Marco Scandella/Jason Pominville traded to Sabres for Ennis/Foligno

Brawndo

Okay so what does our Defense look like?

McCabe - Risto

Baloo - Scandella

Antipin - Bogo

Gorges?

RHD Rasmus Ristolainen 

LHD  Jake McCabe

RHD Viktor Antipin

LHD Marco Scandella

RHD Zach Bogosian

LHD Nathan Beaulieu

The great thing about Antipin which I read up on is that he is interchangeable as a righty or lefty and is just as effective on the right side. I still wouldn't rule out a trade of Kane for another top defensemen and maybe buying out Bogo if that happens, just my opinions.

Marcus will be better suited for the West where Anaheim still like to fight and carry on. he'll never top his career best 13 goals and poor Tyler...one hit and he's done. meanwhile, the population of Pomminstein will go up more then these two guys combined...

One neat point on a MN message board... Foligno's qualifying offer extended was $2.5M. I wonder in a daydreamy way if they spin him elsewhere... maybe Columbus.

I LOVE today's trade. From a hockey perspective, I won't miss Foligno too much. I believe he is fairly easily replaceable from one of our prospect forwards. But from a fan perspective, I'll miss him. If he winds up getting flipped to Columbus (where I attend a handful of games each year and casually root for the Jackets), and he gets to play with his Brother, well that would be pretty neat.

I gotta sayI will miss Marcus Foligno - people could never get over him not being that guy he teased during his first call-up.

He was the epitome of a solid tough third liner.

He fought through the tank and wanted to be here for the better times.

I bet he's hurting right now.

Well, I'll say: Lydman was effing really good while not being great at any one thing.

If Scandella is merely a poor man's Lydman, we will be in good stead.

This is a good comparable from what I've seen around the interwebs. Solid, can score a little, can defend well, plays on special teams. I think ideally he's on your second D-pair.  Sounds great.

I gotta sayI will miss Marcus Foligno - people could never get over him not being that guy he teased during his first call-up.

I was just thinking this. He's Nick Bonino without the chance at playoff success.

Great move for the Sabres! and not bad for Minny.

Their D line is strong so they can absorb the loss and Ennis is younger than Pom and I would rather have him than Pom but great trade by JB. Also, Minny sheds some salary (for free agency?).

Scandella is a good D man and I bet he is on the ice a lot when Eichel is. If Pom has a resurgence with Buffalo, look out. IF he plays with Eichel, I'll bet he gets at least 55 points......The Sabres are kind of like the Jets in that potential is nice but it is time to start making the playoffs consistently. Great trade for the Sabres.

What a great time of the year with all the drafts and rumors and trades. Having said that, I sure hope Chevy doesn't overpay for any of the LHD. Love to have Alzner but he will cost too much. Don't have a need for Shatty. I still think Chevy might have a deal with Vegas if he doesn't get someone in free agency. Said it before and say it again, would like to see Lehner in a Jets' uni.

Can't be worse for him than it was for his old man. Went from Detroit & Sabres captain to the friggin' Loafs. At least Marcus didn't go to a team that's been despised in earlier stops.

Good luck to Marcus. He'll be missed but the price was just getting too high for a 3rd liner & he was moved to fill a desperate hole on the roster.

So in effect we traded:

Veteran Pominville + Sekera + Grigorenko + Ennis + Foligno ==> More Veteraner Pominville + Scandella + O'Reilly + Larsson + Karabacek + (the rights to Vesey lost)

Also... 4/12/2013's forward lineup for your enlightenment...  Our centers are better now.

Ott - Hodgson - Pominville

Foligno - Ennis - Stafford

Adam - Porter - Flynn

Gerbe - Hecht - Kaleta

Edited by DarthEbriate

Okay so what does our Defense look like?

McCabe - Risto

Baloo - Scandella

Antipin - Bogo

Gorges?

That's exactly my thoughts as well.    He could be a very good 2nd PP guy setup in his usual spot for one-Ts.  

Scandella - Risto

McCabe - BowlU

Bogo - Gorges

Falk

My guess is:

Scandella - Ristolainen

McCabe - Bogosian

Beaulieu - Antipin

Gorges - designated press box sitter until inevitable Bogosian injury.

I think Taro has it, as I don't think Scandella or Beaulieu will play on the right. We have our LD, and our RD too, if Antipin can play. The variable is whether we keep Bogo, I suppose.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.