GDT: Montreal @ Buffalo, 700pm EDT, 10/05/2017

WildCard

yeah, thats why i put it there

i forgot the quote the other posters, my bad

Yeah otherwise it reads like "I have the breaking news scoop that these players will not be playing" when you were just illiciting the details of why they weren't playing. Edited by inkman

WHOOOO! SABRES HOCKEY!!! WHOOO!!! MOULSON AND GORGES SITTING!!!!!

I'm driving to Montreal today for a hockey tournament so hopefullly I'll make it there before the game starts so I can cheer for the good guys amongst a bunch of bad guys.

Really hope Jack shows up tonight. Can't let McDavid and Matthews have the lime light.

WHOOOO! SABRES HOCKEY!!! WHOOO!!! MOULSON AND GORGES SITTING!!!!!

I'm driving to Montreal today for a hockey tournament so hopefullly I'll make it there before the game starts so I can cheer for the good guys amongst a bunch of bad guys.

Really hope Jack shows up tonight. Can't let McDavid and Matthews have the lime light.

Jack is facing a far superior goalie.

What is this? A GDT thread in a hockey forum? Blasphemy!

I'm so mother-ligering excited to watch the Sabres take on those liger-hole Habs in a meaningful hockey game. Hoping for a strong fast start from our top guys, so that the game is well in hand by the time I have to leave for my 9pm bar league game tonight.

Hey, that's sexist. The gender-neutral term is ligersmurfer.

With all the anticipation, if things don't go right, it's gonna get ugly in here

It'll be a tough pill to swallow if we lose tonight and Eichel has 0 pts

I understand this, but I'm not gonna get sucked into that.

McDavid is the second coming -- err, the first coming of a generational talent. Whatever.

Matthews still has a much better supporting cast, the best coach in the world, and he played the team with the worst GT situation in the league.

I'm not going down that rabbit hole, no matter what.

Official lines

Kane-Eichel-Pominville
Pouliot-O'Reilly-Okposo
Girgensons-Reinhart-Griffith
Larsson-Josefson-Nolan

Beaulieu-Risto 
Scandella-Tennyson
McCabe-Antipin

Honest question: Why the hell is Tennyson?

I can't believe that Tennyson has played himself into a spot over Gorges.  I think Housley is going to regret that.

Seriously. Who?

The Sabres officially have the slowest press box in the NHL.

/stick taps

Jack is facing a far superior goalie.

Yep Price is a tad bit better than Mason and Smith.

Yes, yes.

Kane and Eichel connect for the first goal of the game on their first shift tonight

I found it interesting when one of my kids pointed out to me that, on Instagram, Eichel commented on Kane's post about the big dinner he's planning (hahaha) with "thanks bro let's score some goals tomorrow night."

Totally benign? I dunno, man. With a guy as laser-focused as Eichel, I wonder whether anything like that is a throw-away comment. I am sure he really, really wants to make a splash. God willing, he will.

Montreal great in goal weak on offence . Two goals and a asssist for Jack tonight

Sabres 4 Montreal 1. Calling slashing closer will mean more power plays . Sabres are better

I like the Jack stat, sort of carries from McDavid's 3 goals to Matthews 1g + 2a

4-1 win would be certainly great.

1-0 Eichel from Pominville & Risto

2-0 O'Reilly from Eichel & Risto (PP)

3-0 Eichel from Kane & Antipin

3-1 Galchenyuk from Drouin & Alzner

4-1 Griffith from Reinhart & McCabe

I understand this, but I'm not gonna get sucked into that.

McDavid is the second coming -- err, the first coming of a generational talent. Whatever.

Matthews still has a much better supporting cast, the best coach in the world, and he played the team with the worst GT situation in the league.

I'm not going down that rabbit hole, no matter what.

Honest question: Why the hell is Tennyson?

As for the first part, same. I really hope we have an electric game tonight but I won't be "sky is falling" unless we're last in the east in December. 

Tennyson is a legitimate 7th defenseman, and is clearly better than Gorges, and a little better than Falk and Fedun, so he got the nod when Bogosian got hurt. I believe he had half a season in the NHL (on dat Canes defense) last year.

Habs lines:

Pacioretty-Drouin-Gallagher;

Hudon-Plekanec-Lehkonen;

Galchenyuk-Danault-Shaw;

Byron-De La Rose-Hemsky.

Habs D this morning:

Mete-Weber;

Alzner-Petry;

Benn-Streit;

Morrow-Davidson (Expected to be scratched) 

And here I thought Sexy Julien wasn't a moron

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.