Sabres sign Pouliot to 1 yr 1.15 M Deal

Brawndo

Exactly what I just asked for. Larsson's winger to replace Foligno?

Blatantly copy-pasted from the poster Husko on hfboards at this link: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showpost.php?p=134198657&postcount=26

RNH

W/ Pouliot: 1.99 GF/60 - 1.45 GA/60

W/O Pouliot: 1.61 GF/60 - 2.54 GA/60

Kassian

W/ Pouliot: 2.72 GF/60 - 1.88 GA/60

W/O Pouliot: 1.22 GF/60 - 2.19 GA/60

Eberle

W/ Pouliot: 1.87 GF/60 - 1.87 GA/60

W/O Pouliot: 1.74 GF/60 - 2.14 GA/60

Great stats.

His 5 vs 5 was also way better than his overall stats indicated.

Oilers only bought out Pouliot to create room to sign McDavid.

They loved his leadership and locker room presence.  Another character move that will add stability to the locker room. 

It's obvious that Bots believes in building a strong lockerroom that will help show the younger players how to be a true pro.  I think that's one thing the Sabres missed with TM.  Veterans really didn't have a solid presence, whether it was their lack of ability or because of Disco Dan's lack of communication.  Either way it seemed some of the younger players were on different pages and no one stepped in to straighten things out.

Great stats.

His 5 vs 5 was also way better than his overall stats indicated.

Oilers only bought out Pouliot to create room to sign McDavid.

They loved his leadership and locker room presence.  Another character move that will add stability to the locker room. 

It's obvious that Bots believes in building a strong lockerroom that will help show the younger players how to be a true pro.  I think that's one thing the Sabres missed with TM.  Veterans really didn't have a solid presence, whether it was their lack of ability or because of Disco Dan's lack of communication.  Either way it seemed some of the younger players were on different pages and no one stepped in to straighten things out.

Have you read the bolded above somewhere? Please share.

Most of what I've read/seen of Benoit is frustrating inconsistency and even more frustrating, poorly timed penalties. Still, as I said, an upgrade over Foligno, especially in skill imo.

Edited by GrassValleyGreg

Have you read the bolded above somewhere? Please share.

Most of what I've read/seen of Benoit is frustrating inconsistency and even more frustrating, poorly timed penalties. Still, as I said, an upgrade over Foligno, especially in skill imo.

That whole description has $1.25 million written all over it.

If the best wingers we can get Jack are Girgensons and Baptise/Bailey he should be screaming to be traded immediately.

To me Kane and/or Okoposo are first liners. Girgenson should be Centering the 3rd line and Sam should be a winger on the second line. Pommer or Moulson also could be alternating 2nd liners.

If we sign Vanek, drop Moulson, put Poliot on the 4th line and get rid of Gorges that's a playoff roster.

Anyone know if could buy out Gorges and make him an assistant coach?

Could be a good chance he does. He has underperformed his whole career unfortunately.

Underperformed what? His draft status? He's been a reliable 2nd/3rd line player about his entire career. That's hardly "balls" worthy. Though possible he has a second down year in a row, I don't think it's likely.

I love this signing. This is the type of deal on F & D I kept hoping TM would do. A guy coming off an off year, but who will likely get back to 30-35 here. Great value. The best part is if he doesn't pan out it only cost $1 mill or so.

So far Jbot has been cap smart on his deals (ok, 2.5 for Johnson is a little much but also of little consequence this year), But also upside performance wise. Benoit and Nathan should really flourish here. Scandella should also get a bigger role. Pommers replaces the leadership of Gionta, but with more offense.

Dudacek, I been thinking along the same lines. Each of these moves seems to imply that Sam might just end up as our 3rd center.

Does he send Gorges down next?

Edited by GASabresFan

Underperformed what? His draft status? He's been a reliable 2nd/3rd line player about his entire career. That's hardly "balls" worthy. Though possible he has a second down year in a row, I don't think it's likely.

Do you even get the whole "balls" nickname thing? Has nothing to do with his play. But, as I said, he had tons of potential to be a 1st/2nd liner and hasn't come close. Not to mention, he is not gonna protect Jack like Marcus could. Team is slowly getting softer and I don't like it. What we need is a Lucic or Kassian, like the Oil. Marcus was that player for us. Oh wait, I forgot we still have D-Lo.

Edited by Claude Balls

Do you even get the whole "balls" nickname thing? Has nothing to do with his play. But, as I said, he had tons of potential to be a 1st/2nd liner and hasn't come close. Not to mention, he is not gonna protect Jack like Marcus could. Team is slowly getting softer and I don't like it. What we need is a Lucic or Kassian, like the Oil. Marcus was that player for us. Oh wait, I forgot we still have D-Lo.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Wa_balls

I love this signing. This is the type of deal on F & D I kept hoping TM would do. A guy coming off an off year, but who will likely get back to 30-35 here. Great value. The best part is if he doesn't pan out it only cost $1 mill or so.

So far Jbot has been cap smart on his deals (ok, 2.5 for Johnson is a little much but also of little consequence this year), But also upside performance wise. Benoit and Nathan should really flourish here. Scandella should also get a bigger role. Pommers replaces the leadership of Gionta, but with more offense.

Dudacek, I been thinking along the same lines. Each of these moves seems to imply that Sam might just end up as our 3rd center.

Does he send Gorges down next?

Seriously, Stempniak should have been a Sabre last year. Not because it would have made a huge difference, but because of basic roster construction. 

I dunno folks. Lots of high fives in here for this signing.

In my opinion, the best thing about it is that It's only a one year contract.

He's a middle six forward signed for 1 year almost at the league minimum at a position the Sabres are in desperate need for some depth.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.