Duchene to Sabres?

sweetlou

No, because some other teams THINK he might still be good one day.    My words were "while he has upside value to some people". Not to me. Maybe to you.

See, to me, value wise Reinhart has a lot of Turgeon in him. (Not similar play/style wise, but value wise.)

But whereas Turgeon was expected to carry the team, Reinhart has Eichel & O'Reilly to drive the team. Had Stinky Pete been the #3-5 cog, he could've been very successful. Total aside: Still amazed to this day that Meehan converted Turgeon into LaFontaine & Housley into Hawerchuk. If only Muckler could've realized Hasek was not only the best goalie of all time but actually better than Fuhr as well. Barring injuries & idiocy, what might have been, what might have been.

I think the Avs were a toxic environment -- I bet if Duchene is on Avs this season, he'll look really bad

Using the toxic environment when comparing to the Sabres doesn't work.  The Sabres environment was clearly not rainbows, unicorns, and cupcakes.  Both teams were bad, had bad problems, etc.

I think it was a liability last season. Consider our zone entry problems. When people like Reinhart or Foligno were on the ice, opposing d-men knew they weren't going to get beat and could play more aggressively in the neutral zone, etc. I think it affected our zone entries in a big way.

Also, that's assuming the team really needs something like that. I think, if our current d corps has success, there is no need to consider letting someone like Kane go. Ideally, Kane also puts up good numbers, establishes chemistry, and signs an extension during the season  :flirt:

Blaming zone entry problems on players when the coach wanted players to dump it in is a bit out of place isn't it?

Very few possession zone entries are created by a single player being elusive enough to get around the defender.  It's caused more by puck movement to isolate a lane in which an attacking player can gain the zone.

“My understanding – we’re going to touch more on this tonight in Insider Trading with Bob McKenzie and Pierre LeBrun – there’s still as many as eight teams in the mix. The Montreal Canadiens, I wouldn’t put them near the top of the list – they’re a team of interest. Marc Bergevin of course would have interest in Matt Duchene, that hasn’t changed. The problem that the Montreal Canadiens have is who on their defense are they willing to give up. They don’t have that right piece that is going to get a deal done or be part of a deal that gets done.

“But it seems like the Duchene saga is inching forward. But as Duchene said at least three times there, and the agent would echo it, they’re just looking at things now day by day.”

https://www.fanragsports.com/dreger-still-as-many-as-eight-teams-in-mix-for-duchene/

Scouts from Canucks, Canadiens, Ducks (two scouts), Blues, Flames, Devils and Sabres on hand for Avs, with Duchene in lineup

9:08 PM - 21 Sep 2017

Adrian Dater

Adrian Dater @adater

Scouts from Canucks, Canadiens, Ducks (two scouts), Blues, Flames, Devils and Sabres on hand for Avs, with Duchene in lineup

Thanks, much appreciated

Well, now that's something. The Ducks easily have the edge here, and with Getlzaf and Pery aging, probably the desperation to get it done. 

Ducks

Canucks

Canadiens

Blues

Sabres

Flames

Devils

My 5s ranking of the favorites here

Adrian DaterVerified account @adater

9:08 PM - 21 Sep 2017

Don't know if Dater still has those strong connections in the Avs organization. But what I do know is Duchene and O'Reilly play well together. It showed at the worlds as well.

Is there a chance? Who knows, but LW is a need to be sure, and Buffalo does have the ammo to pull off a deal.....so who knows...

Edited by Lucky E

Buffalo reportedly scouting Duchene.

LW is going to be a need I suspect. 2 s3asons at 6 mil left on his deal. Would be a good move in my opinion.

Hold up, the Sabres were scouting the Avalanche not necessary just Duchene. This is how misinformation happens. It is exactly like when the Toronto Sun claimed Murray didn't want Eichel after the draft lottery. 

Don't know if Dater still has those strong connections in the Avs organization. But what I do know is Duchene and O'Reilly play well together. It showed at the worlds as well.

Is there a chance? Who knows, but LW is a need to be sure, and Buffalo does have the ammo to pull off a deal.....so who knows...

What would you trade for Duchene?

Hold up, the Sabres were scouting the Avalanche not necessary just Duchene. This is how misinformation happens. It is exactly like when the Toronto Sun claimed Murray didn't want Eichel after the draft lottery. 

If you don't think Kane is going to re-sign, then Kane and any defenceman not named Risto or Scandella.

They'd have to add for McCabe or Guhle.

If you don't think Kane is going to re-sign, then Kane and any defenceman not named Risto or Scandella.

Why would Colorado want Kane? They were garbage last year and will likely be garbage this season while Kane is on the last year of his contract.

I mean, who else could they be scouting

Kane alone is better than Duchene