3 Sabres file for arbitration

GASabresIUFAN

Take it from someone that hears proper French daily , its not.

Who ever said anything about "proper French".    It's how he wants his name pronounced.    My last name sounds nothing like it should in it's native language, but that's they way we pronounce it because that's our preference.   

Who ever said anything about "proper French".    It's how he wants his name pronounced.    My last name sounds nothing like it should in it's native language, but that's they way we pronounce it because that's our preference.   

As much as it pains me to agree with pi, he's right.  The pronunciation of my name in its native Polish is nothing like the way Americans (including my family) say it.

Take it from someone that hears proper French daily , its not.

Pretty sure he doesn't even go w/ the French Canadian version of the pronunciation. There's NO WAY he's running w/ Proper French pronunciation. Waaaay too dangerous for a hockey player. Throwing a check while skating w/ that many marbles in one's mouth could definitely lead to potential accidental asphyxiation. :p

Pretty sure he doesn't even go w/ the French Canadian version of the pronunciation. There's NO WAY he's running w/ Proper French pronunciation. Waaaay too dangerous for a hockey player. Throwing a check while skating w/ that many marbles in one's mouth could definitely lead to potential accidental asphyxiation. :P

People manage to both succeed and fail at the same time with the so called correct pronunciation Benoit Pouliot's name.

People manage to both succeed and fail at the same time with the so called correct pronunciation Benoit Pouliot's name.

His last name should rhyme with a rapper from the 90's, right? And I've never said he name out loud, so it's hard to say which way I'd go.

Bowl-you! It's pronounced Bowl-you!

Yup, that's it.

He's the guy I'm most interested in from an arbitration standpoint. Gotta get him locked up beforehand to a good contract, it's of vital importance.

Lehner, not sure I have an opinion one way or another. I honestly don't like going into a season knowing that if Lehner is in net, and the game isn't decided in regulation or OT, it is a GUARANTEED loss. Not when playoffs are the goal and those points matter. I hope his ridiculous shootout stats are brought up if he gets a hearing.

I don't care one iota if Larsson is on this team.

His last name should rhyme with a rapper from the 90's, right? And I've never said he name out loud, so it's hard to say which way I'd go.

On television it's usually just pronounced "Pool - ee - Ott".

As much as it pains me to agree with pi, he's right.  The pronunciation of my name in its native Polish is nothing like the way Americans (including my family) say it.

Doohickski???

he is... like literally 

pic_detail4de7dd53e7a88.png

post-4541-0-43113200-1499378371_thumb.jpg

Speaking for myself, I know I can sleep much better as a result of getting clarification on Beaulieu's name pronunciation (thanks, pi).  Now, if we can get his contract set.  . .

Edited by tfighter

Same here. I've seen an instance where someone was using the English phonetic spelling of my last name as their last name (presumably changed while immigrating by the ancestor or immigration person). I. E., Using the Bowlyou spelling instead of Beaulieu.

Larsson signed. 2 x $1.475

Just saw that, think it works for both and if Larrson picks it up with new system, still think he may and Girgenson combo may be our best two checking 3rd fouth line combo. Throw one of the young guys like Bailey there to let him develop further and that would be an awesome 4th line imo. Or put Larry up on one the other lines as a forechecker pest. Be interesting, him Kane and maybe Sam together... might work... ?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.