Duchene to Sabres?

sweetlou

I know the rumor was started on HockeyBuzz who I don't trust. It was also talked about on Instigators by Rivet and Peters, but this morning I began to think why not?

So ROR's last year with Colorado he played with Duchene and they both had their best years as pros. 

ROR- 28 goals, 36 assist= 64 points

Duchene- 23 goals, 47 assist= 70 points

So who would Buffalo have to give up, and would they be able to keep him long term past the two years he is signed for? Would they be able to keep Kane and Duchene?

Colorado is going no where for the next couple of years and wants prospects.

Nylander, any D prospect not named Guhle, and conditional pick in 2020 for Duchene?  If he resigns with Buffalo it becomes a first rd pick in 2020, if he is not resigned then it is a third rd pick.

Lineup-

Duchene- Eichel- Okposo

Kane- ROR- Reinhart

Pouliot- Josefson- Pomminstein

Girgensons- Larsson- Bailey

There's a reason Duchene hasn't moved yet, and it's because it would cost us 

Nylander + Risto + ??

And no, that's not an exaggeration 

Or Reinhart and Nylander plus a 3rd or something.

A 1st round pick in 2020 is pretty worthless to a team. At best you could lottery protect your 2018 pick or tell them they get 2019. 3 years out though, I wouldn't do that as a GM. 

There's no way Colorado lets us take them to the cleaners again. 

That's actually been reported (TSN guys) as a huge reason Colorado wants so much. We fleeced them so bad they don't just not want it to happen again, they want to make up for it. 

They might bite on Nylander + MiddleSEX (we really need to pump up the hype ... maybe tell them that he is a shoe in for the Hobey Baker and a Nobel) and our 1st in 2018, which may be lotto worthy.

Please God no.

Turd ... meet punch bowl .........

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

They might bite on Nylander + MiddleSEX (we really need to pump up the hype ... maybe tell them that he is a shoe in for the Hobey Baker and a Nobel) and our 1st in 2018, which may be lotto worthy.

I wouldn't trade 2 sub 20 year olds on a rebuilding team for a 26 year old about to hit UFA status. That is just a bad plan in the cap world. Especially when your star is only 20. 

So you would trade Nylander AND Mittlestadt for Duchene?

I wouldn't trade 2 sub 20 year olds on a rebuilding team for a 26 year old about to hit UFA status. That is just a bad plan in the cap world. Especially when your star is only 20. 

Well said.

So you would trade Nylander AND Mittlestadt for Duchene?

Pretty sure NS is being sarcastic 

Yes.  I would provided he was signed long-term either before, or as part of, the trade (somehow ... see above).

I wouldn't make that trade under any circumstances currently. 

Are sign and trades a thing in the NHL like in bouncy ball?

Doesn't matter if you could sign him to an extension b4 the trade. The fact is he will be paid like a 27 year old UFA with decent career numbers, probably about 7or more million. Or you can have Mittelstadt and Nylander on entry level deals making combined less than that. It is cap economics. 

Also his deal is for 2 more years. You can't negotiate or at least have him sign a contract until July 1, 2018. That means we would have to wait until this offseason to make this trade and my gut says we won't make this trade in the offseason or even remotely want to. 

Duchene might improve the team next year more than Nylander and Middlestadt but I would expect those players to hold more value longer and the goal is to win a Cup. Duchene does not put us over the top so I would rather roll with players closer in age to our superstar center.

Are sign and trades a thing in the NHL like in bouncy ball?

I think they are allowed but no one uses them anyway. It wouldn't be possible for Colorado to do it right now anyway though. By rule you can't start negotiating a contract extension until the final season of their deal so the earliest Duchene can be extended is July 1, 2018.

It's such a TM type move.  I hope Jbot is to smart for such a deal.  Why do we want to pick up another $6 mill cap hit for a player from a loser organization?  Enough of these kind of deals.  We can no longer mortgage the future to try to win yesterday.  

Also didn't Duchene center for ROR that "great" season?

It's such a TM type move.  I hope Jbot is to smart for such a deal.  Why do we want to pick up another $6 mill cap hit for a player from a loser organization?  Enough of these kind of deals.  We can no longer mortgage the future to try to win yesterday.  

Also didn't Duchene center for ROR that "great" season?

Yup, that is what I thought.