Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

Really good write-up here on how, in today's NHL, players are looking to get lean (and fast) over getting big (and strong).

https://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2017/09/16/less-is-more-as-leafs-indulge-in-need-for-speed-feschuk.html

The results of the new thinking are obvious to anyone who’s been hanging around Leafs camp. Auston Matthews, the reigning rookie of the year who celebrates his 20th birthday on Sunday, looks visibly thinner in the face and torso. Ditto Nazem Kadri and Morgan Rielly and Carrick and, well, a list of Leafs too long to enumerate.

Whether or not that message was delivered, this week Ovechkin arrived in Washington looking like a leaner version of his former self. Same goes for Vladimir Tarasenko, the tank-like St. Louis Blues sniper, who recently told reporters he’d dropped off-season poundage, too.

Really good write-up here on how, in today's NHL, players are looking to get lean (and fast) over getting big (and strong).

https://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2017/09/16/less-is-more-as-leafs-indulge-in-need-for-speed-feschuk.html

The results of the new thinking are obvious to anyone who’s been hanging around Leafs camp. Auston Matthews, the reigning rookie of the year who celebrates his 20th birthday on Sunday, looks visibly thinner in the face and torso. Ditto Nazem Kadri and Morgan Rielly and Carrick and, well, a list of Leafs too long to enumerate.

Whether or not that message was delivered, this week Ovechkin arrived in Washington looking like a leaner version of his former self. Same goes for Vladimir Tarasenko, the tank-like St. Louis Blues sniper, who recently told reporters he’d dropped off-season poundage, too.

And everyone was upset that Casey couldn't do a pull up.  He's super thin though!

St. Louis Blues forward Zach Sanford is expected to miss at least the next five-to-six months due to a dislocated shoulder, the team announced on Tuesday, per Stephen Whyno of the Associated Press. The 22-year-old suffered the injury on the first day of team practice late last week.

https://www.fanragsports.com/zach-sanford-expected-to-miss-5-6-months/

mWQKX_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-web&p=funny

9kmxv.gif

Bear nekkid laydees were definitely a distinctly different time frame in my mind. Million dollars was 92, my college years. Everything after that until the oughts was a blur as I drank my face off every night.

So thaaaaat's why you need that mask. If you'd mixed enough LSD with the booze, you'd have remembered everything......Trust me....and stop lamenting about the partying already. It doesn't make any of us folks bad peoples. Enjoy you're life while you're here. To quote you're own meme.."when you're dead...you're not here anymore!"

Bear nekkid laydees were definitely a distinctly different time frame in my mind. Million dollars was 92, my college years. Everything after that until the oughts was a blur as I drank my face off every night.

Yeah, I had the same divider, only 10 years earlier.  Early MTV, R.E.M., pop star David Bowie (Let's Dance!).

@MurphysLaw74
#NHL Bruins F Brad Marchand absolutely went off on the new #NHL faceoff rules today. "Complete joke!" "We should just have d-men take draws"

Comments below that tweet indicate there are no new rules, they're just enforcing them now

It's about time that punk got punked by the NHL.

@MurphysLaw74
#NHL Bruins F Brad Marchand absolutely went off on the new #NHL faceoff rules today. "Complete joke!" "We should just have d-men take draws"

Comments below that tweet indicate there are no new rules, they're just enforcing them now

What, have they started ejecting people again?  I feel like they pretty much stopped paying attention to that last year, but I may be thinking of the college level.  I forget which games I saw it in.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.