Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

If it's PC police to think misogynists are ######, then call me Frank Poncherello.

I was mostly having a lulz that the word "hysterical" had been used in that particular connection, since it is a word that has come under fire for its ... etymology.

True story: My oldest child advised me of that development in a calm and neutral manner when I used the word "hysterical" to describe something that was super funny.

Kid: "Daddy. Do you know where the word hysterical comes from? It comes from the Latin hystericus. It's the same root of hysterectomy. So, it's referring to a woman's womb. It's basically a term that was used to talk about how women tended to be unstable or crazy, and men tended to be more rational."

[pause]

Me: "Well, that's just lunacy."

[pause]

[kid gets the joke]

Kid: "Okay. THAT is enough out of you."

Edited by That Aud Smell

Clearly we're headed to the point where we'll use the word smurf in place of all verbs and nouns.

Come on, there's still plenty of ways to throw shade on someone that doesn't involve minorities or gender. There are piles of excrement words for that. Just be a little smurfing creative, you mothersmurfer!

lol true

smurffu##er instead of mother... yea that is funnier.

Considering there is only ONE female smurf in all of smurfdumb (yes, the spelling was intentional), that would seem to be at minimum sexist & quite likely anti-gay. Shame on you for using it. Schrader seems to have stumbled upon the one epiteth that is truly non-offensive. :lol:

Considering there is only ONE female smurf in all of smurfdumb (yes, the spelling was intentional), that would seem to be at minimum sexist & quite likely anti-gay. Shame on you for using it. Schrader seems to have stumbled upon the one epiteth that is truly non-offensive. :lol:

I FEEL GOOD ENOUGH TO F### YOUR LIGER.... 

hmmm it does kinda work. 

Per Dan Fetes

#Amerks GM Randy Sexton said he had an 'exploratory meeting' with Rochester native Brian Gionta

Two sides met for 10-15 minutes. Sexton says 'it would have be mutually beneficial' @News_8

If there are no NHL bites, it could work for him. Make 6 figures to live at home, possibly be a player coach, & be available for the Olympics.

Would also keep him w/in Botterill's & Housley's radar should there be any RW injuries & Fasching, Bailey, Baptiste, & the rest of the kids continue to underwhelm Phil.

Personally, don't expect it to happen, but it's not COMPLETELY unreasonable.

If there are no NHL bites, it could work for him. Make 6 figures to live at home, possibly be a player coach, & be available for the Olympics.

Would also keep him w/in Botterill's & Housley's radar should there be any RW injuries & Fasching, Bailey, Baptiste, & the rest of the kids continue to underwhelm Phil.

Personally, don't expect it to happen, but it's not COMPLETELY unreasonable.

Being a player coach would mess with the veteran rules though.  If there's any role, it probably wouldn't involve that "player" portion of the title.

Being a player coach would mess with the veteran rules though.  If there's any role, it probably wouldn't involve that "player" portion of the title.

Is that really that big of a problem to get around? If his signing really does give thdm 1 too many vets couldn't one of the other vet forwards get cut/traded?

Again, would be surprised to see it actually happen. Just don't expect it's completely unworkable.

Per Dan Fetes

#Amerks GM Randy Sexton said he had an 'exploratory meeting' with Rochester native Brian Gionta

Two sides met for 10-15 minutes. Sexton says 'it would have be mutually beneficial' @News_8

Absolutely hope this happens.

I appreciate giving the youngsters the chance in Buffalo, and that it was time to pass the leadership torch, but Brian would still be the third-best RW in Buffalo.

Absolutely hope this happens.

I appreciate giving the youngsters the chance in Buffalo, and that it was time to pass the leadership torch, but Brian would still be the third-best RW in Buffalo.

He's potentially the second best, depending on what we get from Pommers.

Wow.

New York Rangers forward Andrew Desjardins will receive a two-game suspension for a hit on New Jersey Devils forward Miles Wood during an exhibition game on Saturday night. Desjardins had a hearing in New York on Monday concerning the hit, with the decision laid down sidelining him for the team’s games against the Philadelphia Flyers on both Monday and Tuesday.

https://www.fanragsports.com/nhl-suspends-rangers-f-andrew-desjardins/

The NHL Top 50 thing is a bloody joke

Here's 11-20 https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-top-players-11-to-20/c-291252456

Eichel was #37

Laine was #29

Matthews is going to be in the Top 10, that is positively absurd. He's supposedly better than Tarasenko, Stamkos, Tavares, Hedman, Backstrom among many others.......

I really hope to God Matthews trainwrecks this season, just to see the NHL stop riding him like a golden goose.

Edited by thewookie1

Is that really that big of a problem to get around? If his signing really does give thdm 1 too many vets couldn't one of the other vet forwards get cut/traded?

Again, would be surprised to see it actually happen. Just don't expect it's completely unworkable.

I'm sure there's a work around, but I don't get the feeling they'd want Gionta around instead of any of those other guys.  If they did, he'd be here already.

The NHL Top 50 thing is a bloody joke

Here's 11-20 https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-top-players-11-to-20/c-291252456

Eichel was #37

Laine was #29

Matthews is going to be in the Top 10, that is positively absurd. He's supposedly better than Tarasenko, Stamkos, Tavares, Hedman, Backstrom among many others.......

I really hope to God Matthews trainwrecks this season, just to see the NHL stop riding him like a golden goose.

Hat-trick last night and as of right now, he is a top 10 player

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.