Duchene to Sabres?

sweetlou

I can't see the Avs wanting quantity again.

Once Kane is gone Buffalo's LW left handed shot that can fly with Eichel is void for a bit.

Is there a mesh for a larger deal?

Landeskog and Duchene?

That is what I'd be interested in.

I just don't think the deal is there for us for Duchene. It'd have to be

Nylander + Guhle ++ in order to just placate Sakic

I just don't think the deal is there for us for Duchene. It'd have to be

Nylander + Guhle ++ in order to just placate Sakic

Maybe. I don't honestly know who'd they want defensively. I do believe McCabe or Guhle are the logical answer though.

Tough call honestly. Duchene presents an opportunity to solidify ROR and Okposo as a very solid second line. I think people tend to forget ROR is getting 7.50 mil a season, he will be given every opportunity to produce results that maximizes the return on that investment. And, just my opinion mind you, there is no denying the chemistry Duchene and ROR have shown. I was very impressed with them at the worlds.

Duchene, in my judgement, is the right fit for this team. But at what cost?

I'm sure there is a team that has the right pieces for COL to make a mutually beneficial (to the extent COL is capable) deal.

I don't think the Sabres are that team. I like where our team is now, and a Duchene deal from our end seems like it would require a drastic rethinking our prospect situation.

Unless COL is willing to do something even dumber than the ROR deal with us, I think we pass.

I'm sure there is a team that has the right pieces for COL to make a mutually beneficial (to the extent COL is capable) deal.

I don't think the Sabres are that team. I like where our team is now, and a Duchene deal from our end seems like it would require a drastic rethinking our prospect situation.

Unless COL is willing to do something even dumber than the ROR deal with us, I think we pass.

I do agree here, save this.....the pool is heavy RW'ers. I do believe Baptiste, Bailey and Fasching are NHL material. We have a pluthura of right handed shots at prospect wing positions. Moving 1 or 2 of them I do not believe would hinder our depth. I would of course prefer D or LW in return, just my vision of the situation is all.

We have lw depth in the prospect pool too

Not nearly as deep as RHS RW'ers Liger. And hi, finally nice to meet you. Read a great deal here, your posts are full of passion and often get myself to rethink my positions.

Just looking to what if scenarios right now. I advocate only what I surmise may make the team better is all.

http://www.sabresprospects.com/p/depth-chart.html

LW is definitely our weakest pipeline position. At least before factoring in a Mittelstadt move to LW on the chart.

Edit: our C depth is off the charts.

O'Reilly

Eichel

Reinhart

Larsson

Mittelstadt

Asplund

Pu

---

Not many league wide looking much better than that.

I should clarify. I think several centers who shot left will move to LW for Buffalo. Asplund and Mittelstadt come to mind.

Not nearly as deep as RHS RW'ers Liger. And hi, finally nice to meet you. Read a great deal here, your posts are full of passion and often get myself to rethink my positions.

Just looking to what if scenarios right now. I advocate only what I surmise may make the team better is all.

Welcome

That just doesn't feel like enough. Like when I read it it doesn't hurt even a little. Gotta think it starts at Reinhart or Risto.

Agree that the proposed package definitely wouldn't be enough. But I am not trading Reinhart or Ristolainen for Duchene, either, so the teams just don't seem to be good trade partners in this case. 

Now we are getting close to a deal. All these no's and passes are closer to what it will take.

Let's say Duchene and Landeskog for Risto, and Nylander

The forward for D market lately has bourne out the fact that Duchene and Landeskog together aren't worth just Ristolainen.

Edited by Thorny

There is NFW Colorado would give up Duchene and Landeskog for Risto and Nylander. It would take Risto and Reino.

There is NFW Buffalo would give up Ristolainen and Nylander for those 2, never mind Reinhart instead of Nylander.

Ristolainen is worth considerably more than either Duchene or Landeskog. We trade Ristolainen in a deal like that, and whatever makes Sakic a bad GM oozes over onto Botterill, Venom-symbiot style and he becomes the new Mr. Fleeced.

Edited by Thorny

There is NFW Colorado would give up Duchene and Landeskog for Risto and Nylander. It would take Risto and Reino.

And they are smoking some Colorado... for Risto... the more I think about it... I would want Duchene and something else back, especially given the market for defenders so Landeskog... but yeh doubt Colorado would do that with even Nylander thrown in, especially after their success with Girgerenko...

Risto has to be untouchable. I would not trade McCabe either. This team is thin on D to begin with so trading young D would be insane.

A Duchene to Sabres trade only happens if it centers on Reinhart or Kane and I don't see those happening. He isn't coming here, probably never was. 

Agreed.

There is NFW Buffalo would give up Ristolainen and Nylander for those 2, never mind Reinhart instead of Nylander.

Ristolainen is worth considerably more than either Duchene or Landeskog. We trade Ristolainen in a deal like that, and whatever makes Sakic a bad GM oozes over onto Botterill, Venom-symbiot style and he becomes the new Mr. Fleeced.

I agree that the Sabres wouldn’t make that trade at this point in time. I’m just trying to put the brakes on the Roy-for-Malkin proposals that are flying around in here.