Duchene to Sabres?

sweetlou

I wouldn't make the trade, but a logical argument can certainly be made for it. If you believe Okposo's best days are behind him and he's soon to be a cap anchor, Moulson already is one. We are potentially gaining from moving those two pieces, and Duchene is better than Reinhart.

In fact I know there's no way the Avs make that deal.

I thought Liger was referring to the Risto+Bailey+1st deal. 

And I really didn't think Okposo would be an anchor in year 2 of that deal....I thought we'd get to year 4 :(

And I really didn't think Okposo would be an anchor in year 2 of that deal....I thought we'd get to year 4 :(

Ah, of course. My mistake, thanks True.

I like Okposo (what I know of him) as a person so much, too. Was really pulling for his success.

I was. Trading our best defender from a team lacking defense, plus a potential top 9 winger on a team without them, plus what will be a high 1st round draft in a deep draft, for a 26yr old center who scored less then Reinhart last year, that's idiotic.

I was. Trading our best defender from a team lacking defense, plus a potential top 9 winger on a team without them, plus what will be a high 1st round draft in a deep draft, for a 26yr old center who scored less then Reinhart last year, that's ###### idiotic.

You react as if I actually have GMBot's ear or something  :P

I hope I'm wrong about Reinhart, and that he can become as good as Duchene, but I'm getting impatient. Probably not fair to Reino- some players take longer to develop, and he could still turn into an important piece for us.

I was. Trading our best defender from a team lacking defense, plus a potential top 9 winger on a team without them, plus what will be a high 1st round draft in a deep draft, for a 26yr old center who scored less then Reinhart last year, that's ###### idiotic.

no kidding.

Would could use someone of Duchene's talent, but our team lacks the talent to acquire such a player in a hockey deal.  If we go the prospect/pick route then we are sinking back to the TM style of management.  No thanks.

I was only half kidding. I don't even think you're allowed to trade cash any more. You can take on salary, but you can't give bags of money. At least I don't think so. 

But yes, I would pretty much give away Reinhart if I could unload those two salaries. That would allow a quicker and proper rebuild.

from sportsnet:

As part of the trade, the Predators will get centre Kyle Turris from the Senators.

The Avalanche will receive prospects Samuel Girard, Vladislav Kamenev and a second-round pick from the Predators, and forward Shane Bowers, goaltender Andrew Hammond and a first- and third-round pick from the Senators.