Rodrigues signed: 2-year, 2-way deal

dudacek

Just another move to appease Lord Jack 

:P

haha, yeah, nice wedding gift for ERod, however, I don't think he deserves a one-way deal.   

doesn't necessarily mean he'll be playing with the big club tho, both Nelson and Ullmark are on one-ways.

It always amazes me how much difference there is in AHL vs NHL salary on the two-way deals....   Nylander 70K/yr in AHL, 832k/yr NHL.    

A one-way deal is huge for these guys.

haha, yeah, nice wedding gift for ERod, however, I don't think he deserves a one-way deal.

doesn't necessarily mean he'll be playing with the big club tho, both Nelson and Ullmark are on one-ways.

It always amazes me how much difference there is in AHL vs NHL salary on the two-way deals.... Nylander 70K/yr in AHL, 832k/yr NHL.

A one-way deal is huge for these guys.

I think that's the way it should be. The players have it written out before them that they will make great money if they work very hard, and if not, then they won't. It takes away the guessing games and allows the player to have control over their own monetary promotion. You do "x", you get "y". You don't do "x", you get "z".

Good for him.  I wouldn't be surprised if he carves out a Brian Flynn/Tim Kennedy sorta 3-6 years of an NHL paycheck.

He's making more his second year out of college than I'm making after 30+ years out of college.  Good for him.  (We won't comment about me.)

IMO If E-Rod is part of this team we still stink

a small soft forward who scores a hand full of goals does not equal a Big Z (or another player who is) scoring a hand full of goals and for-checking and killing penalties and can hit and get under the skin of the other team, especially in the playoffs

again just IMO

I like the 2-way signing he is a great Roch. guy and call-up if someone gets hurt but not much more

IMO If E-Rod is part of this team we still stink

a small soft forward who scores a hand full of goals does not equal a Big Z (or another player who is) scoring a hand full of goals and for-checking and killing penalties and can hit and get under the skin of the other team, especially in the playoffs

again just IMO

I like the 2-way signing he is a great Roch. guy and call-up if someone gets hurt but not much more

I think the one-way deal means they want him to be a leader in Rochester.    His AHL salary in year one is $225k, which is a lot for AHL level.     He seems to have good leadership qualities, just not the stature to play at the NHL level.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.