Marco Scandella/Jason Pominville traded to Sabres for Ennis/Foligno

Brawndo

I think it's a win-win for both teams really, the Wild needed much needed cap relief, now they don't have to lose D Matt Dumba and they can resign Granlund since they got 5M in cap relief with this trade. For us we get a top 2 line defensemen, he obviously isn't a goal scorer, he doesn't hit either but he's a guy who will get the puck out of our own zone fast, plays the boards well and is a 20 min a night player, we also got someone to take Ennis off our hands which is friggin awesome, he's been a disappointment for quite awhile, I'm not a fan of Pomminstein, I wasn't a fan of him back in the day and now he's basically a shell of that person but he'll be a good mentor for our kids which is essential. 

Ideally he slots into what was Gionta's projected role (right down to the point of having the 'C' stripped from his chest) - 3rd line RW, 2nd pp, 2nd/3rd pk pairing.

That's exactly my thoughts as well.    He could be a very good 2nd PP guy setup in his usual spot for one-Ts.  

Okay so what does our Defense look like?

McCabe - Risto

Baloo - Scandella

Antipin - Bogo

Gorges?

Scandella - Risto

McCabe - BowlU

Bogo - Gorges

Falk

Okay so what does our Defense look like?

McCabe - Risto

Baloo - Scandella

Antipin - Bogo

Gorges?

My guess is:

Scandella - Ristolainen

McCabe - Bogosian

Beaulieu - Antipin

Gorges - designated press box sitter until inevitable Bogosian injury.

I think it's a win-win for both teams really, the Wild needed much needed cap relief, now they don't have to lose D Matt Dumba and they can resign Granlund since they got 5M in cap relief with this trade. For us we get a top 2 line defensemen, he obviously isn't a goal scorer, he doesn't hit either but he's a guy who will get the puck out of our own zone fast, plays the boards well and is a 20 min a night player, we also got someone to take Ennis off our hands which is friggin awesome, he's been a disappointment for quite awhile, I'm not a fan of Pomminstein, I wasn't a fan of him back in the day and now he's basically a shell of that person but he'll be a good mentor for our kids which is essential

Yeah I guess, but you'd hope after a couple years in the league the kids would start to figure things out on their own.     

My first thought - Captain Creampuff back?  Really?    Harkens to the soft old days of yore.

But after about 5 seconds - I think this is an outstanding move  - for sure Pominville will be far  far, more productive than Ennis - Ennis will likely play even worse this upcoming season than last, poor as that was.  And we have big guys who can drop the gloves and hit hard, so Pominville's lack of physicality isn't material.

And a good defensive acquisition too!   For Foligno?  He's just merely meh.   Hard worker but we had a huge need in defense.

No way around it -  Brilliant trade!    Wild fans must be in tears - I'll have to check a forum or two.   

I think ppl underestimate just how much of an achor Dan Bylsma and his whiteboard predictable attack were a drag on the team. Like Titanic's anchor on the SS Minnow. 

I couldn't agree more and the players couldn't escape from it because he was constantly preaching to trust the system.  He thought it was a player issue and my hunch is so did Murray.  He's a smart hockey guy I'm sure but he couldn't wrap his mind around the concept that the system needed to evolve around the players - not that the players needed to evolve to the system.  I know there has to be a system but the system should lend to individual creativity and that's what Dan was trying to shut down. 

I couldn't agree more and the players couldn't escape from it because he was constantly preaching to trust the system.  He thought it was a player issue and my hunch is so did Murray.  He's a smart hockey guy I'm sure but he couldn't wrap his mind around the concept that the system needed to evolve around the players - not that the players needed to evolve to the system.  I know there has to be a system but the system should lend to individual creativity and that's what Dan was trying to shut down. 

If it was all on Bylsma, why is JBOT making these moves?   I guarantee he replaces at least half of the bottom 6, and he's already replaced half the defense.     I don't think Bylsma had much to work with and he's getting a bad rap for it.

Oh, pity poor Eleven.

Just stop it... stop.  Seriously, stop.  Your skills are too much.  

What is it - her avatar? (Sorry.)

Ideally he slots into what was Gionta's projected role (right down to the point of having the 'C' stripped from his chest) - 3rd line RW, 2nd pp, 2nd/3rd pk pairing.

Right.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.