The New Lineup Thread

GASabresIUFAN

average power play time of your opponent forwards.

Therefore, if you are on the ice with Crosby (who might get 6 minutes/game), Malkin (who might get 4 minutes/game), Rust (who might get 1 min/game), your opponent forward power play time would be 11 for that moment.

Dudacek and MattPie have it right I think

Got it.  Thank you.  That's got to be a huge PITA to calculate.

It think it means he spent 9.61 even strength minutes playing against guys who play on the opponent's PP.

He's using PP use as a way to measure the most offensively gifted forwards.

Or at least that's how I'm reading it.

average power play time of your opponent forwards.

Therefore, if you are on the ice with Crosby (who might get 6 minutes/game), Malkin (who might get 4 minutes/game), Rust (who might get 1 min/game), your opponent forward power play time would be 11 for that moment.

Dudacek and MattPie have it right I think

Interesting, but there's definitely some flaws in there. Matt Moulson has appeared on our PP

I have a feeling Zemgus is going to be out for some time with a broken bone. Did you see the shot he blocked? He took a slap shot to an area with virtually no padding and those pucks are moving 80+ mph. He coudln't stand after he took the shot.

Day to day means nothing with the Sabres.

Feels like Nylander and Bogosian have been day to day for a month.

I have a feeling Zemgus is going to be out for some time with a broken bone. Did you see the shot he blocked? He took a slap shot to an area with virtually no padding and those pucks are moving 80+ mph. He coudln't stand after he took the shot.

Either that or a nasty bone bruise.

Reinhart isn't going to be able to create anything centering Pouliot and Griffith on a third line, those guys have shown themselves to barely be NHLers.

Might be time to start an over/under on how many games Reinhart goes before notching an assist this year.

Isn't Bogosian's license plate 'DAY2DAY?'

:flirt:

Reinhart isn't going to be able to create anything centering Pouliot and Griffith on a third line, those guys have shown themselves to barely be NHLers.

Might be time to start an over/under on how many games Reinhart goes before notching an assist this year.

He'll get one tonight.  Bank it.

I find it interesting that Okposo and ROR have been paired together non-stop since Okposo has been signed her. If things continue to not work out I'd like to see a major shakeup in the lines (Okposo - Eichel - Reinhart)????.

We really need to stop putting wingers on the wrong side. 

? - Reinhart - Okposo

Zemgus - Eichel - Pommers

Kane - ROR - Bailey 

We really need to stop putting wingers on the wrong side. 

? - Reinhart - Okposo

Zemgus - Eichel - Pommers

Kane - ROR - Bailey 

The correct side for a winger is not dictated by this handedness.  It's dictated by his style of play and his comfort level.  I hated playing RW as a right handed person.  This was also driven by the fact that my right eye is stronger than my left so playing on my right side I was not able to see the ice as well as playing off-wing.  In addition, I preferred to have my stick on the inside of the ice surface, it gave me better shot angles.  Not everyone is that way of course, but there are players who prefer playing the off-wing. 

The correct side for a winger is not dictated by this handedness.  It's dictated by his style of play and his comfort level.  I hated playing RW as a right handed person.  This was also driven by the fact that my right eye is stronger than my left so playing on my right side I was not able to see the ice as well as playing off-wing.  In addition, I preferred to have my stick on the inside of the ice surface, it gave me better shot angles.  Not everyone is that way of course, but there are players who prefer playing the off-wing. 

Okposo to my knowledge has never played his off wing 5v5 in the NHL. Reinhart has not either except for a couple shifts this season. Why force them to do it when you don't have to?

I played RW as a left shot.... This was sooooo long ago, but i always remember a lot of the guys I played with like to play "off wing" as the angles for shooting were much much better

Agreed play right wing when not playing center and love cutting to the middle from right side. Also it sets up

my shot better, puck is in a better shooting position feel wise so I can get off a shot quicker with more force. PS play a lot of center lately so passing for me is more effective from the left side rather than from a backhand unless I cut like Im going to shoot.

Edited by North Buffalo

Was there a shift in the game? Because the last year or so when reading here, I was very confused when we were talking about sides, I never played center, so I can't speak to that.

Not sure but I do think its a comfortability and skill level issue. PS Crosby seems to effectively play on his off wing, not sure how many guys do it.

Jack’s shot against Nashville last year was a cut into the middle from his off wing... one of the best illustrations I can think of off the top of my head.

Edited by North Buffalo