Duchene to Sabres?

sweetlou

I agree that the Sabres wouldn’t make that trade at this point in time. I’m just trying to put the brakes on the Roy-for-Malkin proposals that are flying around in here.

Fair enough.

And I'd be shocked if these two teams could come up with a deal involving Duchene, where both parties are satisfied.

“My sense is it’s quiet right now, but I don’t know if that means they’re not talking or it’s just sort of like the lull before the storm,” indicated hockey Insider Elliotte Friedman during a Friday segment on Edmonton’s 630 CHED. “I still think there’s a hope on Matt Duchene’s part that he can get dealt before the season, and I think Colorado would be amenable to that.

“Look, we all know where this story is going. Colorado is not making this deal unless they get what they want. And the question is going to be is someone going to step up and give them what they want.

“I still think Columbus is very, very much in it. I think that they have made it very clear he’s a guy they want and I don’t think they’re far away.

“I still think Nashville is circling. I think Calgary has been in and out, I think Anaheim has been in and out. Anaheim, especially now that Kesler is hurt and missing some time, I think they’re around and they’re a team that could make that deal."

https://www.fanragsports.com/friedman-thinks-columbus-still-very-much-in-on-duchene/

Trading cost controlled assets for Duchene is bad.

My proposal is Nylander, McCabe, and Moulson and conditional pick for Duchene.

Why this works for both teams.

For Colorado-

Nylander gives them a young forward prospect.

MCabe gives the a proven young defenseman.

Mouslon fills the LW void by the loss of Duchene, and also someone they can use on the PP.

Conditional pick is determined by whether we can extend Duchene.

For Buffalo-

Can risk losing Nylander with having prospects like Bailey, Baptiste, Fasching, and Middlestat.

McCabe is steady, but Buffalo picked up Beaulieuo fill that void.

Moulson contract comes off cap and gives ability to sign either Kane, Duchene, or both.

You now in another thread, want to trade Reinhart, McCabe and stuff. So you want to trade an NHL forward who's cost controlled, scored more than Duchene last season, and is almost 5 years younger, plus additional things for Duchene. Terrible terrible trade idea. Edited by LGR4GM

You now in another thread, want to trade Reinhart, McCabe and stuff. So you want to trade an NHL forward who's cost controlled, scored more than Duchene last season, and is almost 5 years younger, plus additional things for Duchene. Terrible terrible trade idea.

Not to mention he says they would want Moulson to replace Duchene on the wing when he's a center.  I'd like to have Duchene, but certainly not for the price the Avs are reportedly asking

You now in another thread, want to trade Reinhart, McCabe and stuff. So you want to trade an NHL forward who's cost controlled, scored more than Duchene last season, and is almost 5 years younger, plus additional things for Duchene. Terrible terrible trade idea.

The initial thread was made before preseason games. I said Nylander hoping to hold onto Reinhart.  After watching Reinhart ( I know it was preseason) at center I am still not impressed and would rather have Duchene for the next five years. Hence why I upped and gave up Reinhart and kept Nylander.

The initial thread was made before preseason games. I said Nylander hoping to hold onto Reinhart.  After watching Reinhart ( I know it was preseason) at center I am still not impressed and would rather have Duchene for the next five years. Hence why I upped and gave up Reinhart and kept Nylander.

Duchene is only signed through next season. It's unlikely he'd sign a 3 year deal at 27-28 years old, so you either get him for 2 years (heck no) or 8-9 years, years 3-9 of those at probably $8M+

First off, that's not getting you Duchene. Bob Mackenzie said about a month ago that the asking price top 2 D-man, high end D prospect, NHL forward and 1st rd pick. I like McCabe but i don't think he qualifies as top 2 on many teams in the league, hes a solid 3-4. If the Avs were willing, it would be McCabe, Guhle, Reinhart and a 1st maybe 2nd and that is just way to much for Duchene, who is a center by the way not a winger. We dont even know Reinhart's ceiling yet and his floor is likely 50 points, he's practically equaling Duchene's output.

So from the frontrunning teams:

Ekholm, Fabbro, Jarnkrok and a first?

Or Murray, Carlsson, Anderson and a first?

Would you pull the trigger if you were Nashville or Columbus.

I think many underrate Duchen, but that price is too high to pay for any team, IMO.

Who gives away their third-best defenceman and their best defensive prospect in the same trade?

How does an organization backfill that hole?

Edited by dudacek

So from the frontrunning teams:

Ekholm, Fabbro, Jarnkrok and a first?

Or Murray, Carlsson, Anderson and a first?

Would you pull the trigger if you were Nashville or Columbus.

I think many underrate Duchen, but that price is too high to pay for any team, IMO.

Who gives away their third-best defenceman and their best defensive prospect in the same trade?

How does an organization backfill that hole?

That Nashville package could land 2 Duchenes IMO.

It's a ridiculous price for him. He should be at the peak of his prime, but his output has decreased from 70 pts to the 50's forvtwo years and then in the 41 last year. Why invest huge assets plus $6 mill in such a player for one season to then have him walk for greener pastures after the season? It makes no sense.

• 1 month later...

Risto, Bailey + a 1st

Interesting. 

Risto has a lot of upside and so does the Sabres' #1 next June.  Bailey might also.

But there's a real chance Risto doesn't take another big step, which would need to happen in order for him to justify paying him over paying Duchene (or Kane for that matter).

Are you ###### insane? This one of the worst trade proposals ever put on Sabrespace

I seem to remember some doozies proposed by you over the years.

:nana:

Ooooooooooooohhhh.

Seriously? This board is garbage if it thinks that's a good trade. Absolute garbage.

I wouldn't make the trade, but a logical argument can certainly be made for it. If you believe Okposo's best days are behind him and he's soon to be a cap anchor, Moulson already is one. We are potentially gaining from moving those two pieces, and Duchene is better than Reinhart.

In fact I know there's no way the Avs make that deal.