Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

Indeed splitting hairs, but you have watched the NHL tweak the rules over the past several years, right? 

I wholeheartedly agree with you, btw.  I just trust the NHL to do things the right way about as much as I trust Phil Kessel with my hot dog.

:lol:

Fair enough. :beer:

But I wouldn't consider the red line / blue line offsides hybrid a "tweak." It would be more disruptive (negatively & possibly positively) than removing the 2 line pass was IMHO.

How about that terrible Bryan Little deal by Winnipeg?! The guy signed a 6 year extension, that won't kick in until he's 31 years of age. Scheduled to take him to age 37. 5+ Million. Brutal contract. Guy hasn't played more than 59 games the past 2 seasons.

The Jets are paying for trying to build from the wing in. Their lack of centre depth both roster wise and in terms of prospects necessitated this signing, and it's gonna be an anchor in two season when Laine gets his new deal.

Jets went from "future watch" to WIN NOW over night. Bold strategy, we'll see if it pays off.

Edited by Thorny

Let's analyze. Players can't cross the blue line until the puck hits center. This isn't that different than a standard dump-in today as shooting the puck in from the wrong side of center is icing. The thing would be a player skating around in the opponent neutral zone while others could enter the zone. it does give the offense more ice to work with, but is it that so different than what's going on today? The D follows the attacking players with attackers+1 players, and let the attacking players in the neutral zone enjoy a +1 odd man advantage in non-scoring ice. The attacking team then either skates the puck in, or makes a longer pass than now. At this point things return to normal, assuming the players have to vacate the zone when the puck comes to the blue line and out.

So, how much does the ability of players to skate around in the opponent neutral zone on the initial rush affect things vs. say, calling holding and obstruction when D reach out and touch opposing forwards now?

So he is signed now, but still not able to attend camp because his immigration papers aren't done yet.

I like the kid but he is always unprepared and wouldn't surprise me if he showed up overweight at camp again.

Seems plausible but shouldn't his agent be taking care of all the paperwork? Seems more like he needs to replace that guy.

https://www.nhl.com/video/t-/c-52702603

Here we have the first goal for the Vegas Golden Knights in preseason action and franchise history. 

The road jerseys look sharp IMO. 

Glass had a gorgeous pass, and they're up on the Canucks 8-4 :lol:

Glass had another gorgeous cross ice pass on the PP for Vegas's second goal. That kid looks like a stud, and a great piece to build an expansion team around.

Boeser sticking out for Vancouver.

Now it's 9-4.

Can someone teach me how to embed a video from NHL.com?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.