Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/gary-bettman-possible-seattle-nhl-team-nowhere-near/

That Seattle building is quite interesting.

Puts real pressure on the flames and Calgary to get a new arena deal.

Bettman is slick though, that new arena gives him the option of moving out the Panthers or Islanders to the west and having a spot in the east for the Nordiques.

Quebec City is not a viable market despite the claims otherwise.  They will not support a team the way a new franchise will.  They are not a corporate hub to sell boxes in and they struggled in attracting STH in the past.

Quebec City is not a viable market despite the claims otherwise.  They will not support a team the way a new franchise will.  They are not a corporate hub to sell boxes in and they struggled in attracting STH in the past.

I tend to agree on Quebec City not being a viable market, but the NHL put a team back in The Peg, so it is possible.

The fans in QC are great and will support the team.  The area is not a corporate hub, but Canada really only has one of those now in Toronto.  Last time around the government agencies did not support the team, but I believe they will next time, if it ever happens.  The area is the capital and does have some regional offices of large companies.

Do me a favor, rank this group of players

drasaitl pasternak nylander montour reinhart ekblad ehlers bennett arvidsson

That is so tough to do. It really depends on what you are valuing.  Bennett is currently last on that list though. Then I would go Montour because he gets the benefit of playing for Ananheim behind other good defenders.  Arvidsson is 3rd to last because of age. Then it is a clutster. 

So Jiri Hudler might be in trouble... accused of threatening a flight attendant and demanding cocaine.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/sports/jiri-hudler-accused-of-threatening-flight-attendant-while-demanding-cocaine

Everyone knows that's one of the options available in the drink cart.  He must not have been happy with those crazy airline prices.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.