Sabres pick #8 Casey Mittlestadt

spndnchz

Reinhart will be gone by then.

I think this is a fan narrative that has become a bit out of hand. Straight from JBotts mouth:

"We view him with having a great skill level, plays with pace," Sabres General Manager Jason Botterill said. "We just think he can fit well within our group of dynamic players such as Jack Eichel, Ryan O’Reilly and Sam Reinhart within the next couple years."

http://buffalonews.com/2017/06/23/one-minnesotan-another-mittelstadt-happy-go-sabres/

Clearly he thinks Sam is part of the future.

I think this is a fan narrative that has become a bit out of hand. Straight from JBotts mouth:

"We view him with having a great skill level, plays with pace," Sabres General Manager Jason Botterill said. "We just think he can fit well within our group of dynamic players such as Jack Eichel, Ryan O’Reilly and Sam Reinhart within the next couple years."

http://buffalonews.com/2017/06/23/one-minnesotan-another-mittelstadt-happy-go-sabres/

Did you not see two posts later?

"We view him with having a great skill level, plays with pace," Sabres General Manager Jason Botterill said. "We just think he can fit well within our group of dynamic players such as Jack Eichel, Ryan O’Reilly and Sam Reinhart within the next couple years."http://buffalonews.com/2017/06/23/one-minnesotan-another-mittelstadt-happy-go-sabres/

Clearly trying to pump him up to other GMs.

We've is right. This is fun.

Middlestadt in German means "Centercity". LMAO. I wanted Vilardi, and didn't expect him to fall. For those who are afraid because he cannot do a pull up, get over it. He can skate very well.

Sweet. Remember how the Joe used to play "Warm it Up, Kris" when Maltby scored? And a jig for Shanahan. Every time Casey scores we can blare some Petula Clark. Preferably a German cover mit Technofieber.

It sort of exists. If I could only splice the lyrics of this.

With the stunning visuals and...strings?... of this.

Kudos to anyone who watches the second link. It's pretty amazing when the word drops. Or rolls through.

Clearly trying to pump him up to other GMs.

We've is right. This is fun.

Yeah, ever notice how teams run down a player and bench them and call them out in public then all of a sudden want the moon and the stars for them come trade talks? JBot's got the right idea..talk all loving of Sam to raise his value. Very sneaky there Jay...

It's a sign of character.. what his values are. Like A. Matthews chasing the money in Europe instead of finishing high school so he could play college. Good on Casey M. for putting the sport he loves ahead of personal financial gain.

It's like an arrested developmeny running joke. It's still funny.

Here me now believe me later ????

Isn't there a quote from Casey that he doesn't care about his performances at the combine that he just wants to play hockey? Maybe he just didn't give .

Here me now believe me later

Isn't there a quote from Casey that he doesn't care about his performances at the combine that he just wants to play hockey? Maybe he just didn't give ######.

Maybe he wanted to play in Buffalo and he knew a poor combine would drop him to us in the draft /s

Maybe he wanted to play in Buffalo and he knew a poor combine would drop him to us in the draft /s

Lol, I just think he wasn't in a pro type conditioning and strength program. Mittelstadt will be fine. Edited by LGR4GM

We'll have to see how the off season goes but my suspicion is that he'll split his time fairly evenly between Buffalo and Rochester.

Based on his play and JBot's development strategy, I'd say that's right.

Good training camp might earn him a few games early, but I see him having to earn a call-up through better AHL play.

Based on his play and JBot's development strategy, I'd say that's right.

Good training camp might earn him a few games early, but I see him having to earn a call-up through better AHL play.

AKA...

The right way of developing young prospects.

Not that the Sabres prior to JBot didn't believe in this formula, it just gets thrown out the window during and shortly after a tank.

AKA...

The right way of developing young prospects.

Not that the Sabres prior to JBot didn't believe in this formula, it just gets thrown out the window during and shortly after a tank.

I think Zemgus could have benefitted from more time in the A. His game has not evolved and perhaps regressed. He looked quite promising early on and now we can't get rid of him fast enough.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.