GDT: Montreal @ Buffalo, 700pm EDT, 10/05/2017

WildCard

IT'S ON!

Pumped for tonight and so is a friend of mine from Texas that wanted to start watching hockey and i got him into the Sabres!

i am already dreading the narratives of how Jack needs to come out flying like his peers McDavid and Mathews last night, or he isnt "in the same league as those guys" if he doesnt have 3 points

I'm waiting to see if your captaincy theory is correct.  I'll be there.

IT'S ON!

I'm waiting to see if your captaincy theory is correct.  I'll be there.

I'm hoping, although, they did a good job of not really leaving any clues about it at the presser.  i'd love nothing more than to hear the announcer say it with a super long drawn out "your Captain. Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack Eichel!"

It'll be a tough pill to swallow if we lose tonight and Eichel has 0 pts

Nope.  Only one game.  It's expected that the team will struggle with so many new faces (nearly half the team), a new coach and a new system.  I'm trying to stay grounded and keep expectations in check.

NOW BEAT THOSE HABS!

It'll be a tough pill to swallow if we lose tonight and Eichel has 0 pts

There should be no reason to lose to Montreal. They should be slower than Buffalo and are certainly less talented. The catch being Buffalo is rolling the new system so as I keep saying, October might be sub .500 hockey while they figure this thing out. 

Nope. Only one game. It's expected that the team will struggle with so many new faces (nearly half the team), a new coach and a new system. I'm trying to stay grounded and keep expectations in check.

NOW BEAT THOSE HABS!

Unfortunately, you are in the distinct minority. If the Sabres lose 3-0, this place will implode.

There should be no reason to lose to Montreal. They should be slower than Buffalo and are certainly less talented. The catch being Buffalo is rolling the new system so as I keep saying, October might be sub .500 hockey while they figure this thing out. 

They still have a steel wall in front of the goal.

What is this? A GDT thread in a hockey forum? Blasphemy!

I'm so mother-ligering excited to watch the Sabres take on those liger-hole Habs in a meaningful hockey game. Hoping for a strong fast start from our top guys, so that the game is well in hand by the time I have to leave for my 9pm bar league game tonight.

giphy.gif

Edited by Touched by Boyes

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.