Rodrigues-Mittelstadt-Okposo

Bailey-Sobotka-Pominville

Reserves:  Wilson, Girgensons

Scandella-Ristolainen

Dahlin-McCabe

Beaulieu-Bogosian*/Nelson

Reserve:  Nelson*/Tennyson

*Depending on Bogosian's health.

Best line-up I have seen and really hope this happens..it actually looks like a real team with potential. I do have a bad feeling that it's going to be another crappy start to the season......

9 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Does anyone have the full list of who is left now?

I think it looks like this and I think were one player over the 23 man limit and one of the forwards is going to have to go. When Larsson is healthy do they waive him or send Nylander/Thomspson down? I hope Larsson is the odd-man out, we've seen what he brings and he's been tainted by the tank. Bring in the youth.

Forwards (15)

Skinner-Eichel-Reinhart

Nylander-Berglund-Thompson

Rodrigues-Mittelstadt-Okposo

Wilson-Sobotka-Pominville

Reserves: Girgensons, Sheary, Larsson

Defense (7)

Scandella-Ristolainen

Dahlin-McCabe

Beaulieu-Bogosian

Nelson

Goalies (2)

Hutton

Ullmark

10 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

I think Pilut hasn't been sent down either but my guess would be that he is as well.

Guhle and Pilut don’t have to be waived. Doesn’t mean they haven’t been/wont be sent down. The issue would be Bogo and Hunwick’s health.

Sad for Bailey and Baptiste, but ecstatic if this means Thompson and Nylander are here. Sheary and Larsson’s health could require another move.

as for Tennyson, $&*# yeah!

This looks like exactly the young guns lineup I wanted to watch this year.

If it holds, thank you Jason and Phil.

10 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Asking from ignorance, in what situation would we put guys who have to go through waivers, through waivers, and risk losing them, if we weren't planning on sending them down?

Possibly to kick start some trade discussions? That’s about all I’ve got. These aren’t the guys you throw out there Smith style to try to get a contract off your hands. 

14 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Yes they have.  All three have been waived for reassignment to the AHL, according to Die by the Blade.

Warning, the following response contains Extraordinary Levels of Pedantry: Not necessarily.  They can be sent down within 30 days or before they play 10 games if they clear, but are not required to (they'd just have to be waived again before being sent down once one of those becomes the case).  Somebody could hurt a knee, spontaneously combust, get caught crossing the border with a whole bunch of schedule II narcotics between now and Tuesday, when final (opening night) rosters need to go in.  Of course, there's no mechanism like there is in baseball to recall someone from waivers if claimed, so you're 99.9% right.

Though, to answer @Randall Flagg 's question above, there is literally no reason they'd be waived if that wasn't the idea.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

Yes they have.  All three have been waived for reassignment to the AHL, according to Die by the Blade.

They’ve just been waived. Doesn’t mean they need to be sent down.

Die By the Blade is just a blog. It’s not a reputable source. They’re just speculating that they’ve been waived to be sent down. I would assume that’s the case but they don’t need to be sent down.

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Asking from ignorance, in what situation would we put guys who have to go through waivers, through waivers, and risk losing them, if we weren't planning on sending them down?

Gives you flexibility or they may have thought they’re more likely to sneak them through waivers today vs another later date.

Edited by Hoss
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

We have like 3 more moves to make it seems, right? Adding Guhle and Pilut to Mustache of God's list. 

probably one forward and two defensemen. Probably Guhle, Pilut, and then one of Girg/Larsson/Wilson/Tage/Nylander/Mitts. 

Preferably Beaulieu, Guhle, and Larry IMO

I agree with most of this but would also point out that they could keep 8 D and 13 F instead of 7 D and 14 F.  In that case they would waive 2 F and 1 D.  

3 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Die By the Blade is just a blog. It’s not a reputable source. They’re just speculating that they’ve been waived to be sent down. I would assume that’s the case but they don’t need to be sent down.

Gives you flexibility or they may have thought they’re more likely to sneak them through waivers today vs another later date.

How often has a team ever done this? 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New post:

IMO, they're getting sent down because they're not very good and didn't make the team.

Just now, nfreeman said:

I agree with most of this but would also point out that they could keep 8 D and 13 F instead of 7 D and 14 F.  In that case they would waive 2 F and 1 D.  

I guess I was kind of assuming Hunwick was still around in that case, but I forgot that his injury sounds long-term. 

12 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

How often has a team ever done this?

Happens a couple times of season off the top of my head. Likely more since I don’t really stare at the waiver wire too often.

I’m not saying it’s likely. I’m just saying it’s possible.

Edited by Hoss

6 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Diausm By the Blade is just a blog. It’s not a reputable source. They’re just speculating that they’ve been waived to be sent down. I would assume that’s the case but they don’t need to be sent down.

The ONLY reasons they would have waived them today with an intention of not sending them down would be because they think they can send them down now with no scrutiny but couldn't later in October, which is implausible, or they have a trade worked out with a team that wants them for their own farm team but don't want to risk losing them via a waiver claim by somebody else.  So, IF they clear, the Sabres could trade them & the other team wouldn't have to risk losing them by putting them on their own farm team.

Of course in that 2nd scenario, they still most likely get sent down if the trade doesn't happen immediately.

Also:  I’m interested in the sub-plot of what happens with Nylander and Thompson when Sheary and Larsson return, which could be as early as 3-4 days from now.  

It’s probably fair to say that neither of them has made the team just yet — and we won’t know until Sheary and Larsson return.  

We should hope that at least 1 of Nylander and TT has shown enough to force JBott to waive Larsson, Wilson or Zemgus when push comes to shove.  And that each of Nylander and TT realizes that this is where they are, and works like crazy this week in practice.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.