Marco Scandella/Jason Pominville traded to Sabres for Ennis/Foligno

Brawndo

I do not necessarily wish kane traded IF we are going to re-sign him...if we aren't then yes trade him NOW. Do not let him walk next summer for nothing.

As for this trade, getting a top-4 d-man is a steal in the trade. I loved Tyler but one more hit and  well he is in serious trouble. Foligno fought okay but who fights much anymore? Certainly not either of the Cup finalist. Pommer can obviously do so much more then either player we gave and I am dumbfounded Minnesota gave us such a good d-man for basically nothing. Our defense just  became very good...

ok

haven't signed Vanek and I still disagree about trading Kane. We finally get a fast, strong winger who can score and people want him traded

He's got the speed and forechecking tenacity for what JBott and I assume Housley want to do.

Unless his contract demands are unreasonable, he's a welcome player in this lineup. Keeping him means bridging Reinhart, I would think, but Gorges coming off the books allows you to give Kane a modest bump, and then Pominville and Moulson expire as the Eichel hit comes into play. Kane can be retained. It may mean short-changing McCabe when it's his turn to become a $4M top-four guy. This is why JBott is our GM.

I tried to approach this trade from Minnesota's point of view.

While I suspect Minnesota hates Pominville as much as Buffalo hates Ennis, they save 1m in cap, but 2m in actual dollars. So I think, in the end, it's a fracking deal (front loading contracts so you can rid yourself of bad contracts to teams trying to make money).

Scandella has become their 5th best defenseman, and at 4m cap, and escalating dollar amounts, he needed to go.

I don't think it's a good trade for Minnesota on the ice, but it will save them some dollars the next couple years.

I think it's a good trade for Botterill, I think Scandella's a legitimate second pair

I'm most interested in who gets PK ice time if Georges is in the press box. Risto/Georges were OK, Risto/McCabe together last year were terrible.

Why would they hate Pommers?  He got them 40 even strength points last year...

How many did Ennis give us? 10?

He's got the speed and forechecking tenacity for what JBott and I assume Housley want to do.

Unless his contract demands are unreasonable, he's a welcome player in this lineup. Keeping him means bridging Reinhart, I would think, but Gorges coming off the books allows you to give Kane a modest bump, and then Pominville and Moulson expire as the Eichel hit comes into play. Kane can be retained. It may mean short-changing McCabe when it's his turn to become a $4M top-four guy. This is why JBott is our GM.

trust me I'd love to get Kane re-signed. Just still have nightmares of Darcy hanging onto both Danny and Drury then losing both for absolutely nothing. You simply cannot let Kane play out this season then let him walk for nothing after all we gave up for him

Can someone sell me on Scandella? I keep looking at his points and possession numbers and his age and I am just kinda like meh.

He's kind of a jack of all trades guy. No one thing is going to wow you, but he can be effective in a variety of situations, and he's been a legit top-4 on good teams. Nobody is going to confuse him with Subban, but he's still a major upgrade to our blue line...and we got him almost for free.

He's kind of a jack of all trades guy. No one thing is going to wow you, but he can be effective in a variety of situations, and he's been a legit top-4 on good teams. Nobody is going to confuse him with Subban, but he's still a major upgrade to our blue line...and we got him almost for free.

Can he skate? and is he smarter than Bogo?

To be fair, I don't think Scandella is the type of guy anybody loves. He's basically what we hope McCabe continues to develop into.

To the first, yes. To the second...c'mon, man!

I've been burned so many times, I have Sabres player PTSD. 

I still kinda think Bogo will rebound and suddenly our defense becomes a real asset and with the other guys we've added should be fine this year. I do think a bunch of other teams would have loved to get Scandella and we basically got him for nothing

The 5th post suggests Ennis is a center... lols

I figure that Pommers and Okposo are our #1 and #2 RW's. Is this wrong? 

I don't see Pommers in the top 6, he'll be a role guy at best.   This isn't the same guy BUF traded a few years back.

haven't signed Vanek and I still disagree about trading Kane. We finally get a fast, strong winger who can score and people want him traded

I agree, he's the type of guy BUF needs to keep around; never understood the must trade Kane now idea.

How do you figure?

Only the bad stats tho, right? The good stats, like Eichels ppg, are because of the players overcoming Bylsma's attempt to sabotage the team. Am I doing this right?

I'm glad Foligno is gone, he sucked, he's not NHL caliber IMO. Sad to see Ennis go, thought he was primed was a big season.

Pi is teaching us an important lesson, kids: Use psychodelic drugs early in the day so you can enjoy nature drenched in sunlight. You get the most value out of your high that way.

This is amazing... you made this?

See, now he's somehow forgotten that Josie is an incredible artist.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.