Sabres pick #8 Casey Mittlestadt

spndnchz

Well I'm extremely excited about this guy... To make the impression he has without the ability to do a pull up is quite outstanding.

Imagine how good he will be when he does 10 pull ups.. I mean that is like a 10x bonus multiplier. Each pull up he can do will multiply his hockey abilities by a point

Picture original Mario Brothers when the characters get a star.

But, and hear me out here, what if he's good enough and it benefits the team?

I'd be amazed. But then again, he will be a 4 time Olympic athlete, Hobey Baker winner, and have the Medal of Honor by then, so maybe it's best not to underestimate the kid

I'd be amazed. But then again, he will be a 4 time Olympic athlete, Hobey Baker winner, and have the Medal of Honor by then, so maybe it's best not to underestimate the kid

He also has to take out ISIS with just his bare hands and his heart full of courage. It should only take 15 minutes or so, but once you factor in travel time it will be a bit longer.

He also has to take out ISIS with just his bare hands and his heart full of courage. It should only take 15 minutes or so, but once you factor in travel time it will be a bit longer.

There was the one guy that literally took a sword over there to try and fight them on his own. Unsurprisingly, it didn't work

There was the one guy that literally took a sword over there to try and fight them on his own. Unsurprisingly, it didn't work

That guy didn't have the awesome aura of Casey Mittelstadt though.

His tears can cure cancer ...... to bad he's never cried.

He once walked down the street with a ....... there were no survivors.

He's like the love child of Tedy Bruschi and Chuck Norris.

That guy didn't have the awesome aura of Casey Mittelstadt though.

His tears can cure cancer ...... to bad he's never cried.

He once walked down the street with a ###### ....... there were no survivors.

He's like the love child of Tedy Bruschi and Chuck Norris.

Post of the summer, possibly the year!

Will Jbot insist he spend a year in the AHL regardless of how he progresses next year? Also what is he projected as; another wing or a center? If center, then where do we project Asplund?

The reason I ask, is that we could see a sizable group of NHL ready or near ready forwards after this coming season. Nylander is visably bigger and stronger, Mittelstadt and Asplund were the best players in D Camp. Fasching also looked good and Bailey looks ready size and speed wise. Baptiste always seems to look better in real games then camp. If all thrive this season, will be have room in 2018-19 for them all?

Will Jbot insist he spend a year in the AHL regardless of how he progresses next year? Also what is he projected as; another wing or a center? If center, then where do we project Asplund?

The reason I ask, is that we could see a sizable group of NHL ready or near ready forwards after this coming season. Nylander is visably bigger and stronger, Mittelstadt and Asplund were the best players in D Camp. Fasching also looked good and Bailey looks ready size and speed wise. Baptiste always seems to look better in real games then camp. If all thrive this season, will be have room in 2018-19 for them all?

Boy Wonder did look good on the wing and looks like he knows how to finish... He and Asplund on a line with say Bailey on a third line makes me drool. still think Sam plays a hybrid wing center with Jack and Kane. Put Nylander with KO and ROR. I forget their handedness... but it might not matter. Checking line of Larry, Fasching and Girgensen and you now have a contending NHL team! Pu gets a year in AHL with call up option and who knows who else surprises Sabres the year after that Glotov? Give Sabres some cache to find/ draft or trade for a top D. Who know about injuries. Still think the coming year is about development for all these guys. Keep forgetting about Rodriguez, see if he develops further, but I think he might have hit his ceiling. Another one along with Baptiste and Bailey who need to prove it. Nice problem for Sabres to have! Edited by North Buffalo

Really hoping we don't have to rely on an 19 year old rookie (that's not a generational talent) to be on a top line in the playoffs.

I agree with this in the sense that, we probably don't make the playoffs to begin with, without Jack finding chemistry with a winger or two. Wouldn't want to mess with that come playoff time.

Good problem to have.

I think at least one of Mittelstadt and Reinhart will shift to wing full time. The other perhaps plays C, but not necessarily.

Asplund is the future 3 C. If O'Reilly doesn't shift to wing, both Mittelstadt and Reinhart play wing, unless Asplund maxes out as a 4C.

Nylander and Bailey slot in at LW, Fasching and Baptiste on the right. Pouliot and Moulson are the two LWs that move to make room when the young-uns are ready, Pominville is a candidate on the right. I think there's space for one of the young players on RW now.

Roughly:

Mittelstadt - Eichel - Reinhart

Nylander - O'Reilly - Okposo

Kane - Asplund - Fasching

Bailey - Larsson - Baptiste

Boom.

I'm not paying $6 mill for a 3rd line LW.

Then switch him with Nylander until Nylander is off his ELC ;)

*launched self through nearest window*

Yup. Roll 3 scoring/balanced lines!

Although, I don't even mind sending out Bailey - Larsson - Baptiste for their share of minutes.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.