GDT: Montreal @ Buffalo, 700pm EDT, 10/05/2017

WildCard

I was listening too. I wonder which player he was talking about. I was picturing ROR hiding in a bathroom stall before the game to avoid a nagging Daniel.

DD sucked the fun out of playing hockey and one player used to hide to avoid him for a few minutes before the game

I completely believe this and I'm not surprised that Ray is willing to venture this little tidbit. He dropped hints at other times last year that the team wasn't happy with DD. 

https://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/24494-let-the-fire-bylsma-watch-begin/?p=923529

Heard some interesting comments from Ray during his game night interview with WGR. He seemed to think Bylsma benching Jack and giving him crap about it was stupid. He also intimated that he thinks both guys are bullheaded and that these public clashes are just "brotherly" sniping and that it doesn't mean much. That last comment came after the WGR guys asked Ray if he thought there was a rift developing, and it seemed like Ray wasn't quite expecting it and didn't want to say what he really thought.

He was also gushing about Torts like nothing I've ever heard. I think Ray really doesn't like Bylsma at all. 

Makes me wonder how much Ray had the player's confidence...

It's synonymous with a micromanaging boss, you're not going to put forth 100% effort when you just get nit picked all the time. If anything you do less in spite.

PH should be an immediate improvement. Time will tell.

Go Sabres!

There should be no reason to lose to Montreal. They should be slower than Buffalo and are certainly less talented. The catch being Buffalo is rolling the new system so as I keep saying, October might be sub .500 hockey while they figure this thing out.

"We've got something to prove," [/size]Ryan O'Reilly said. "It's time to win. There's no excuses now. Our new staff has been great, our coaching has been outstanding so far. It's on the players to make an impact."[/size]

I know they are learning a new system, but I'm glad to hear ROR say this. They can't afford a very poor start if they want to have a realistic shot at the playoffs.

I know they are learning a new system, but I'm glad to hear ROR say this. They can't afford a very poor start if they want to have a realistic shot at the playoffs.

I fully expect the experienced leader types, ROR, Pommer, KO, etc., to set the best example they can by hustling their buns off.

I'd give anything to know who that player was

I heard the segment too. Didn't say the player in that instance but went on to say jake McCabe was emotionally drained by the end of the season.

I'm sure most guys were but he was specifically named.

Edited by Derrico

I heard the segment too. Didn't say the player in that instance but went on to say jake McCabe was emotionally drained by the end of the season.

I'm sure most guys were but he was specifically named.

I still see Jake as a dark horse to get the C or an A at some point.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.