Sabres sign Pouliot to 1 yr 1.15 M Deal

Brawndo

Since the offseason is the time for high fantasy, I'll just pretend he's our Conor Sheary.

Funny thing about Conor Sheary...He was just an anonymous 5'8 175 lb. college player at UMass Amherst. He started dating Mike Sullivan's neice. Then they got engaged. Then Sullivan brought him to Wilkes-Barre and then to Pittsburgh when he was hired midseason. Two years, two Stanley Cups. End of story?  

He played a whopping 2 games in April after he signed and somebody thought enough of him to pay him damn near 1M a year.  You might be right, I'm just throwing his name back out there because of his skill set.  I forgot about Rodrigues as well.  Do either of them pan out?  Maybe not. 

That's the thing - his skill set is not NHL level. I was at one of those two games. Rodrigues isn't great, but he's head and shoulders above CJ

Funny thing about Conor Sheary...He was just an anonymous 5'8 175 lb. college player at UMass Amherst. He started dating Mike Sullivan's neice. Then they got engaged. Then Sullivan brought him to Wilkes-Barre and then to Pittsburgh when he was hired midseason. Two years, two Stanley Cups. End of story?

Really? Wow, never heard that before, that's incredible

Could very well be. We'll see him crack the line up this year, especially if Kane is dealt. I like E Rod a lot.

Kane is the kind of impact player that teams have to adjust their defense for. He's hard on the forecheck, he's fast, he's difficult to handle. ERod is a decent player, but he's none of those things. 

None of that means anything to me.  It's like looking at abstract art.

Looking up Pouiliot, I was surprised that he seems to be on a different team every year...I wonder why he has not stuck, if it's some personality thing or is he just inconsistent...Seems like a solid 15-19 goal man...

One of the most undisciplined players in the league. Stupid penalties can quickly wear out one's welcome. 

Plus flashes of high skill with inconsistency can also frustrate.

Still, an upgrade over Foligno, imo. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.