pick and they had them ranked Juoveli, Nylander and Sergachev.

Both Bill Hoppe and Joe Yerdon tweeted the Sabres believed two out of three players would be available when they made the pick and they had them ranked Juoveli, Nylander and Sergachev.

A lot of people complain about the trades Murray made but I think not taking Sergachev was his biggest mistake. Oops, sorry 2nd biggest mistake - he quickly I forgot the Moulson contract. Though if the cap hits $82 million next season I'll rank Nylander over Sergachev as his biggest mistake.

All this winning is great, I just wish more future Sabres were contributing. It's almost all AHL vets minus the contributions of CJ Smith.

Guhle and Ullmark are big time contributors, in positions of need. Add in CJ and it's looking a little more promising.

Rodrigues has 10 points in 8 games down there too, if we're counting him.

Edited by Bjorn Borg

Guhle and Ullmark are big time contributors, in positions of need. Add in CJ and it's looking a little more promising.

Ullmark for sure, Guhle has some decent numbers but I think he's clearly behind Redmond and Percy on the depth chart. I just wish there was more from the forward ranks. Baptiste appears to be sulking and Nylander and been non-existent since his return from injury.

Ullmark for sure, Guhle has some decent numbers but I think he's clearly behind Redmond and Percy on the depth chart. I just wish there was more from the forward ranks. Baptiste appears to be sulking and Nylander and been non-existent since his return from injury.

I mean Baptiste's numbers aren't terrible (18gp, 11p) but I see what you mean. Rather see less Gill, Moses, and Porter at the top of the scoring and more Baptiste, Nylander, Malone, Cornel, etc.

Granted, Nylander has only played 11 games, after returning from injury, but still. 4 points in those games, 1 goal. I know we need to be patient with his development, but I just wish one time one of these prospects would shoot up the ranks like their potential dictates from an early age, like, believe it not, some prospects *actually do* for other teams right off the bat. See: Clayton Keller, same draft year as Nylander.

I mean Baptiste's numbers aren't terrible (18gp, 11p) but I see what you mean. Rather see less Gill, Moses, and Porter at the top of the scoring and more Baptiste, Nylander, Malone, Cornel, etc.

Granted, Nylander has only played 11 games, after returning from injury, but still. 4 points in those games, 1 goal. I know we need to be patient with his development, but I just wish one time one of these prospects would shoot up the ranks like their potential dictates from an early age, like, believe it not, some prospects *actually do* for other teams right off the bat. See: Clayton Keller, same draft year as Nylander.

I can't live a revisionist life style. So many posters want to play out what if scenarios. I'd like to change 90% of the things in my life. Unfortunately, just like the past Sabres faux pas, I can't. Yet every thread I'm in someone has to mention why did we draft so and so or why did we trade what's his name. Can we just move on?

I can't live a revisionist life style. So many posters want to play out what if scenarios. I'd like to change 90% of the things in my life. Unfortunately, just like the past Sabres faux pas, I can't. Yet every thread I'm in someone has to mention why did we draft so and so or why did we trade what's his name. Can we just move on?

I didn't lament not drafting Keller in my post, though. I used him as an example of a player who's development excelled from an early stage upon entering the pro game.

It's the exact same thing as you expressing disappointment with who's leading the charge in Rochester, except I gave a specific name in my comparison. The young players in Rochester are only doing unsatisfactorily in your view relative to the numbers you'd expect/hope for them, I.e. - the numbers of players having more success. You just didn't name one.

Not that you need to, but I fail to see how me merely mentioning a player having success from an early age is not moving on.

All this winning is great, I just wish more future Sabres were contributing. It's almost all AHL vets minus the contributions of CJ Smith.

I just looked at that last night after I saw the Amerks box score.  Other the Smith, Ulllmark and Guhle, we aren't getting much out of our actual prospects.  But really after those 3 who are the "prospects?"  It comes down to Nylander, Bailey (injured or MIA), Baptiste and Fasching.  Fasching is with the Sabres, but isn't exactly making an impact.  The only other Sabres draftees on the Amerks are Cornel and Malone.  

This Amerks team shows Jbot skills at building a squad when not hampered by contract problems like we have in Buffalo.  It gives me confidence that he can figure out how to fix the Sabres,  Now we need to get more legit prospects in the pipeline and starting fixing this franchise.

I can't find much. It seems that he didn't make the last road trip. Hurt I guess.

Whether he is injured or something else hasn’t stopped these guys from winning. They beat Utica tonight 3-1.if you’re not keeping score then I’ll tell you that they have lost 2 in reg, 2 in SO and 1 in OT to Utica. Utica. We would be #1 in the league if it weren’t for them. I miss Wednesdays due to class so I can’t give a firsthand of this one but these guys have been playing unrelenting hockey. I’m stoked to see what kind of game #1 Marlies vs #5 hot as hell Amerks gives us. Marlies fans usually turn up in big numbers. I hope Moose brings his brass knuckles.

Whether he is injured or something else hasn’t stopped these guys from winning. They beat Utica tonight 3-1.if you’re not keeping score then I’ll tell you that they have lost 2 in reg, 2 in SO and 1 in OT to Utica. ###### Utica. We would be #1 in the league if it weren’t for them. I miss Wednesdays due to class so I can’t give a firsthand of this one but these guys have been playing unrelenting hockey. I’m stoked to see what kind of game #1 Marlies vs #5 hot as hell Amerks gives us. Marlies fans usually turn up in big numbers. I hope Moose brings his brass knuckles.

Bailey is injured.  CJ Smith is lighting it up down there in his first pro year and averaging more than a point per game now.  He turned 23 on December 1st so it stands to reason he could have an NHL future after this season.  Ullmark and Guhle are both playing great too.  This year's Amerks team is really encouraging.

First game of year for me tonight.  They looked good.  Ulmark gave up an ugly Lehner special (behind net wrap to post) in 1st but after that Amerks had better of play and just look solid.  Guhle looks solid, nothing popped though.  Nylander didn't look bad, but same, nothing popped out.  Grigerenko used to pop some "wows" at times, fwiw.  Botteril was at the game and on his phone.  Maybe checking in with wife, maybe talking trade, didn't ask.

First game of year for me tonight. They looked good. Ulmark gave up an ugly Lehner special (behind net wrap to post) in 1st but after that Amerks had better of play and just look solid. Guhle looks solid, nothing popped though. Nylander didn't look bad, but same, nothing popped out. Grigerenko used to pop some "wows" at times, fwiw. Botteril was at the game and on his phone. Maybe checking in with wife, maybe talking trade, didn't ask.

Don't know how you kept track of that with those 3 Nu Skool IPAs and that toddler barfing all over your section.

If anyone can use two tickets to this Friday's game in Rochester vs. Toronto, send me a message. They are good seats. I think I can email the PDF's. 

We decided to stay home with the new dog instead :-)

Just bumping this...tickets still available...cost the same as my opinions but have much more value!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.